How to Get 10 Articles From 1 Idea

Leverage Your Credibility and Build Your Article Library Simultaneously

Here’s a trick that will turn your next brilliant idea into 10 quality, original articles: approach your idea from 10 different angles! Not only will you save time and energy, you’ll be consistent and you’ll refresh your credibility.

10 Angles 10 Articles

1. Overview – Provide a basic overview of your original idea, how or where it originates, as well as what relevance it holds for your niche, for whom, and why.

2. Intermediate – Discuss the more complex concepts of your awesome idea, such as relevant niche jargon described in your own words, current trends, and/or pros vs. cons.

3. Advanced – Consider the principles of your original idea – why they are important and what impact do they have in your niche, as well as on the reader. Provide evidence and examples to support your claim.

4. Assumptions – Present assumptions your readers have about the concept behind your idea. Are the assumptions true or false? Help your readers breakthrough barriers and overcome preconceived notions.

5. Guides – Provide a how-to article, a step-by-step guide, or discuss what readers or clients need (or need to do) in order to perform a task or achieve a goal relevant to your brilliant idea.

6. Reviews – Describe any products or services associated with your idea. Pick out the features that work particularly well and things that made the products or services stand out.

7. FAQ – Uncover your readers most frequently asked questions related to your idea by searching forums, comments on social media sites, Internet searches, and more. Provide the question and then your answer.

8. Opinion – Provide a critique (i.e. exercise careful judgment) and provide evidence, such as a personal anecdote or an example supporting your claim. Be informative without providing promotional bias or negative commentary.

9. Comparative – Compare your enlightened idea against other practices, claims, etc. Be descriptive, as well as offer similarities and differences.

10. Futuristic – During your research or writing, you may have honed new insights related to your original idea. Provide them and tie them in with predictions for the future.

When using each angle discussed above, keep in mind these 3 keys to ensuring you’re a success:

1. Preparation: Use quick article outlines of each angle to prevent article crossover.
  2. Concision: Frame your articles within 400-700 words to maintain interest and for syndication.
  3. Originality: Ensure each article is unique, i.e. content does not repeat across multiple articles.

Explore your ideas in a new light by trying these 10 angles in your next set of quality, original articles!

That’s true man. From my next session of writing I should also include using Frequently Asked Questions!

Comment provided April 17, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Hope Anderson writes:

Great article. I’ll try this concept.

Comment provided April 17, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Samuel Bani Dauda writes:

Thanks for giving me the trick, I will apply this in my next article writing.

Comment provided April 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I love to learn and this is a great article. My favorite is doing reviews and the other ideas I must think about so that I can do them. I love the diagram as it is easier to understand. Thanks man!

Comment provided April 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Randall Magwood writes:

Guides, FAQ, and originality are my 3 main ways to come up with article ideas. With these 10 combined – along with these 52 article templates in the deck of cards package, it will be easy to come up with hundreds of unique articles quite easily. This post I will definitely bookmark.

Comment provided April 17, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I recommend to follow the above with the Overview, Intermediate and Advanced. And then go on with the others and adjust your article accordingly.
I remember I used to have no plan and I would try to put articles together and it would take me a much longer time. Thank you.

Comment provided April 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Nahid writes:

What a great idea! I have experimented with some of these ideas in my articles, the most I manged was 3. But 10 articles from the same idea is brilliant! Thank you for enlightening us.

Comment provided April 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Good stuff here today, I’d add that if you are writing for the advanced crowd use industry buzz-words or technical slang in the titled. When writing for the novice crowd use laymen’s terms in the title. Intermediate crowd – mix it up with some of both. Otherwise the novices won’t enjoy it and/or the advanced crowd will be underwhelmed depending on which article they come to.

Comment provided April 17, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Sergio Felix writes:

Hey Penny,

Thanks for the great tips on content creation!

I have been reading a lot about headlines lately and combined with this, I think I’ll be able to create a LOT of content on my chosen topics.

Thank you!

Sergio

Comment provided April 18, 2012 at 2:38 AM

John Bauer writes:

I have attended web sessions on this topic and at that time asked about my particular product which are Professional disposable Gloves and even the instructor could not come up with any suggestion. He said ” That is a tough one.” So my question is how can I write multiple articles to bring attention to my sight?

Comment provided April 18, 2012 at 11:31 AM

John –

The key is to think less about writing articles about your gloves, and more about writing articles for the people who USE your gloves. For example, if your gloves are designed to protect users from chemical contact, perhaps you could write about the prevention of chemical burns. If you look at the list of 10 different angles from which to approach your article, I’ll bet that you can find a way to address prevention of chemical burns from all of those different angles. Then take a look and another use for your gloves and write 10 articles based on that particular use.

Another trick would be to use article templates. These can truly jump start the creative process for you. Check them out here: http://Shop.EzineArticles.com/ArticleTemplates/

– Marc

Fax Authority writes:

some more:

Historical – how “story” came to be, what lead up to it, who invented it

Individual Components – what is your item / story made of? Can you write on the individual characters / parts that make it up?

Comment provided April 18, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Aaditya Sardwal writes:

Awesome! I think, this is really a nice idea of coming out with more articles, from one single thought.

Thanks for sharing!

Aaditya

Comment provided April 19, 2012 at 5:09 AM

John Bauer writes:

Thanks for the feedback. It did get me thinking about what my next article can be about. I hope to start on it today. I also hope to write one at least every other day now that you helped me . Thanks again
John Bauer

Comment provided April 19, 2012 at 8:58 AM

William Coleman writes:

First time I heard of this concept. Brilliant! I will try to implement immediately.

Thanks

Comment provided April 19, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Luanne writes:

Thanks for the brainstorming session. Great ideas to expand upon.

Comment provided April 21, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Javed Shaikh writes:

What a great idea, 10, articles from single thought,
nice way, thanx for pointing me towards this trick, I will surely try

Comment provided April 23, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Ronald Russ writes:

Penny:
If we are going to write a set of articles relating to the same general subject, may they be submitted sequentially, or must they be saved and submitted at the same time?
Thanks,
Ron

Comment provided April 24, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Ronald –

You can simply submit them as you write them. There’s no need to submit related articles as a batch. However, be sure that each article can stand on its own. For more information on how to write articles in a series, see this Blog post: http://Blog.EzineArticles.com/2011/07/2-minute-tips-article-series.html

– Marc

Russ writes:

This was a gooda
I’m gonna copy the link and put it in my folder on article writing tips and use it as a guide for articles in the future esp if I get stumped. It’s sure to jar something lose.
Cool.
Oh and I liked the tip Marc gave to John it gives further ideas on how to use it.
Thanks,
Russ

Comment provided April 24, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Pramila writes:

Sounds interesting one concept can work with several article with different twist…

Comment provided April 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Supriya Sinha writes:

I am new user on EzineArticles site. This article is very useful for persons like me. It clears so many doubts at once. I was planning a few articles submission, now I believe that I can multiply those articles in multiple.

Comment provided May 1, 2012 at 3:39 AM

sakaram puddoo writes:

they are,without any doubt,useful tools and effective brainstorming to all those who start writing articles. Viewing the article’s main idea from different angles enables me to enhance the content of my article which such minute details that do render it interesting and captivating. Thanks for these precious tips.

Comment provided May 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Tawnee writes:

Thank you for this great article. Sometime I write on the fly and I think going back to thinking through an outline and how to expand is something I need to be conscious of. Thanks for the great article.

Comment provided May 14, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Elena writes:

Very informative. I could certainly use this “trick” in writing my articles.

Comment provided May 14, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Supriya Sinha writes:

Thnaks for this informative article. It will help the newcomers as well as others to improve their writing and get more ideas for new articles.

Comment provided May 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Ranga Nathan writes:

The suggestion is well and good to make the best article submission…

Comment provided May 15, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Paul writes:

Thanks. Terrific ways to expand on an idea!

Comment provided May 21, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Claude Nougat writes:

Thanks, this is terrifically useful! I started from a simple observation: with baby boomers passing the 55+ mark, the market for boomer movies and books is expanding exponentially. There are some 75 million boomers, just make the maths! While Hollywood has produced many successful movies aimed at boomer audiences, the publishing industry hasn’t yet noticed, it’s still working on the usual genres with YA (Young Adults) leading the pack – but there are more boomers than Young Adults!

I wrote a first article on this, but now I need to revise, expand, re-write, so I welcome your suggestions!

Comment provided December 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM