Optimize Your My.EzineArticles.com Profile

Help Your Readers Get to Know You!

My.EzineArticles.com amplifies your message: who you are, what you represent, and how you stand out from other authors.

That’s where your Profile comes in. Your Profile is the #1 spot to talk about you, your company, your website or blog, and more. You are not required to fill in every blank; however, the more information you provide, the more you increase the odds of readers finding you, your website or blog, and your product or services.

A Complete Profile Will…

• Increase your trust-factor by providing readers with more information about you and your credibility.
  • Send MORE traffic back to your website or blog (up to 9 unique links)!
  • Build your brand! Remember, each of your articles leads back to your Profile.
  • Expand your networking capabilities and social media presence.
  • Leverage your expertise with the My.EzineArticles.com Recommendations.

Making a Profile Is EASY With My.EzineArticles.com

Adding, editing, and reviewing your Profile information is much easier with the new streamlined Profile on My.EzineArticles.com.

If you have already entered information on the old Members.EzineArticles.com interface, the information will be transferred to the new interface automatically, (for information on editing your Profile/Bio using Members.EzineArticles.com, visit this post.)

First, log into your My.EzineArticles.com account.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to authorize your social networking sites in the Networking tab by selecting the corresponding social networking icon (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google+).

Next, select the Profile tab and ensure you have uploaded your Author Photo (learn how).

Optimize Traffic-Driving Resources

1. Write your Biography (in 400 words or less) to help readers get to know you.

2. Enter your Business Name.

3. Bring on the Profile links! Enter:

• Up to 3 Business URLS
  • Personal URL
  • Blog URL
  • Facebook Fan Page URL
  • Up to 3 ISBNs or find a book or product on Amazon.com using our handy search feature.

4. Enter Keywords about you and your niche to help readers zero-in.

Now go to your My.EzineArticles.com Profile and fill in as much as you can to get the maximum return on your investment of article-writing time and effort by optimizing your Expert Author Profile! Then, mark your calendar and come back to your Profile in a few months to make sure the information still applies or if you need to add/edit any links. This process takes a minimal amount of work and it will help maximize the traffic you receive.

Jeff Herring writes:

Penny – you guys so rock! Thanks as always for the resources for more traffic…

~ Jeff

Comment provided December 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Wolfgang writes:

Thanks for pointing this out to me, I think that sometimes we get too busy doing other things, that we forget to do some of the more important things like updating your profile.

Comment provided December 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Wayne Hartzell writes:

Again EzineArticles experts-

Thanks for the info, we all need all the help we can get in getting traffic; making sure our individual profiles are optimized for maximum exposure is a win win.

Best-

Wayne

Comment provided December 7, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Joana Crawford writes:

It worths the time optimizing the profile page. The more information we show, the more the visitors trust us and recognize our brand mark.

Comment provided December 7, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Matthew Little writes:

I am working on it. Because have to get my blog up and running too.

Comment provided December 7, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Hi Penny, just wanted to know how to prevent sharing repetitive info on the my.EzineArticles.com profile, since much of the content allowed via links on this interface has already been covered on the regular author bio page?

Comment provided December 8, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Deepanjolie –

I’ll jump in for Penny on this question. You’ll be happy to hear that the bio on the Members.EzineArticles interface is the same as the profile on My.EzineArticles – it’s just different terminology. In addition, the information you have in your bio on Members.EzineArticles will automatically transfer over to your My.EzineArticles profile and vice versa.

– Marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for clearing the confusion :-)

Albert writes:

Yeah, i am agree with the fact that well optimized profile increase trust and attract more traffic. Thanks for the info Penny.

Comment provided December 8, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Avi Dey writes:

optimizing profile is a continuing task and not a one time topic. This article is helpful . As a new person, I would welcome anyone making specific change to improve their profile. I just linked twitter id and Google + as something new. Anyone else ?

My Twitter ID: waldenthreenet

Google + ID; Avi

Comment provided December 9, 2011 at 6:35 AM

Bujang Dumai writes:

Thanks for your information, i from Indonesia so my speak english not good..

i like your articles ….

Comment provided December 13, 2011 at 1:44 AM

Argie Monroy writes:

Wow! It’s getting good as it gets. The more links, the merrier. MyEzineArticles, here I come ^^

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 11:25 PM

patricia gaines writes:

Awesome.. I’m learning more from Ezne about writing, marketing and branding than I learned anywhere in school or life experiences. You are just great.

Comment provided October 12, 2012 at 7:02 AM