Are You Legit?
Ever wonder why you had the option to upload professional photos using your EzineArticles Expert Author account?
In addition to your Expert Author Photo*, professional photos increase transparency, credibility, trust, and exposure.
Take a moment to imagine yourself as your reader: You’ve just finished reading an article on EzineArticles.com. You’re not quite ready to dive into the links the author has provided in the Resource Box so you decide to click on the author’s name to learn more about them on their Expert Author Profile page. As you browse this page to discover more about the author (and to determine whether they’re legit), you find a brief bio, articles, niches, achievements, links, and finally, the Professional Photos gallery.
Clicking into the gallery, you discover dozens of photos depicting the author in their niche, the author shaking hands with fans and other leaders of their niche, and you get a glimpse of the products or services they offer on their site.
Is this author legit? Yes!
This amount of transparency fosters trust and reinforces credibility. It also easily creates a connection between you and the reader because they can see the real you in action.
Use these tips to begin uploading your professional photos today!
How to Upload Your Professional Photos on My.EzineArticles.com
To upload a professional photo:
- Log into your My.EzineArticles.com account
- Select the Profile tab, and then select Professional Photos
- Select Upload a Photo and then select Upload New Image
- Select the image you would like to use from your computer
- Expand the crop area and rotate the photo using the arrows underneath the image.
- Enter a title for your professional photo in the Title field
- Once you are satisfied with your Professional Photo, select Add
Professional Photo Guidelines
- The photo must relate to your niche
- The photo must be .jpg or .jpeg file
- The photo’s file size must be less than 300k, at least 240×300 pixels, but no more than 960×1200 pixels
- The photo can be an image of you and include others
- The photo can include goods, services, and other promotional items
- The photo can feature a rendering, drawing, or non-photo image
- The photo may feature your company and/or personal logo, symbols, crests, or avatar image
- The photo must not be a copyrighted image you do not own
- The photo must not feature a brand other than your own to promote your own goods and services
- The photo must not feature violent, sexually-explicit, or offensive material
- The photo gallery may contain up to 100 professional images
Don’t Send Conflicting Messages with Your Professional Photos
Make sure you don’t post any photos that might do damage to your credibility. For example, let’s say you’re a health fitness expert. Uploading photos of your fitness center, equipment, etc. would be appropriate. However, uploading photos of you mowing down a box of doughnuts might be funny, but it could damage your credibility. In the end, only post professional photos that are relevant to your brand or niche and uphold your credibility.
*For more information on your Expert Author Photo, click here.
Increase your credibility, trust, exposure, and transparency with professional photos by logging into your My.EzineArticles.com account and uploading yours now!