Keep Your EzineArticles Account Up-to-Date
In all the hullabaloo of your daily Internet activities, you may forget to update your EzineArticles account information.
Updating your account information is important. If your information is out-of-date, opportunities may pass you by. Use this checklist to ensure your account information is up-to-date, your Expert Author Profile is accurate, and your links are functioning properly to open the door to opportunity.
Update Your Settings
- Is your email address up-to-date? A majority of Internet users maintain multiple email accounts or will change emails several times. We recommend using your primary email account to ensure our communications with you don’t go astray (i.e. we’d like to feature you for our Expert Author Showcase, issues with your account, etc.).
- Have you moved? If you have visited our Facebook page, you may have noticed many of our members have submitted photos of themselves with their hard-earned EzineArticles mugs and other gifts. Ensure your mailing address is up-to-date so you can receive gifts too!
- Update your password. We ensure top-notch security, but you can give your security a boost by updating your password at least once a year.
Update Your Payment Accounts
Next, visit the Payment Accounts section of your author name dropdown menu. For any payment accounts that have been set up, check this information to make sure it is accurate, e.g. ensure the credit card information is correct and has not expired.
Update Your Profile
Moving on to your My.EzineArticles.com account’s Profile tab, update your biography information:
- Update your Photo.
- Update your Biography (in 400 words or less) to help readers get to know you.
- Update your Business Name.
- Test all of your URLs to ensure they are functioning, relevant, and up-to-date.
- Update the Keywords about you and your niche to help readers zero-in.
Test Your Article Links
Finally, visit the Diagnostics section in your Write & Edit tab. The Article Diagnostic Center checks the links in your published articles to ensure they are responding properly and do not contain dangerous malware. If any links appear in the Diagnostics section, please resolve the issue ASAP to prevent link deactivation.
Also, visit your Published Articles section and test your live articles. Upon submission, your article’s links may have had 100% quality and relevance; however, over time your websites age, are updated, and may lose their relevance to the article. Test your links to ensure they are functioning properly as well as are still relevant to your articles to provide a great user experience.
There you have it! We recommend you go through this checklist at least once a year to ensure your information is accurate, reflects your credibility, and ultimately drives more traffic to your websites or blogs.