Organizing Ideas with the Scratch Pad

Gary Gets Organized with the Scratch Pad

Tired of wall-to-wall bulletin boards, miscellaneous pieces of paper, a filing cabinet stuffed with odds and ends, calendars, and more?

So was Gary. When Gary first started writing articles, he was overcome with writing obstacles and didn’t know how to bring his article writing efforts from so-so to the legendary status he has today.

How did he do it? He found one medium to keep all of his outlines, checklists, and more in one spot: a simple scratch pad.

Now you can get organized just like Gary with the new My.EzineArticles.com Scratch Pad!

Watch this video to discover how you can save time and write more quality articles using the Scratch Pad.

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

Recap of Scratch Pad Ideas and Uses

Even the smallest tool can make a large impact. Find your organizational groove using one or all of these strategies with the Scratch Pad:

• Brainstorm Article Ideas and titles.
  • Set Reminders for yourself.
  • Compile Customer Feedback.
  • Create a daily/weekly To-Do List.
  • Write down New Topics to scope out.
  • Develop a checklist for Overcoming Writing Obstacles.
  • Plan your own Editorial Calendar.
  • Enter writing Tips you want to remember.
  • Ensure Article Approval by noting problematic areas.

And the list goes on! You can be like Gary in the video and use the Scratch Pad to write down personal reminders, like a grocery list. Remember: The key to this strategy is to keep all of your information in one spot.

Clean up the clutter by logging into your My.EzineArticles.com account today and start using the Scratch Pad to help save you time and write more quality, original articles!

Special Note: Backed by our data and design team, My.EzineArticles.com serves you, the Expert Author. Please share your comments and suggestions so we can continue to make My.EzineArticles.com the ULTIMATE article writing platform tailored to your needs AND wants!

Kathy H Porter writes:

Thought this would be a good way to catch your attention. I’m writing my first e-book that I’ll be self-publishing on Amazon (a writer’s guide for people who think they can’t write) and will be listing EzineArticles dot com in the Resources section as an excellent starting point for people to check out once they’ve mastered “my stuff.”

You guys are doing a great job!

Comment provided February 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Kathy –

You’re right, that certainly caught our attention! It’s wonderful to hear that we’ll be listed as a resource in your e-book. That’s quite an honor. Thank you so much! And we’ll continue trying to do the best job we possibly can. :-)

– Marc

Les writes:

Sounds great! Especially for those with ADD.

Comment provided February 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM

it has been so great to watch the resources grow while I am as an author. this is a great tool for my toolbox!

Comment provided February 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM

What an excellent tool and just what I’ve be looking for to jot things down when I’m brainstorming article ideas and don’t want to be switching from one tab to another.

Comment provided February 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM

ishtiaq husain writes:

Your views on scatch pad very useful ; will certainly help me write better.
Ishtiaq Husain

Comment provided February 10, 2012 at 5:44 AM

Agus Siswoyo writes:

Actually, I love writing. But I prefer using free-writing better than using writing methods. Organizing ideas with scratch pad has forced me to think and feel uncomfortable. Do you have any suggestion?

Comment provided February 14, 2012 at 4:36 AM

Agus –

We all need to write in a style that suits us, and our readers, best. If that means writing in a way that simply follows your train of thought, then that may be the ideal writing style for you. However, you may want to think about your reader’s user experience. Take a look at your writing and ask yourself if it flows logically. Will the reader be able to follow your train of thought as well? If not, then you may want to rethink how you write. In order to be successful, you want to put the reader’s experience ahead of your own.

– Marc

Mark writes:

Yeah, It is a nice tool to keep things organized. I think that is the biggest problem people have. If you are not organized you will never see your objectives with clarity.

Comment provided February 23, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Great tips for using this organizer!

Comment provided April 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM

movers waterloo writes:

Comment provided April 30, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Excellent tool–I use Evernote all the time on my phone and computer, so having another ‘sticky note’ resource is perfect!

Comment provided May 1, 2012 at 9:23 AM