A fun and exciting opportunity for tomorrow’s Expert Authors!
In June of this year, the all new Camp EzineArticles will open its gates for the very first time. Located just 90 miles north of the EzineArticles headquarters, Camp EzineArticles will be the first facility in the world to cater to the needs of aspiring young Expert Authors ages 9 through 17. Poised on the site of a former isolationist commune, the camp provides an ideal location for future article marketers to develop their skills in a fun and distraction-free environment.
Article marketing guru Christopher Knight, EzineArticles Publisher and CEO, leads a dream team of instructors who have dedicated themselves to the singular goal of bringing the finer points of their craft to these eager youngsters. Most have even volunteered their services in order to make this incredible experience affordable to all.
With a week-long curriculum based on the award-winning EzineArticles Formula, campers can expect to learn all of the finer points of becoming a successful Expert Author. Upon completion, each will be given the title of Junior Diamond Level Author and earn a highly coveted EzineArticles coffee mug to commemorate their time spent at the camp.
A Sampling of the Camp EzineArticles Curriculum
- Article Marketing Basics – An in-depth primer into the myriad topics associated with article writing, marketing, and Internet promotion.
- Anatomy of a Great Landing Page – In this course, students will dissect their parents or guardians’ primary landing page in an effort to evaluate the validity of commonly followed “best practices.” They will parlay this experience into the building of their own high-quality landing pages.
- Logging into My.EzineArticles.com – Because of the enhanced simplicity of our new interface, it’s anticipated that this class will be one of the shortest in the Camp EzineArticles curriculum. This fact should leave plenty of time for competitive sports like baseball, archery and typing.
- Picking a Niche – Although not yet confirmed for the 2012 class roster, this course should prove to be incredibly popular among the campers. Available niches include teen-friendly subjects like video games, sports, and corporate finance.
- Creating a Killer Profile – Using many of the concepts made popular by such TV shows as Dexter, CSI, and Criminal Minds, this class teaches students the skills necessary to create an Expert Author profile, one of the fundamental building blocks of a successful article writing and marketing campaign.
- Building an Effective Resource Box – On the first full day of this two day hands-on workshop, campers will discover the fascinating step-by-step process of building, testing, and implementing a standard four-line Resource Box. On day two, the children will be broken up into focus groups to evaluate the effectiveness of each others’ efforts.
- Advanced Topics – In the final hour of the camp, we’ll tackle a variety of advanced article writing and marketing topics. The list includes accelerated SEO, keyword research techniques, understanding the long tail concept, implementing a multifaceted social networking strategy, writing for an international audience, and more.
Camp EzineArticles isn’t all work and no play. A big part of each young camper’s day will include fun activities like horseback riding, spear fishing, skydiving, and free-climbing. Parents can expect to pay a small fee for these activities and will be required to sign a waiver.
“We’re excited about the fabulous opportunities presented by Camp EzineArticles,” says founder Christopher Knight. “We’re hoping we can create a generation of phenomenal Expert Authors. After seven days at our boot camp, these kids will not only BE phenomenal Expert Authors, they’ll also be able to serve as unpaid ghost writers for their parents or guardians. It’s a win-win for everybody!”
Watch for upcoming blog posts to learn how you can enroll your child in the Camp EzineArticles experience.
Okay, here’s the truth … April Fool!
This blog post was nothing more than an April Fool’s Day prank. There is no Camp EzineArticles and there probably never will be. Maybe you got the joke, maybe you didn’t, but we did leave well over a dozen tell-tale signs that something was amiss. Reread the post with a higher level of scrutiny and maybe you’ll spot some of them.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our little ruse. If you’re looking for some additional April Fool’s Day fun, check out these two gags from a few years back:
NOTE: Updated April 2, 2012 at 9:00 am