Best Practices for Expert Author Facebook Users

3 Pillars to a Stable Platform

Want to build exposure and credibility? How about drive more traffic to your website or blog? Maybe even throw in a loyal audience?

Enter the 3 pillars of the Expert Author super-platform:

• You – Your brand (personal or professional) via website or blog.
  • Articles – Published articles on a credible platform, like EzineArticles.
  • Facebook – A business/brand Facebook page.

Sound unconvincing? Check this out: You have a website. Hoping to get caught in a user’s search isn’t going to make your bottom line. You need to drive more traffic to your site and in order to do that, you need to build trust. What builds trust? Credibility, but credibility and raw traffic isn’t going to cut it – you’ll just end up skimming the top.

Here’s where the 3 pillars come in: If you publish quality, original articles, you will increase your credibility and trust in your brand, as well as drive traffic back to your website. Then, you can share these articles with your followers on Facebook – which will continue to increase your credibility and audience, as well as serve to deepen your followers’ engagement with your entire platform. Continue adding to each pillar and cycling through this process and you will no longer be skimming. You will be building your platform to become bigger, more effective, and eventually self-maintaining.

However, your Facebook page needs to be more than just sharing published articles. To stabilize a loyal Facebook audience, there are several best practices you can implement to truly make your Expert Author platform into a super-platform.

Here are the 5 best practices for Facebook:

1. Keep ’em Separate. Keep a private/personal Facebook page and a business/website Facebook page.

2. Be Consistent. Be consistent with your brand. You don’t need to continue repeating your company slogan over and over again, but you do need to be consistent with names, images, writing styles, personas, etc.

3. Find the Media Balance. Maintain multiple sources of information to prevent inundating your audience with one type of information. Consider:

• Share – Share your recently published articles with your Facebook audience by providing a snippet or hook to catch their interest and show off your articles on a professional platform.

• Text – Share statuses, updates, guest articles, quotes, testimonials, etc. Ask specific questions, e.g. “What do you think?” is too generic. Give your followers choices to get them thinking and to promote a response.

• Images – Internet memes are all the rage right now. Consider posting humorous images relevant to your niche and share why you thought the image was funny or if it reminded you of something.

• Videos – Share your videos, as well as videos relevant to your niche from YouTube. Share why you thought the video was “share worthy,” what it meant to you, and what it means for your niche.
  4. Initiate Discussion with Others. Build relationships with highly interactive followers and other experts in your niche by initiating discussions with them through comments, articles, achievements, and much more. Invite followers to comment on your posts, share their favorite relevant moments, etc.

5. Share Your Achievements. We’ve provided you with tons of tools and features to share on My.EzineArticles.com which will help increase your credibility and help your audience connect with you on a greater level. Share badges you’ve earned, professional photos you’ve uploaded, and more on your Facebook page. Dust off relevant articles from your portfolio and share them with your Facebook audience. Share, share, share!

There you have it! The 5 best practices for Facebook Expert Authors. Use these strategies to increase the strength of your platform and be patient. None of these pillars can be built overnight. It will take time to develop each element of your platform and a little nurturing care. Know that once your platform matures, it will begin to manage itself more and more.

Go on and take the first step to building your super-platform by sharing your published articles on your Facebook page. And don’t forget to connect to fellow EzineArticles Expert Authors on Facebook by adding them to your My.EzineArticles.com Network.

Andy writes:

Something I do for my business, is link it to my facebook page when I write a new article. Having a facebook page where you can share your work ‘socially’ becoming more and more important.

Comment provided May 18, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Joseph Dabon writes:

Would you mind sharing your results. While everybody is saying FB and Twitter are “musts” in promoting your business, the hard fact is that everybody is also doing it and are plain interested in what they are offering, not what others are offering.

Opal writes:

Should I have a special business Face Book separate from my “friendly” one where my articles can be shown? Will the entire articles be shown or just the summary?

Comment provided May 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Opal –

Yes, you should have both a professional and a personal Facebook page if the content of each is very divergent. For example, if you talk about your children on Facebook, but your article niche is “sports equipment,” you would want two different pages. If, on the other hand, you are a motivational coach and typically post motivational items on your personal Facebook page, then it might be okay to combine them into one.

Only the title will be shown on your Facebook page.

– Marc

Joseph Dabon writes:

Does it mean creating another FB account or you can have a separate, distinct page in the same account?

Joseph –

I would suggest a separate Facebook “page” for each niche you write you about. Those pages can all be housed under one account that serves as the Admin account. Read more about creating Facebook pages here: http://EzineArticles.com/search/?q=create+a+facebook+page

– Marc

Troy Sparks writes:

When we talk about trust on the Internet we cannot be nieve to think everyone is trustworthy. Building trust with technology is important in today’s world of e-commerce. So many businesses are joining and branching out into e-commerce to stay alive and need reliable software that is trustworthy and meets their needs. Information is key in today’s marketplace, it helps consumers trust companies and vice/versa. Its all about relationships!

Comment provided May 18, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Zarada writes:

I share all my articles on business/website Facebook page and I have a lot of visits on my new blog from Facebook

Comment provided May 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Joseph Dabon writes:

That’s great. Could you share with me your blog link so I can pay it a visit as well?

Jon Vaitl writes:

Time is one of the biggest factors. As it says in the post, we all need to be patient. Building trust in a social network really isn’t much different than building trust in our daily lives. The more we genuinely interact, and the less we blitz people with promotion, the more likely we are to gain the trust and traffic we want.

Comment provided May 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Moses writes:

Wonderful post on the importance and power of social networks.
Moses.

Comment provided May 21, 2012 at 5:44 AM

Aditi Datta writes:

Thanks for sharing this informative post with us!! I like the five practice tips for facebook that you have highlighted. Quite interesting. I feel that social media plays a very important role specially facebook.

Comment provided May 22, 2012 at 4:23 AM

Randall Magwood writes:

Finding the right media balance has proven to be most effective for me. Good tips.

Comment provided July 1, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Billy Young writes:

Very good article. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

The problem I have with my Facebook account, and my attached business page—no one ever responds to anything I post or share. And when I post comments to any of my friends’ postings—I rarely see replies to ANYTHING….Sometimes makes we wonder why I even HAVE a Facebook acccount. Plus I have the same problem on all of my other profiles as well.

Obviously I’m doing something wrong.

Any suggestions?

Comment provided October 24, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Ian writes:

Billy – I have, and am, experiencing the same but just recently had two new contacts to my Facebook business page! They may have just wanted to do the same – build their list of contacts – but they had taken the effort to find my page, take a look at it (maybe), and respond to their “Like” of it!
So maybe it is like a marriage relationship – you have to work at it, with it, and for it to make it work better!

Comment provided May 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Jaime Librado writes:

Is there a way for us to automate our marketing on Facebook?

Comment provided August 8, 2013 at 4:30 AM

Hi Jaime,

There are programs/sites out there that will automate your Facebook posts, however we are not able to recommend any for you.

~Vanessa

Endik Cholid Royani writes:

Do you have a sample page/fb that accomodate your above tips?

Comment provided August 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM