Guidelines for Your Success
The EzineArticles Editorial Guidelines: They’ve been called cryptic, stringent, arbitrary, and even idealistic. In fact, even some of our most experienced authors don’t know why certain Editorial Guidelines are in place, while others may feel like they are a cruel joke preventing them from publishing content.
This is far from the truth! You are at the heart of everything we do. Your failures are our failures. Your successes are our successes. With over hundreds of thousands of Expert Authors out there, you’re probably doubtfully thinking, “Yeah, right!”
We pay attention. From our Editors to our Developers, from articles to social media pages, we pay attention. When you’re thrilled about publishing your first article, like Expert Author Helen Silverwood commented on Twitter, we are too! And when you’re celebrating because one of your articles has been picked up by a magazine, like Expert Author Laurence Bacchus excitedly mentioned on our Facebook page, we’re overjoyed!
On the other hand, we’ve also knocked that risk ball around a few times and cannot naively believe everyone who submits to EzineArticles.com is altruistic, capable of writing, or is indeed an expert in their niche. We must therefore balance freedom of expression as well as a wide-open publishing door with responsibilities to avoid unjustifiable offence and to provide appropriate protection for our authors as well as our readers and our publishers. In our commitment to providing you with a high-quality service, we level the playing field by publishing our Editorial Guidelines for all to see in order to ensure someone else’s poor quality doesn’t weigh-down your credibility by publishing on our site.
In addition, we provide the Editorial Guidelines for you to use to your advantage – not just in your article writing efforts, but for all of your efforts across the Internet. These guidelines are based on years of experience (good or bad, it’s all about discovery); truckloads of data telling us who or what was successful or unsuccessful; masses of questions, comments, and suggestions from members; and of course, laws that serve to protect us all.
The current EzineArticles Editorial Guidelines are broken up into 5 sections:
- Introduction – Before all else, original and informative value are the two characters that define quality. We describe what it means to be original and informative as well as what it’s not.
- Article Content – From grammar to ethical practices, we outline a wide variety of guidelines that will help you raise and maintain your credibility.
- Author Name – Your author name is the tie between all of your articles on EzineArticles.com and these guidelines help you make it transparent as well as credible.
- Format – From titles and summaries to article bodies and HTML, these guidelines help you format your articles to be read by readers, easily republished with proper attribution by publishers, as well as picked up by search engines.
- Affiliate Programs and Links – We understand that affiliates are a significant part of the Internet community. If you’re an affiliate, use these guidelines to build trust in your authority as an expert, not just your affiliated brand.
The EzineArticles Editorial Guidelines are used as a quality tool to ensure the articles we receive will be accepted by readers and publishers as well as maintain the overall quality of the site. Every Editor and every Member Support team member goes through rigorous training to uphold these guidelines to ensure you have every element of success on your side.
Please take a moment to review the Editorial Guidelines. Then, come back here to let us know what you think! Are there any particular areas of the guidelines that are confusing? Do you have any questions about why a guidelines is in place? Let’s hear it! Please provide your feedback below! Or, if you would like to discuss this more privately, please contact our Support team by clicking here.