Late Night Article Writing: 2nd Edition

The Top Ten Reasons To Write Effective Article Titles

Once again, the newest sensation to hit late night entertainment – Late Night Article Writing – with your host, Lenny Wordsmith!

Watch tonight’s episode to see The Top Ten Reasons To Write Effective Article Titles!

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

Here’s Our Top Ten List – The Top Ten Reasons To Write Effective Article Titles:

#10. Titles that are keyword-rich and relevant to your potential audience are the ones that are going to draw-in the most readers.

#9. Despite what Charlie Sheen says, “Winning!” is not a benefit oriented article title.

#8. Include benefits in the article title so your readers immediately know why they should read your article.

#7. Use the long-tail concept to position your article titles so they can find traffic across the entire keyword distribution curve.

#6. An effective title should be as attention-getting as Brad Pitt walking across this stage.

#5. The title is the window to the content. If your reader likes what they see, they’ll stop by, if they don’t, they’ll continue on their way.

#4. Avoid using special characters in the article title because it can look like a #@$%& swear word and it confuses search engines.

#3. Don’t write the article title; let EzineArticles do it for you by using the “Title Suggestion Tool.”

#2. The keywords in your article title should be words and phrases that both match the content in your article and include terms that people are actually searching for in search engines.

… And, the #1 reason to write effective article titles: Your article title can determine as much as 95% of the overall success of the article.

And that is your Top Ten Reasons to Write Effective Article Titles! Remember to write effective article titles when submitting your next set of quality articles to EzineArticles.com. It will help increase reader attention and drive more traffic back to your website or blog.

So what are you waiting for?! Go now and write titles that will grab a reader’s attention faster than they can say: “Winning, duh!” We’ll be back here on the Blog with more tips for you, so come back soon!

Karen writes:

I agree wholeheartedly that article titles are important for the overall success of the article. Only an interesting title can grab the attention of the reader from among a long list of other titles and compel him/her to click on it.

Comment provided October 14, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Not only are you providing valuable tips, in a very short period of time at one sitting, but your videos are fun and engaging.

You are teaching me so much about what is truly effective. I am so busy lately – writing, seeing clients, commenting on blogs, learning, in mastermind groups and mentoring programs.
I don’t have time for long articles that I have to study to learn something new.

Thank you so much.

Dr. Erica

Comment provided October 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Dr. Goodstone –

It’s our pleasure to serve our members. Thank YOU for your kind words of praise. :-)

– Marc

Leon Makojed writes:

Well done Lenny, you certainly held my attention.

I tend to be a bit ad hoc and use intuition in forming my article titles at times.

This check list will make me stop and think before hitting the keyboard.

Nice to see some good humor used in getting the message across.

Comment provided October 14, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Good information and good presentation. Now if only David Letterman was less annoying…

Comment provided October 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Bonnie Moss writes:

I do believe that the title says it all. I have changed titles a few times to make sure the title grabs the attention of the reader- bearing in mind that I only have a few precious seconds to connect with the reader.

Thank you for all the important pointers.

Comment provided October 14, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Sheila writes:

That was hilarious, full of great info and made my day!

Comment provided October 15, 2011 at 12:49 AM

David Baird writes:

Made your point! I’m rethinking my titles!

Comment provided October 15, 2011 at 10:53 AM

ifeanyi writes:

I agree. My articles started to get more readers the moment I began to give them attention grabbing titles.

Comment provided October 15, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Gillian writes:

Thanks for this information, we need to keep focused and not get of the track.

Comment provided October 16, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Gillian writes:

Sometimes we are so focused on the content, and get carried away with the article without giving enough time to get the title. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment provided October 16, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Mark Demers writes:

A great title will help attract visitors is the best thing you can possibly say. Thanks for all the tips – they always help. I think that if you add words like benefits and/or drawbacks in the title it would be a great way of making people wonder what you have to say that they don`t already know- thereby peaking their curiosity and making them click on your article.
Be sure your content reflects your title or your visitors will fade away and follow other authors over time.

Comment provided October 17, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Robert Bridge writes:

Hey Marc, Lenny Wordsmith late night video is great its just like watching late night TV.

Are those applauds from a real audience?

Again thanks for the tips they are really great. Could we as writers here on EzineArticles perhaps in the future have the option of creating syndicatable video’s as well as write articles here please too.

Comment provided October 18, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Robert –

Thanks for the kudos on the video – I’ll pass it on to “Lenny.”

The applause is indeed from a real audience … they just don’t happen to be in our studio during recording. ;-) The sound effects were added later during the editing process.

I like the idea of syndicated videos – but then again, I’m partial to videos in general. Right now we have no plans of doing anything beyond articles, but who knows, that could change as video becomes more and more a part of the online experience.

– Marc

Jim Oldfield writes:

Thanks for an attention-holding and entertaining lesson.

I agree that using the ‘Title Suggestions’ is a great way of using effective titles. I know I can always find titles that are in-demand and effective at bringing readers to my writing.

Comment provided October 20, 2011 at 6:35 AM

Beyonce writes:

If you want to get read, this is how you sholud write.

Comment provided October 24, 2011 at 9:29 AM