EzineArticles Asks: What Are Your Best Social Media Practices?

How Do You Use Social Media to Reach and Engage Your Audience?

Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, etc…. With so many social networks and dozens of strategies, which ones are the right fit for your platform?

The answer varies from niche to niche, which is why we are turning this question to you, our well-versed Expert Authors:

What Are Your Best Social Media Practices?

I know; that’s a HUGE topic that requires a little more information.

Consider any of the following 10 questions to help guide you in your response:

• What platform works best for you and your audience?
  • Did you find any platforms that didn’t work for you?
  • How many platforms do you concurrently manage?
  • How often do you post?
  • What do you do to increase followers and engagement?
  • What forms of content have the highest level of engagement, such as photos, links, videos, etc.?
  • Do you use your personal profile or brand profile to engage with your audience?
  • What type of calls-to-action do you use to encourage engagement and sharing?
  • Have you used paid advertising on social media and did it yield good results?
  • Have you employed a social media marketing company to either manage or boost your exposure? If so, what was your experience?

Don’t worry! We’re not asking you to answer ALL of the above questions. Simply touch on the questions that you’ve had the most experience with or additional social media strategies or methods not mentioned. Share your comments or pose a question below to join the conversation – we’d love to hear from you!

Need help? Check out the following related social media resources we’ve featured on the Blog:

Very good suggestion. I will think of how I am trying to overcome obstacles to succcess with social media and relate some small achievements. Thanks for the encouraging ideas…

Comment provided May 29, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Steven guy writes:

Facebook only because of young audience does it work twitter for older audience I use personal profile
I use optin call to action
Yes I use paid advertising but not soicial pay per c or other
I have had good experience with paid soicial media

Comment provided May 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Steven,

You bring up a valid point, which begs the question, are all social networks equal in terms of successfully reaching your customers? There is quite a bit of speculation out there that dictates which platform is best depending on your target audience. For example:

Facebook – most popular among women over the age of 35
Twitter – popular among young adults who demand real-time interactions
Google+ – most popular among young men between the ages of 18 and 34
Pinterest – most popular among women typically up to age 50

Have you noticed any of the above trends to be true in terms of your success using these platforms?

~Vanessa

RICHARD BLUMENTHAL writes:

I have to date eschewed all social media except Linked in, because they are data miners. Perhaps I’ll have to relent and join the crowd.

Comment provided May 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I think it’s important for businesses to have at least one social media outlet that it uses to Disseminate information.

However, if you are an author interested in getting extra writing work and/or building up a reputation then you pretty much need to be on this many social media platforms as we can handle. Not only should be on then you should post them the least once a week if not more.

Comment provided May 29, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Amina Ben writes:

A lot of ways of work and lot of strategies to create, if we want obtain a good results

Comment provided May 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM

ismail azmi writes:

As a place for Finding Friends, most noticeably benefit from Facebook is that we can find our old friend here

Business, for some people who runs business, Facebook is one fairly lucrative business tools

Comment provided May 29, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Ricky writes:

I twitted all my posts. They seems to get indexed fast on Google.

Comment provided May 29, 2013 at 11:42 AM

steven guy writes:

Beswt practice for social media is to post to friends and family ask them to share. because im local I can just share to my friends and it can go viral

Comment provided May 29, 2013 at 1:12 PM

steven guy writes:

Hi venesa I was on my mobile today. sorry about the mixed info.
all social are OK but you have to look to your area in some parts of the country there will be a lot of twitter users and others like us states they use google. here in Liverpool it twitter and face book I use face book but twitter is also used what Ive noticed lately is link in is being used and people are fine-ding me from my email in these other accounts. as you know we like links so Ive signed up with a lot of social sites but noticed that
these other social sites are beginning to come through in my email which tells me that people are beginning to use other sites for private use. I think if its personal website it would be face-book twitter , but no they are not because I would use different social sites for different reasons . On twitter I like to just have laugh and a joke on face-book I just generally laugh and chat but on link in I would be serious on google I keep my profile clean as don’t like to say to much to people. so no they are all different from my point of view.

Comment provided May 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM

steven guy writes:

Hope my info was readable

Comment provided May 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM

steven guy writes:

need anything just email thanks, Steve

Comment provided May 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Randall Magwood writes:

I use Facebook and Twitter everyday, along with the top social bookmarking sites. Combined they give me sufficient traffic, but converting these leads into customers is the real trick. I’ve found that leading them to my squeeze page and “warming them up” leads to more sales as opposed to just leading them to my product sales page.

Comment provided May 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Gracious Store writes:

I have a presence in all the social networks you mentioned (I’m glad you did not mention Facebook, because for me, facebook is not a marketing platform). I used pintrest but have cold feet with it, because it seems to me that it is not completely focused for marketing (expect in the recent time it opened business account. for brands). I hope the business account will help brands to focus on pinning their products rather than pinning every interesting thing they find on the web.

I prefer to engage my audience via my brand name and that is why I do not use face book in any place because it brings out my personal information which has nothing to do with my brand, even though I have a facebook business page.

Comment provided May 29, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Samer writes:

Can anybody tell me the role of Social Media for Educational Marketing ??? how we can grab the attention of our customers? and also tell me that is moodle (Learning Management System) also the part of Social Media? because Finland the world best education system also teach through Moodle and which catch the attention for foreign students.
Also comment that wiki, blogs, websites, slide share are the part of social media?? because we connect each other from these tools also

Comment provided May 30, 2013 at 2:15 AM

krrahman writes:

First, I would give an special thanks to author for his intelligent techniques to find the real answers from experience social media practitioners. Since, I am a newbie, I think twitter and face book is the place where we can get the exact audience and of course good content and interactions with followers and fun is more essentials to success. Thanks.

Comment provided May 30, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Charu Rai writes:

As far I am concern. I use Facebook daily for product promotion. I found it more user friendly and easier to reach my target audience. Now with Facebook graph search it is smoother and easy.

I use twitter too but I personally found it is difficult to use.

On the other hand I would like to draw the attention over Pinterest. I found it awesome and very helpful.
I used to get a lot of attention on Pinterest as well as a fare amount of visitor on my website.
What about you guys ?

Comment provided May 30, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Social Media is going to be real media of future. However, harnessing real potential from it requires effective strategies to be implemented. nice post :)

Comment provided May 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I tried paid ad on Google ad world with no tangible results. Generally, there will be lot of hits or clicks but without conversions. Patience and time alone reward those sincerely
involved.

Comment provided May 30, 2013 at 10:38 PM

We agree Mohan! Patience, time, and sincerity are all required in order to be effective with your social media efforts.

Currently I have been managing over 25 social media websites for our company. However, some platforms works wonder but it is really a challenging task to attract Likes, shares and followers. But the fact is power of social is influencing psyche of people astoundingly and will keep it doing. Your post: Its exciting and motivating :) Just going to share the post on my Twitter profile. :)

Comment provided June 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Louise Coulson writes:

I use Facebook as a base and make tabs under the banner to connect Pinterest, Etsy, WordPress, my website, Instagram, EzineArticles, Twitter and LinkedIn.

This has built activity on all of the pages.

Comment provided June 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM