Triumph Story Article Template

What does the word “triumph” mean to you?

To achieve where no one else has succeeded? To be a victorious hero? To win? To persevere?

Stories of triumph don’t need to be epic herculean feats. Real triumph stories – the stories readers can relate to or place themselves in the story – inspire us all and prove anything is possible.

Whether it’s a tale of an underdog overcoming great odds or someone dealing with a variety of obstacles to achieve success – stories of triumph are engaging and captivating.

So how do you, as an article writer, take advantage of the fact people want to hear stories of triumph? Use this article template for your next article and share a story of triumph!

Picking Your Triumph Story

Consider where in your niche you are today or in your personal life. What obstacles did you overcome or what milestones did you surpass? Dig out the details and consider what keys or steps to the story make it informative and benefit others.

Alternately, you could share someone else’s triumphs by relating them to your niche. When you get inspired by someone else’s triumph, take note of the scenario so you can write about it later. The key to writing about another’s triumphs is to make sure it’s originally presented by bringing a new angle to the story if it’s something that has already been written about.

Also, (in both scenarios) consider how the story is relevant to your niche and your reader. You can tweak the story to include other lessons, tips, and more, but remember: the goal of telling a triumph story is to send the message to your reader that anything is possible.

Writing Your Triumph Story Article

• Introduce with Your Hook – Your first 2-3 lines should instantly hook the reader and introduce the story. Keep in mind these three elements: be reader-oriented, be relevant, and give the reader a taste of what’s to come in the article.

• Tell the Story – Here’s where the pertinent details either from your memory or from the notes you recorded will come into play. Consider how stories that inspired you were told and channel that inspiration into your writing.

• Reflect – Think about what the story of triumph means for your niche. Explain your thoughts in detail.

• Final Thoughts – Share how the story ends or explain how it stands today and what the future holds. Reiterate your core message or the key take-away of your story so your reader can consider it for themselves.

Prove anything is possible! There is no triumph story too big or too small. Use this template today to share your underdog story and how you persevered!

Have you ever written an article based on triumph? Share your experiences and triumph in the comments section below.

That’s right! An article writer should face a lot of problems in order to attain success!

Comment provided February 27, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Debra De Hoff writes:

Any obstacle can be changed into any opportunity and a great story.

ismail writes:

An article writer should face a lot of problems in order to attain success!

Comment provided February 27, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Claude Nougat writes:

Triumph? An interesting idea…Thanks for mentioning it. Because “triumph”, well, it goes against the grain, doesn’t it? At least it does for me. I hate it when people brag about what they’ve gained, all their little victories. It’s just plain bragging and from where I come from (Europe) it’s considered pretty bad manners…

Yet, I see what you’re driving at. If you share a success, well you can also share how you achieved it. And that’s definitely interesting info…

Yet, I can’t get it out of my head that one can learn more easily from mistakes than from doing things right!

Comment provided February 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM

This type of template works well. I’ve sort of developed a similar style of article, which I’ve had success with, many I’ve placed in the “Inspirational Category” and I’ve always added a bit of Kryptonite to the actual overcoming of barriers, hardships, and challenges along the way, as it tells a better story.

Now then, no matter what your niche, when you describe overcoming adversity, building character, and finally achieving your goals, you give inspiration to the reader, and sometimes that’s all it takes for them to succeed too. So, think of all the great things you can do for folks by getting them in a positive place to end the day victorious without giving up?

Comment provided February 27, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Michael lowe writes:

think you might have a problem with people writing about their triumphs.
They may write about personal one`s but not business.
Its also not really the British way (relevant to me) and like the first comment talked about
nobody likes a bragger.

Comment provided February 27, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I agree with Michael Lowe, on this concept that “no one likes a braggar” mostly I believe this is due to pathetically low self-esteem in human societies. Personally, I do not have a problem with matter of factly having an author state their achievements, as it allows me to certify the information as coming from a relevant source. Those who have an earned ego, of course, well they are not braggars, only those who overstate their credentials or abilities, which bugs me too.

I’d say that folks who misrepresent their achievements, especially in informational marketing articles are downright fraudulent.

Now them, there are a some ways folks can use the “Triumph” motif in business articles, and most all entreprenuers and business owners have plenty of speed bumps along the way. Thus, it’s almost like a Problem/Solution article with the author giving a first hand account and testimonial.

I’d also say that in many regards it could be considered the British way, especially with Christians witnessing to others about how their life was changed, and the hardships they had before they converted perhaps. I bet we could brainstorm and come up with endless uses for this template in every category, even business, without trampling on the sensitivity of the Brits.

Michael lowe writes:

forgot to mention, it is a good idea and good luck.

Comment provided February 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

Great post! Great advice! There were many obstacles , when I published my first books, my place lived a civil war; culture/education/sport was not a priority. But I finally published these books …Due to this, one of my great moments was when America’s ambassador, Deniss Jett, invited me to his official residence as a “special guest”. Ambassador gave me several books on the United States of America. My father, an American-oriented person (who admired President Ronald Reagan), was proud of me.

Alejandro Guevara Onofre

Comment provided February 27, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

On the other hand, I would like to publish a story that occurred during the 1996 Summer Games in Atlanta(Georgia): Despite huge obstacles to their participation, the warn-torn country of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (D.R.C) – the world’s poorest place since the late 1990s and one of the “forgotten countries” in sub-Saharan Africa— made “Olympian history” when its national team qualified for Women’s Olympic Tournament in Atlanta. In addition to being an athletic achieved – the most important in the country’s Olympic history— It was special for a country where women are considered “second-class citizens” and with the highest rate of sexual violence against girls.
I am impressed with this beauty story.

Alejandro Guevara Onofre

Comment provided February 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Rwanda safaris writes:

I think that’s a great post, and an inspiration experience and worth telling out so that the rest of us don’t give up on what we are fighting for; which is to become good writers and take pride in our selves.

Comment provided February 27, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Samuel Bani Dauda writes:

Personally, I have bundles of triumph story to tell. life has been full of ups and down to me. What has actually been helping me to triumph in all life situations is determination to succeed and to overcome obstacles. Reading inspirational and motivational books from many authors has been a great help to desire to overcome some of these obstacles. I must also confess that my belief and faith in the ability of God Almighty has been my consolation and the secret behind my triumph, because I believe that with God all things are possible. I have never written any article on this but I hope to do so shortly.

Comment provided February 29, 2012 at 4:11 AM

Hervy writes:

I think it is important to realize that they didn’t intend for you to write the article in this fashion for the purpose of bragging about yourself.

That is just the theme of the article. (template.)

It also doubles as a tool.

The intention that I got was to use this tool for gaining the and holding the interest of the reader at a level in which he/she is so bought in to that he/she is inspired and empowered to also overcome whatever challenge that is going on in his or her life.

Or perhaps it will simply remove some fear of failing which has kept him or her from attempting to follow their dreams thinking that the failure would mean an ugly termination to their journey.

All of a sudden the reader comes to a realization that many of the people whom he/she may see now in a successful way have gone through this natural cycle of complete or near failure and because they went for it and never quit, they eventually accomplished their goals.

Now, you may label this as bragging if you wish. I supposed it is as valid as my own opinion.

For me, this is totally something different than bragging which is done for the purpose of glorifying self. This is telling your story for the purpose of glorifying winning principles of life. Stay positive and never quit.

I have used this type of template with myself as the subject and many other people as the subject since I don’t really see much greatness in myself yet to give the level of contrast I want the reader to be able to visualize for motivation. Unless my personal story (issue at hand) was the most relevant to the topic and target audience.

In my mind it is similar to coaching but to the masses and in story form but with text. A written seminar for free!

My 2 cents.

(Then again, they do call me the crazy trucker!)

Comment provided February 29, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Thanks for giving me a light bulb about creating an inspirational story. I was reading the Book: Art & Science of Success today and once again I read that every success has had some failure in the past. We all will go through pain and failure in our lives. Being able to write about success and achievement is showing our ability to pick ourselves up and continue on.

Comment provided March 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Sybal Janssen writes:

If it is not overdone, a little brag seasons a conversation that is drifting into the humdrum. As an example, I dissambled and reassembled the toilet in my bathroom. For a woman in her sixties with no previous plumbing experience I felt a little triumphant about it. I was lunching with friends when they dragged out the stale conversation from last week, so I dropped a little brag about my toilet triumph into the conversation. I basked in half an hour of astonished “how-could-yous” and am regarded as a plumbing expert the select few. Of course, it is subject only worth one mention, so I can’t bring it up again without becoming a bore.

Comment provided March 22, 2012 at 1:29 PM

movers waterloo writes:

Comment provided April 30, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Randall Magwood writes:

To triumph is to overcome a hard or major obstacle. Many people in my niche have all kinds of triumphant stories about how they’ve failed but are now winning.

Comment provided December 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM