Branding With Your Author Photo on My.EzineArticles.com

Build Exposure with Your Author Photo

Getting quality content out there is not always enough. To cultivate a loyal readership or to reach out to new readers, it is important to employ simple marketing methods to bring your articles up to the surface and stand out against the thousands of other authors in your niche.

Branding is an incredible marketing technique for your articles. It builds trust with your readers and promotes you as an authority in your niche. Conveyed visually or through written messages, branding is something tangible readers can relate to and recognize.

One of the easiest methods of branding is the visual message. For the writing community, an author’s visual message is their author photo. Readers trust someone they can visualize behind the writing and your author photo creates a visual connection.

By uploading your Author Photo on My.EzineArticles.com:

• Your author photo will be included in each of your live articles and you can begin to gain exposure for your brand.
  • You will enhance your EzineArticles.com Expert Author Biography page and build trust with readers and publishers.
  • You will lend credibility to your My.EzineArticles.com Discussions with other Expert Authors.
  • You will be recommended to other Expert Authors on the My.EzineArticles.com Recommendations page.
  • You will earn the Photogenic Author Profile Award on My.EzineArticles.com.
  • You will meet the Author Photo requirement for the elite Diamond Level membership application.

Upload Your Author Photo with My.EzineArticles.com

To upload your author photo:

1. Log into your My.EzineArticles.com account.
  2. Select the Profile tab, and then select Edit Image.
  3. Select Upload New Image and select the image you would like to use from your computer.
  4. Expand the crop area and rotate the photo if necessary using the arrows underneath the image.
  5. Once you are satisfied with your Profile Photo, select Save.

You can add additional photos to your Expert Author Biography page by selecting Professional Photos from the left-navigation menu. Select Upload a Photo to get started and follow the same process as you did for uploading your Profile Photo. You can add a caption to your Professional Photos by typing in the provided Title field.

Before you upload a photo, ensure it meets the following guidelines:

• The photo must be actual photo of you or have you in the photo.
  • Renderings, drawings, or non-photo images are acceptable if they are of you.
  • The photo must be .jpg or .jpeg file.
  • The photo’s file size must be Less than 100k.

Please note, we will not accept company and/or personal logos, symbols, crests, avatar images, violent, sexually-explicit or offensive material, or copyrighted images author photos.

Make sure your Author Photo is uploaded and is conveying the right message by logging into your My.EzineArticles.com Profile page here. If you already have a photo uploaded, you may want to reassess whether the photo is true to your brand and the message you would like to convey: trust, credibility, confidence, and you. If it isn’t, you may want to find a photo of yourself or take a new photo that exudes confidence and authority in your niche and upload it today!

Wolfgang writes:

I agree a photo (even if your not very good looking) adds credibility, and people can see the the person that wrote the article is real, and if they like the article, they will look out for new ones from you.

Comment provided November 30, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Paul Chew writes:

Hey, this is a great post, thank you so much for sharing. I’m looking forward to coming back to your site for more great information. Keep up the good work! : )

Comment provided November 30, 2011 at 10:26 AM

John writes:

Actually, I was always wondering whether putting real profile pic would help me or not. However, you have made it clear for me..thanks.

Comment provided November 30, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Zoltan writes:

I can confirm that I definitely found an increased click through rate to my author profile when I recently added a photo. For the small effort of doing it is definitely worth the trouble!

Comment provided November 30, 2011 at 11:19 AM

A photo makes all the difference- providing the wretched thing will consent to being downloaded!

Readers get a sense of the author, rather than just his/her content.

Comment provided November 30, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Zeljko Vasic writes:

Interesting, this photo thing. Does that mean that when someone uses your article for his website, they get your photo along with the article or is that just in EzineArticles when people search for materials-articles they need for their use?

Comment provided December 1, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Zeljko –

Your author photo is not included as part of the article versions designed for use by ezine publishers. However, a link back to your Expert Author bio is included with the article, so a reader can simply click on that link in order to see your picture.

– Marc

Thanks for the advice, Chris. Articles that I read with a picture do tend to make me feel a little more comfortable with the writer and add a level of familiarity that I wouldn’t have without the pic.

Comment provided December 2, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Jon writes:

I have tried this stuff. Sticking photo along with profile really helps.

Comment provided December 2, 2011 at 8:49 PM

zubair writes:

off course i am satisfied with your opinion. if you want ot be famous in this world trough article writing than dear friend you have to show your identity.

Comment provided January 26, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I agree with Wolfgang that a photo adds credibility to us, as long as it isn’t stolen and reproduced.

Comment provided March 21, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Jim writes:

Interesting, didn’t realize that I could use drawings or renderings. I like to brand myself using cartoons as they’re more colorful and stand out a bit more, thanks!

Comment provided March 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Craig Pullman writes:

Photos do add credibility. I think it helps the reader identify with the author if the author can be seen. With that said I’m now going to add a picture of myself to my EzineArticles account!

Comment provided March 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM

GReat information and so helpful. I’m excited about getting started writing for EzineArticles. Just change the genre of my website and putting new pictures on etc.
Marlene