Build Exposure with Your Author Photo
Getting quality content out there is not always enough. To cultivate a loyal readership or to reach out to new readers, it is important to employ simple marketing methods to bring your articles up to the surface and stand out against the thousands of other authors in your niche.
Branding is an incredible marketing technique for your articles. It builds trust with your readers and promotes you as an authority in your niche. Conveyed visually or through written messages, branding is something tangible readers can relate to and recognize.
One of the easiest methods of branding is the visual message. For the writing community, an author’s visual message is their author photo. Readers trust someone they can visualize behind the writing and your author photo creates a visual connection.
By uploading your Author Photo on My.EzineArticles.com:
- Your author photo will be included in each of your live articles and you can begin to gain exposure for your brand.
- You will enhance your EzineArticles.com Expert Author Biography page and build trust with readers and publishers.
- You will lend credibility to your My.EzineArticles.com Discussions with other Expert Authors.
- You will be recommended to other Expert Authors on the My.EzineArticles.com Recommendations page.
- You will earn the Photogenic Author Profile Award on My.EzineArticles.com.
- You will meet the Author Photo requirement for the elite Diamond Level membership application.
Upload Your Author Photo with My.EzineArticles.com
To upload your author photo:
- Log into your My.EzineArticles.com account.
- Select the Profile tab, and then select Edit Image.
- Select Upload New Image and select the image you would like to use from your computer.
- Expand the crop area and rotate the photo if necessary using the arrows underneath the image.
- Once you are satisfied with your Profile Photo, select Save.
You can add additional photos to your Expert Author Biography page by selecting Professional Photos from the left-navigation menu. Select Upload a Photo to get started and follow the same process as you did for uploading your Profile Photo. You can add a caption to your Professional Photos by typing in the provided Title field.
Before you upload a photo, ensure it meets the following guidelines:
- The photo must be actual photo of you or have you in the photo.
- Renderings, drawings, or non-photo images are acceptable if they are of you.
- The photo must be .jpg or .jpeg file.
- The photo’s file size must be Less than 100k.
Please note, we will not accept company and/or personal logos, symbols, crests, avatar images, violent, sexually-explicit or offensive material, or copyrighted images author photos.
Make sure your Author Photo is uploaded and is conveying the right message by logging into your My.EzineArticles.com Profile page here. If you already have a photo uploaded, you may want to reassess whether the photo is true to your brand and the message you would like to convey: trust, credibility, confidence, and you. If it isn’t, you may want to find a photo of yourself or take a new photo that exudes confidence and authority in your niche and upload it today!