Don’t Let Quality Take a Back Seat in Your Articles (VIDEO)

Avoid Frustration and Confusion: Maintain Quality to Maintain Credibility

You might think you’re saving time by skipping the proofreading step, but let’s get that notion out of the way:

Bad writing habits, like poor grammar, are annoying.

Your readers and competition scoff at poor grammar because even if they’ve made the mistake, they love to point out other people’s mistakes. Publishers hate it because they can’t publish articles with poor grammar. And finally, you hate it because it’s a punch in the face to your credibility and it’s a complete waste of your time.

Don’t believe us? Check out why you shouldn’t let quality take a back seat in your articles in this quick video.

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

Avoid confusion and frustration. Don’t let quality take a back seat in your articles.

Try the following resources to help you save time and get more out of your efforts without sacrificing quality:

jagmohan chadha writes:

I do find the articles published by you of native authors do have mistakes in them which are often overlooked because they are from natives. There is often prejudice to Indian authors by the articles getting rejected.

Comment provided January 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Nolan Wilson writes:

With all due respect jagmohan, I disagree. There is no prejudice against anyone. There are certain characteristics that make a high quality article and if they are not present, then the article will get rejected no matter who you are or what your nationality is.

Randall Magwood writes:

I think most people who do article writing simply write up an article and don’t pay attention to grammar or correct style and structure. This is especially true with authors who submit multiple articles on a daily basis.

Comment provided January 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Gracious Store writes:

I have just submitted one of my articles for the 5th time in a role, it is both embarrassing and annoying. My annoyance is not with the editors, but with myself. Each time I go through the article I will always see one or two errors I did not see the previous time I read the article.

Rather than thinking that the editors are biased or have prejudice against anyone, I think it is better to “suck up” the frustration go through the article and make the necessary corrections.

It is much easier to write an article than to proofread, expect if you have someone who does a very careful work of proofreading for you.

After all said and done, I rather have my articles published with no form of error than to have a poorly written articles in my name. As long as the internet remains, those article will always “go with you”., and you may not like to see those articles along the line.

Editors well done!! Even though I am still going through the ” purifying fire” of re-submitting one of my article for the fifth time in a role”

Comment provided January 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM

krsnakhandelwal writes:

While grammar etc are important, I think the best attraction in case of an article is its message because if the grammar is perfect and message is meaningless then the price paid by reader is much more and reversely if the reader is put off just because there are some issues related with grammar and loses the opportunity to get a beautiful message then also he only would be at a loss. A good doctor in shabby clothes is better than a bad one in decent suit.

Comment provided January 16, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Noreen Moir writes:

This happens to me every time I am on my 4th or 5th article. And somewhat it is kinda frustrating realizing you have errors in your articles.

Comment provided January 16, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Apl Pantilimon Lou writes:

“A good doctor in shabby clothes is better than a bad one in decent suit.”

I really love this saying! Yeah, I do agree that quality counts a great deal when it comes to online publication.

Comment provided January 18, 2013 at 6:39 AM