Write a News Analysis to Bring New Life to Your Articles
Position yourself as a unique, leading source by sharing your analysis of a currently relevant news event. Not only will you make your topic more interesting instantly, writing news analysis articles will provide you with a continuous pool of article ideas.
The greatest hurdle you must overcome when writing about a news event is the topic may be relevant now, but it may lose relevancy over time.
Your goal with a news analysis article is to write it in a way that makes the topic relevant now and in the future. One way to do that is to focus some of your attention on the future. Another way is to cover a past event in a comprehensive way.
Let’s Get Started:
- Choose a News Event – When you hear of a news event related to your niche, take note of it. Consider reviewing trade magazines related to your niche regularly so you are always up to date.
- Lay Out the Story – Set the scene of the news event. Make this part of the article rather brief because the bulk of the article should be your exclusive analysis.
- Give Your Analysis – Give your analysis of the event and explain how it impacts your niche. Does it change the conventional wisdom on the topic? Or does it reaffirm it?
- Give a Prediction – Provide a projection examining what you think the future holds for the people involved.
- Summarize the Analysis – Recap the event and what it means for your niche.
Now, let’s set you up with some keys to success when writing your news analysis:
- Relevance – Make sure the news topic is relevant to your niche.
- Evergreen – Maintain value with evergreen content that will be applicable to future readers.
- Unbiased – Don’t let your bias bleed through your content and lower your credibility! Leave out negativity, tacky post-mortem commentary, grandstanding, mud-slinging, etc.
- Truth – Be factual. Current events are under the audience’s microscope; provide the truth and stay away from hearsay.
- Informative – Consider of the 5 W’s and H (Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How) to stay balanced in your story, analysis, and prediction.
- Exclusive – Become your reader’s exclusive source by providing 100% unique content.
- Value – Ensure the value of your content is on your analysis and expertise, not the hook.
Use these keys to make your news analysis unique, informative and relevant. Try incorporating a news analysis regularly into your article lineup to keep you tuned into the trends of your niche and provide fresh insight to your readers.
For your next article, be the source audiences are searching for with the News Analysis article template and give your articles, your credibility, and your website or blog a boost! Then, come back here and let us know how it worked for you!