Changing Times Article Template

The Old Way Versus the New Way

Whether you consider yourself “old school” or “new school,” this article template gives you a format to share your argument with the world.

In just about every niche, you can find members of the “old school” who like to reminisce about times past.

At the same time, there are members of the “new school” who, no matter what the cost or benefit, remain on the cutting edge and are ready to test out new products and procedures.

So how do you find the balance between “old school” and “new school”?

It’s as simple as considering how times have changed. Consider these three questions:

1. Are there any areas of your niche you think: “Back in my day”?
  2. Are there any areas in your niche that have become more complicated as the industry has evolved?
  3. Are there any areas in your niche that have become easier due to advances in technology or resources?

Once you’ve considered how times have changed (for better or for worse) you need to fully develop a point of view and get writing using this template!

• Open with a Story – Tell a very short story about the way things were in the past. Depending on the argument you plan on making, you may paint a positive or a negative picture of the past.

• Explain the New Environment – Introduce how things are now.

• List the Changes – Point out specific things that have changed. Make each new item another item in the list.

• Give Your Analysis – Describe how you feel about the changes. Either endorse the changes or explain why the old way is better. Conclude by summarizing your main points one more time.

Use this article format to explain how times have changed in your niche. Satisfy nostalgia while looking for relevant and present solutions for your audience.

You may even get an idea of how things will evolve in the future. Forecast changes in your niche by using the Predictions Article Template.

Opal writes:

This is great and right down my alley. I am already thinking of how I can write an article comparing the “olden” times” with the “now” times. What fun!

Comment provided July 2, 2012 at 10:47 AM

amy writes:

Thank you this has really helped with the now time, i understand to be able to succeed well in writing articles and my inspiration always comes from your site.

Comment provided July 2, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Randall Magwood writes:

This is actually a good template to follow. I can easily see myself making thought proviking, 700+ word articles for my readers. Thanks for the share!

Comment provided July 2, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Zahra J. Saleh writes:

Randal Magwood, where do you live and which country do you belong to? And what do you do for living? The reason I asked you is because you have lot of passion and time for writing. So keep it up and luck you man.

Best regards
Zahra

April Braswell writes:

Thank you to Christopher and EzineArticles for sharing another really helpful article writing template here in the blog. I really appreciate how many practical helps and tips EzineArticles.com provides to its writers.

One of the transition phrases I often find myself using when writing about the changing times in my niche field is, “But that was then, and this is now.” It makes for a fun contrast.

Sincerely,

April Braswell

Comment provided July 2, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Thiet ke logo writes:

This is entirely useful template to follow and i will apply for my projects

Comment provided July 3, 2012 at 1:33 AM

priyajit singh writes:

Thanks for this template. It really helps understand writing a good article. I’ll apply…

Comment provided July 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Thanks for sharing, thie template is convenient

Comment provided July 3, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Gareth writes:

Simple, to the point and easy to write. The perfect article. In such a rapidly evolving world as ours, I’m sure we can come up with lots of “new innovation” type posts.

Here’s to the future!

Comment provided July 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM

kerala tour writes:

Amazing design.. I love it. I have just no more words for it, its simple as that!

Comment provided July 5, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Thiet ke logo writes:

This is nice Article Template and it is help me so much in e-marketing works

Comment provided July 6, 2012 at 8:40 AM

comparizon writes:

Great Job……
It is so informative and so clear that every one can get it.Please keep it up.
Thanks for the information.

Comment provided July 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Russ writes:

Man I was sorta like ho hum but as I read the comments it started sinking in like – hey I can definately see how to use this and YES I’m definately GONNA use this and yes I am using it!!!!!! yeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaa
so thanks after all Chris

Comment provided July 20, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Salihu S Dikko writes:

This is a very good template to reckon with.Because, when things changed, you go to change with them too, other wise, you will be labelled old stuck or old man out. But, to some people, who are in the same shoe with you, you would still mean a lot. I should think that, we must need the later than the former. Thanks again.

Comment provided October 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Kara Nelson writes:

Thanks for sharing Article Template with us, really helpful.

Comment provided October 22, 2012 at 10:40 PM