Article Content vs. Real Life – Exceptional Work

Exceptional Work Gets Noticed

This is one of many life lessons that are taught to us from a young age. We spend our school age years exploring new and exciting areas of interest. Then, we find a subject or activity we enjoy, like math, science or art; and we devote hours and hours to learning all we can about it and practicing it.

The passion and practice perpetually feed off of each other. Eventually, it leads to an exceptional amount of focus, which can pay off in any number of ways, like good grades in school or goals in a soccer match.

Really, article writing isn’t much different. Except that instead of an “A” on your report card, the payoff of exceptional article writing is increased traffic back to your website, more exposure for your articles and enhanced credibility for you.

In this, the 5th episode of the Article Content vs. Real Life series, we bring you back to the roots of your education to help you see what happens when exceptional work is discovered.

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

As the video puts it, “Exceptional work forces people to take notice.”

Are all of your articles exceptional? You, alone, have control over the articles you submit to EzineArticles.com. Be proud of the work you’ve done and feel confident to stand behind it.

The exceptional work rises to the top and gets noticed.

Please share this video with others and leave a comment about how you make your writing exceptional every day. Also, check out the other episodes on the Article Content vs. Real Life videos in our Video Archive.

A very good example quoted. I liked it

Comment provided June 17, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Truman Anderson writes:

A very good analogy…and gives me much to think about when writing an article. I need to write as though one or all of my English teachers were reading and grading them…and my livelihood depended on getting that A++! Thank you for this insight…
Positively Truman

Comment provided June 17, 2011 at 7:17 PM

So true! However, what most people don’t see is all the practise which went into creating this final result. Yes, it takes talent, but it also takes self-discipline and the willingness to take advice, the ability to stick at it and the determination to keep going.

Comment provided June 17, 2011 at 10:47 PM

This video reminded me about the (almost) lost art of being proud of a job well done. Excellence is a matter of character. It’s a philosophy of life. The reward of recognition comes as a secondary motivation. The most important reward is internal. Striving for excellence, first and foremost, brings great satisfaction.

Comment provided June 18, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Glenn writes:

I think Abbey cheated and copied that artwork from somewhere else. It was too good to be true!

Comment provided June 18, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Marc, that is so true – exceptional work does get to the top!

Having been a special educator for 10 yrs prior to specializing as a full time freelance journalist, I know from personal experience how creatively fulfilling it is to deliver quality work and get acknowledged by industry experts… kudos to the EzineArticles video creators & communications team!

Here’s my secret to exceptional ezine article writing and submission: rise early, write daily based on writing prompts or monthly article performance reports for target keywords you want better traffic for, targeting the long tail – and use the writer tools avlb with EzineArticles :-)

Comment provided June 18, 2011 at 5:16 AM

Sherry Belmonte writes:

I appreciate your comment about rising early, having that set schedule and being fresh. I too often wait until the last part of the day after all of the ‘to-do’ list has been completed and am often not very successful in even coming up with a topic.

Hey Sherry, the title tool & the monthly article performance reports from EzineArticles helped me identify hot keywords/topic ideas for new articles. Try them out sometime! Good luck :-)

Anti Hair Loss writes:

I love this article. It is so true that the higher quality the work that you do the more that will take notice. Whether that has to do with school projects, work, or marketing. No matter what it is if you want people to take notice you have to make exceptional work. Love it.

Comment provided June 20, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Karen writes:

I do agree that exceptional work gets noticed. They need hard work, dedication and patience. Of course being talented makes it much easier.

Comment provided June 20, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Bellaisa writes:

Yep. If you are going to do something then do it well or don’t do it at all. I try to live by that rule – but I have not received an A++ yet…I’m expecting it soon though!

Comment provided June 21, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I always strive to give my best to everything I do. That’s why sometimes it takes me a couple of hours to complete one blog post.

I take my time and make it just write so that my readers can be entertained and enjoy a tip on their topic.

Comment provided June 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM

One starts writing articles making mistakes here and there but with time he/she realizes the mistakes. Starts correcting the mistakes and eventually does excellent articles.

It’s all about practice; practice makes something to be excellent. EzineArticles team help people to improve their skills of writing articles, actually it made me correct my early mistakes.

Comment provided June 29, 2011 at 1:30 AM