Want Freedom? Write with Confidence

“Marketing my business through article writing is so much more valuable when I understand the benefits! Building my brand has never been easier and it allows me more freedom to meet the needs of my customers.”

If this is not a statement that you would readily make, BUT want to, then we’ve got some tips for you!

It’s hard to believe that branding with articles will dramatically increase your credibility and where you rank in otherwise saturated niches. Not only is it possible, it’s easy compared to an exhausting and expensive marketing campaign!

Many article writers share these basic goals: Increase traffic, build exposure, enhance credibility, and be profitable.

If you stop and think about the marketing benefits of article writing, you may think you understand it all. However, you may face unresolved issues, such as branding misfires, dead links, or misguided sales tactics. These issues turn readers away and don’t give you the full benefit of the article writing system.

Before I get carried away with how to easily get rid of these unresolved issues, let’s answer a question:

What is one benefit of marketing my business with articles? A: Freedom

Consider the smartphone. Before smartphones debuted to the masses, one had to carry a planner or datebook, a laptop, wristwatch, music player, and other devices. Not only did the smartphone make it more efficient to access these tools and achieve our goals, but it gave us the freedom to dedicate our time elsewhere.

In turn, article writing is the same way. Place less emphasis on the gadgets (i.e. SEO, keywords, flash, etc.) and more on the quality of your articles. Doing so will allow you the freedom to dedicate your time elsewhere while still achieving your goals.

So how do you gain freedom? Address your unresolved issues to build confidence:

1. Tune-In to Your Target Market: Connect your credibility dots for your audience by linking to content related to the article. If you are a Landscape Architect, don’t expect to deliver worthy backyard landscaping tips to your friend’s football audience. The only landscaping tip a football audience is interested in is turf durability.

2. Rome Wasn’t Built in a Day: 10 articles in a saturated niche that repeat what authors before you have said over and over is NOT going to sell your product or service. Keep writing, be memorable, and be inviting!

3. Don’t Settle for Word Muck: Build confidence in your writing by improving your skillset. If your writing is dry or passive, improve it by using active language and providing an engaging analogy. Bottom-line: Don’t write for the sake of getting something down. Compel with confidence 100% of the time.

4. Don’t Be a Broken Record: Don’t be “THAT AUTHOR” who bores readers by saying everything and nothing at the same time. Deliver your original, quick and easy tips or techniques and you’ll be sure to retain their attention.

5. It’s not about the RACE, it’s about ENDURANCE: Let this be your mantra to freedom! Don’t think that being the first author to write a thousand articles will do the trick. While you’ll certainly be applauded for those efforts, the real challenge is in delivering quality time and time again and providing new information that answers new questions.

So before your writing efforts dry up, write with confidence by addressing unresolved issues and providing value. Build an article library that is an asset and it will work for you for years to come. Your freedom is counting on it!

Ronald Sam writes:

Thank you for that very helpful information. Everything you said is ‘right on’. I will remember it when I’m writing articles for my on blog. Keep up the great work.

Comment provided January 6, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Lucas Everett writes:

Great post, It’s easy to get disheartened when you’re not getting much traffic. If you write informative articles, they will come :-) Thanks for the reminder

Comment provided January 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM

rambabu seo writes:

thanks penny, such really very informative and helpful things written above where i must observe some more tips how we can write the things in our article. yes it’s really not a race . .!

Comment provided January 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM

John writes:

I quite agree with the fact that don’t bore your readers by saying everything and nothing at the same time. This really leaves a negative mark on any author who does this. I always try to learn and learning is my habit will surely improve my articles with the help of these tips.

Comment provided January 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Jon writes:

Basically I agree with the all 5 facts. But, fifth one strikes to my mind that it’s not about the race it’s about endurance. it’s also said “slow and steady wins the race”. Nice shared by you. The one who has patience he has the key to success. :P

Comment provided January 7, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Lucas Everett writes:

Nice read, It gives me a reminder to sit back and focus on making sure I’m writing valuable articles

Comment provided January 7, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Rick Conlow writes:

Excellent ideas and encouragement. Keep up the great work.

Comment provided January 7, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Lalitha Brahma writes:

Great advice. The following advice really motivates me to keep writing

“write with confidence by addressing unresolved issues and providing value”

Comment provided January 7, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Hugo Roger writes:

I wonder, I never received an EzineArticles premium account coupon, for either a discount or a free month. Is it possible to receive any kind of coupon? Has anyone ever received any? :/

Thank you all in advance.
Hugo

Comment provided January 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Hugo –

We do occasionally offer discounts on Premium Membership subscriptions – as a matter of fact, you just missed a great one for Cyber Monday. We also will occasionally offer other incentives to try Premium. Keep an eye on the blog for more information regarding those specials.

– Marc

atilla kosker writes:

Great advice. You have to write interesting article for your followers.

Comment provided January 8, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Carl Nell writes:

I absolutely agree with you on this. Don’t write to get things done, but write with a passion and put some emotion into your writing. Also go that extra mile to get all the newest info on the topic you are writing about.

Readers easily feel if they can connect with the person behind the article. Always keep that in mind.

Comment provided January 11, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Albert writes:

Thanks for the another bunch of useful advises. Your advises have always helped me. Hope these gonna be either. :P

Comment provided January 14, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Undivided Media writes:

Undoubtedly, remarkable ideas in you article. Thank you for sharing this because i really need freedom to write.

Comment provided January 17, 2012 at 2:26 AM