Read, Write, and Succeed!
Reading is a fantastic way to improve your knowledge base, enhance your problem solving skills, reduce stress, and even better your writing style.
Finished reading? Expand your portfolio and leverage your credibility by taking a moment to write a book review!
Why Should You Write Book Reviews?
Writing book reviews helps you keep tabs on your niche by being involved in the conversation as well as network with fellow members of your niche. It’s also an easy way to build your exposure with your audience as a credible expert.
The Book Review Article Template
- Introduction: Be clear about what book you are reviewing. State the title and introduce the author. Provide a hook that illustrates what it means to the reader (i.e., “what’s in it for me”).
- Overview: Warning: May contain spoilers! Give your reader the context of the book by succinctly setting the scene. Describe the book’s who, what, where, when, why, and how by providing the reader with context.
- Summary: Provide the main points of the book and tie in a great 1-2 line quote that pulls it all together.
- Assessment: Provide your evaluation of the book.
- Conclusion: Tie up loose ends and succinctly recap the introduction. Discuss any forthcoming books by the author or provide additional information the reader may be interested in pursuing at this juncture (e.g., recommend a related book).
Have you written a book review? Share your tips to let us know how it worked – we’d love to hear from you!
Want more templates like this? Build a huge quality, original article portfolio by taking the guesswork out of writing articles. Click here to download EzineArticles’ 52 interactive Article Templates on PDF.