Want to get your article writing organized, but don’t know where to begin?
Your article writing environment can help or hamper your productivity. A cramped and cluttered article writing space leaves little room for idea growth and adds to procrastination. A public space may be distracting and a bare space can be uninspiring!
Toss out the stress of writer’s block and distraction by making your workspace fun and engaging with these great workspace tips!
Necessities for Your Drawer
- Writing Tablets – …or anything to quickly jot down your ideas! Compile ideas in a journal, brainstorm by drawing a mind-map or creating lists, and use color-coded sticky notes for title ideas! This will help pull you away and think “off-the-page” to get your ideas organized.
- Healthy Snacks – Nothing is more distracting than hunger. Keep a healthy snack stashed away to keep your energy up so you don’t wander from your article writing in search of food.
Pinned to Your Bulletin Board
- Calendar – Plan ahead by jotting down ideas on a calendar. Scheduling helps you visualize and track a plan that may be based on themes, seasonal trends and more.
- Inspiration – Everyone needs a little element of inspiration to realign their focus. This could include pictures of family, an inspirational quote, or a list of your goals to inspire article ideas!
Books for Your Shelf
- Dictionary and Thesaurus – Whether you stumble across a word you are not quite familiar with or are looking to spice up the language of your article, a dictionary and a thesaurus are excellent reference tools.
- English Grammar Guide – Can’t remember the proper usage of a comma? A grammar guide can answer all of your grammar questions and help you convey your expertise to readers.
It is important to note that any of the mediums above may be supplemented; a digital counterpart could be used, such as software, apps, etc. or something as simple as the type of folder you use. The key is to experiment and find the tools that work for you!
Getting organized and creating an environment that works for you will increase your productivity, helping you manage your time, plan ahead and foster new ideas!
Do you have a great tip to increase productivity or have any of the above tips worked for you? Share your comments below!