Increase Your Exposure and Traffic with Prewritten Titles

Do Your Titles Speak to Readers?

Your article says volumes about your expertise, as it rightly should. After all, who knows better than you what your niche is about? But what about your title? Does it merely whisper of the content that your article delivers, or does it catch your reader’s attention and immediately highlight what’s already on their inquiring mind?

When you sit down to write, think about what your audience is looking for. You already have the meat of your content ready to display in your article; your job now is to show them what you’re serving up with a clear picture of what they’re about to digest. Your title should be the tasty morsel that will have them exclaiming “love at first bite!”

Why Your Titles Are Important

With information bombarding us every day, everyone’s used to filtering out derivative content. Your readers are choosy in their quest for good, juicy tidbits of info. They want content that’s unique and can deliver on their behalf. Your title needs to “stand up” so to speak since your audience is constantly sending out a call to attention to you, the Expert Author. You have the opportunity to assert yourself and your brand, and your title is the first impression you make; no one gets a do over.

Points to Remember With Your Title

• Avoid spammy, keyword stuffed titles. A title that’s grammatically correct will reach your reader much better than one that’s bogged down with junk.

• What’s your point? Is it dull or sharp? Try to express in as few words as possible what your article is about. The first few words your reader sees will determine whether they continue on to view your content or simply pass up your article.

• Tell the truth. Being poked with Pinocchio’s nose hurts; so don’t do it with your title. Deliver on your title’s promise and build trust with your audience.

• Be clear and transparent. Is your title squeaky clean or is it cluttered? Don’t trip up your reader with a confusing title.

Need Help? Save Writing Time and Get Optimized Title Suggestions

Let’s face it, ideas don’t always fall from the sky into your lap. If you’re having a tough time coming up with a title, or just need some ideas, prewritten titles can help you save time and gain exposure. In your My.EzineArticles.com account, you will find Title Suggestions within the Write & Edit tab. Written by our title writing team, these titles are based on top searched keywords and phrases as well as the thoughts and questions currently trending in your niche.

Don’t believe the Title Suggestions will work for you? Meet Expert Author Janet Alston Jackson, who told us about how she found success with her Title Suggestions:

“… I gained instant traffic to my website, people joining my list, and a potential huge contract because of the suggested titles from the EzineArticles Writing Team. I am using these suggestions weekly so I don’t have to guess what people are looking for. Over the years since I have been writing for Ezine Articles (2008), I may have gotten four hits on a title in a week. When I tried a suggested title from EzineArticles, “How to De-Stress After an Argument,” I got 18 hits in one day from the EzineArticles site and 20 on my personal blog. Almost 40 views just in one day.

“I knew article writing was the key for me to market, but I just wasn’t getting the traffic. Now I am FIRED UP!!! Way to go EzineArticles!!! I feel you are part of my team.”

Click here to find titles that will not only help to optimize the subject of your article, but also inspire future ones!

Randall Magwood writes:

Great blog post. I always tend to write strictly for my reader and make my title (and body content) coherent and understandable. My title is the first thing that people will look at, so I make sure to make it really good.

Comment provided January 28, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I hate to say it, and I really wish it were not so, but readers pre-judge content prior to clicking on it, solely based on the gosh-darn title, so try to get it right and then DELIVER on the promise!

Comment provided January 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Omowali Isidore writes:

Another great blog post! I also really like that feature of the back-office that allows you to create titles for articles. It has definitely helped me to also create fresh content to write about. Thanks!

Comment provided January 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Gracious Store writes:

Sure! title is what lures a person to read an article. If the title is not appealing the chances are very low that someone person will read the article.

Thanks for the title suggestion tool, I just got a good title for my next article

Comment provided January 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM

devraaj writes:

This is such important information. I think Titles are definitely worth a lot of thought!

A title is a story’s first impression, people make a first impression with appearance, wardrobe and body language. A lot of people are misinformed about titles. Even if the publisher doesn’t use it, you need one that grabs attention to market the ms. Great topic.

Comment provided January 28, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Arun Goyal writes:

Titles are really very important in framing your FIRST IMPRESSION. No matter how creative or good you are at writing the maturity and time are the factors that make you deliver more impressive and effective Titles. Of course it it a good idea to get help from EzineArticles to make it RICH and ASSERTIVE.

Comment provided January 29, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Hemant writes:

Great Article. If title is not appealing then chances of reading article is very low. Thanks for the title suggestion tool , I just got a good titlte for my next article

Comment provided January 29, 2013 at 4:02 AM

Lynda Hulme writes:

The saying goes “don’t judge a book by it’s cover”, but it’s clear that articles are judged by their title, so get it right.

Comment provided January 30, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Mark Herdman writes:

After reading all about SEO and traffic. This article really enforces the message of having a good title to a post. Thank you for the good tips and pointers i have already implemented them into my posts.

Comment provided February 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Anupam Khurana writes:

Significance of a good title is undoubtedly utmost, but it nonetheless must be simplified representation of article gist. Will definitely try prewritten titles.

Comment provided February 1, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Glenn writes:

Great post!

Once a blogger understands that the title sells the article or blog post it should be easy to attract readers.

It doesn’t really matter how great the article or blog post might be if the title doesn’t make readers want to click on.

Following on from that, the opening sentence should make readers want to read the next. Sadly many writers fail in this important area, thinking that their snappy title will do produce the goods on its own!

Thaks for sharing :)
Glenn

Comment provided February 2, 2013 at 3:47 AM

sql writes:

Main point is do not confuse your users while writing titles – though it’s very important but use very simple and catchy stuff that explain the entire summary in small title.
Sarah

Comment provided March 16, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Daniel Ross writes:

All what is said is important. When is comes to article writing with EzineArticles there is a difference. EzineArticles is very generous in giving us a suggestion about that high catchy titles. I have used a few of them and have seen visitors just coming in. Use what EzineArticles has to offer for a start. Very soon you will be an expert and will be doing your own titles better! hope all our EzineArticles team players will have a good day of writing.

Comment provided April 23, 2013 at 1:23 AM

We hope you have a great day writing as well!

~Vanessa

Kevin Mulia writes:

Definitely spot on. We must always grab their attention, but there’s nothing worse with finding out that you aren’t getting what you were promised for.

Comment provided November 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM