Looking Back at 2011

What an INCREDIBLE year!

2011 was all about helping you. Our focus throughout the year was to improve your Expert Author experience, give you the answers you need, and help you boost the overall quality of your articles. To accomplish this, we developed a variety of new features, services, and products that are designed to inevitably make you a better, happier and more successful author.

Diamond Level MembershipMembership Levels Pyramid

In our efforts to provide you with maximum exposure, we began digging deeper into author-intention and rewarding Expert Authors who embraced innovation and creativity. This led to the development of the new Diamond Membership level which is dedicated to the top 1% of all EzineArticles Expert Authors. To show our appreciation for this elite class of experts, we provide our Diamond members with faster response and article review times, unlimited submissions, and additional benefits to help achieve maximum exposure.

Guidelines and FAQ

To give you the answers you need, we revamped and expanded our Editorial Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions. These improvements will assist you in better understanding how to increase the quality of your articles and navigate the article writing system successfully.

My.EzineArticles.com
My.EzineArticles.com Red Carpet

In early November, we launched the new My.EzineArticles.com member interface to the entire EzineArticles Expert Author community. The purpose of this whole new look and feel is to provide you with easy access to all the tools you need to drive your article writing efforts to the next level. We’ll continue to tweak, primp, and prime My.EzineArticles.com to make it more intuitive and easier-to-use than ever before. Our goal is to completely replace Members.EzineArticles.com with My.EzineArticles.com by the end of 2012, so try it today and send in your suggestions!

Products

2011 also brought an increased focus on article writing resources to help you discover how to breathe life into your articles and increase traffic to your website or blog. The EzineArticles Formula was designed for you to explore our many secrets to success at your own pace with the Home Study course. We broke down the course into Packages and Modules to help you target challenging areas and get ahead!

EA Cards DeckWe also took a look into writing habits, how to cultivate ideas, and integrate these ideas into compelling articles. We developed the Article Writing Success Journal based on the incredible success of experienced Expert Author’s journaling habits. To take it a step further, we launched the EzineArticles’ Deck of Cards that is like any ordinary deck of cards with one exception: each card contains a unique article template to provide structure for your next set of quality articles. Similarly, we developed the interactive Article Templates on PDF to help flesh out your ideas directly within the template itself!

Upgrades and MoreTitle Suggestion Emails

In addition to all of these innovations, we made our laser-targeted Title Suggestions available right in your email inbox. We upgraded the Article Diagnostic Center to detect dead/broken links and malware links faster than ever before. We made articles available to download on PDF, added a “Did you find this article helpful?” rating to every article, and more.

Behind the Scenes

Finally, we led the charge to uphold the credibility of EzineArticles Expert Authors by endorsing quality over quantity. We expanded our Editorial Guidelines, put the squeeze on over-saturated niches, and took a stand on derivative content. Many of these changes weren’t easy, but were necessary for the long-range success of our members and article writing as a whole. In the end we knew it would be our members who would reap the benefits of increased traffic, exposure, and credibility for years to come.

Yes, 2011 was an incredible year and we can’t wait to share what’s in store for 2012! Keep checking back here on the Blog for more updates, upgrades, and news. Let’s make 2012 a year to remember.

On behalf of the EzineArticles Team, Happy 2012!

Sometimes I think us authors forget all the great things you’ve done there, it’s really great that you have summarized it all, it’s had to believe how far this site and your team have come. I am proud to me an EzineArticles author and so very happy you have re-affirmed your commitment into 2012.

Also, I think this is going to be a great year, and the Mayan Calendar makers of ancient times, merely ran out of stone to complete their calendar and the world isn’t ending at all. 2012 looks to be a great year with lots of innovation in this space.

Comment provided January 2, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Mike Hadaway writes:

You really have made some great changes. I like the tools that are available and I plan to use them during 2012. 2011 was a good year for me, but I think 2012 will be a great year now that you are leading the way with so many innovative ideas.

Comment provided January 2, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Thomas Bodetti writes:

Even more interesting things are in store for 2012 as the new guides, regulations, begin to take effect for content management, and disclosures, the entire game is about to change, even google will not be able to hold this one back, but hey you know one thing for sure, you can bet that the end game will be just as unpredictable as it was in 2011, good luck with English 101 for 2012, because your going to need it.

Comment provided January 2, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Joyce Kaaland writes:

I made Platinum level last year, which was my second year of writing articles. This status lifted my spirits in my ability to write articles that were informative on a somewhat limited field of interest. Thanks for your tools, guidance and all you do behind the scenes to help your writers.

Comment provided January 2, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Phil Grisolia writes:

It’s been interesting watching EzineArticles finally assume its rightful place as a leading source – soon to be THE leading source – for distributing the work of its authors. For years it seemed to me the organization was a great group of well-meaning, talented people doing “their thing” and doing it well, but seldom with any flair. It seems that overnight – well, since November – the organization has become both image conscious and done something about improving its image. Congratulations on a job well done.

Comment provided January 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Darlene Norris writes:

Well, I don’t know when you introduced the wordpress plug-in for submitting articles, but that’s gotta be the best thing since sliced bread! I absolutely LOVE it! It makes it SO easy to submit articles! Thanks!

Comment provided January 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

It has indeed been a wonderful year!

The# HAHD challenge inspired me to write each day and has culminated in a book soon to be published as an ebook!

I’ve learned so much about writing and I do so appreciate EzineArticles!

Many thanks and Happy New Year to all!

Comment provided January 2, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Opal Marrs writes:

I am amazed at how much I have learned from your articles and your helpful support. Although I have been writing since I was a teenager, I never thought about marketing it until now. Marketing is not my forte, but even there, I have been networking with an internet marketing man, a member of my church, to see what he can teach me about marketing One is never too old or too young to learn. Seven of the 10 articles I have submitted have been published and I can see the difference between the first ones and the ones I have done lately. I am still new at writing in a customized way the kind of articles which will sell eventually. And the best thing is that I absolutely enjoy what I am doing. Thanks.

Comment provided January 2, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Derek writes:

I appreciate the partnership that you and your writers have formed and strengthened over the last year. Although many writers may have felt like a tree being pruned, the roots were made stronger through the change. My hope is that 2012 is a successful year for all the writers who hold the ethical values and high standards that the EzineArticles Team exhibits and requires.

Comment provided January 2, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

South Africa’s pioneer heart surgeon Christiaan Barnard once said: “You learn from mistakes, but success gives you the courage to go on and do even more”. Winning the Platinium status was one of the biggest days in my career as writer. This was as winning an Olympic medal at London 2012, improving my level and my special passion for reading/writing in English—I feel like a fish in water.
Alejandro Guevara Onofre

Comment provided January 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

John writes:

Nice share by you. Mine favourite and most used product is Title Suggestion and i use it very often and i always helped by this tool in need. :P
Thanks

Comment provided January 2, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Karen writes:

I’ve improved a lot since the first article I sent in to EzineArticles. I have learnt a lot from the tips and guidance given. EzineArticles truly takes care of all its authors. Thanks and a great 2012 to everyone.

Comment provided January 2, 2012 at 8:32 PM

zahra writes:

It was a great year 2011 as you have provided us a wide range of knowledge in terms of how to write good articles. Thanks to all of you.

Comment provided January 2, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Ivan Kukard writes:

There is no other article submission site as good as EzineArticles. I am proud to have my articles here and also honoured to have been made a platinum member. I look forward this year to achieving Diamond status

Comment provided January 2, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Tom Chapman writes:

I started contributing articles in 2011 and over the course of the year I took more and more comments from the EzineArticles blogging team on board, worked on upping the content of my articles and was proud to work up to Platinum level. I have set myself some targets for 2012 which makes for a nice challenge – wish everyone all the best for 2012!

Comment provided January 3, 2012 at 4:04 AM

kevin writes:

I like the tools that are available. Nice share by you. 2012 looks to be a great year with lots of innovation in this space.

Comment provided January 4, 2012 at 5:59 AM

uganda safaris writes:

Am proud to be a member of EzineArticles. i joined this community in 2011 as a very poor author. little by little and writing tips from this blog am getting better. I think aim getting the encouragement i needed.

Comment provided January 6, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Jon writes:

There were really some good updates in 2011 which helped the user most, specially i got a lot of help due to those updates. Happy New Year and looking forward to some exciting updates this year too.
Thanks.

Comment provided January 6, 2012 at 11:17 PM

paban writes:

I too, have learnt a lot from the tips and guidance given. Thanks for all those tools you have included. Hoping a good future!

Comment provided January 24, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Jose Bulao writes:

Yes, it was indeed a most wonderful year for us authors. Thank you for making that possible. There seems to be no end for you creating all kinds of benefits for us.

Comment provided January 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM