How do you address complex concepts that require industry-specific language in your articles?
… write under the assumption that your target audience knows the meaning of all the niche jargon you’re using?
… try to avoid complex ideas and, instead, target the general reader with little industry knowledge?
… give brief definitions to explain words or concepts that may be new to some, but not all?
There’s no “right” answer to this question all the time. Each article should be crafted toward the people you want to reach with that specific message (a.k.a. your primary target audience).
Let’s face it, because there are people out there with every range of knowledge you can imagine, it’s not easy to please everybody and make them feel like you’re speaking directly to them. But, if you have an appropriate mix of beginner, intermediate and advanced articles, you will be able to reach a wide range of people through your entire article inventory.
Today, we have the perfect article template for you to share complex concepts with a more general audience – The Niche Jargon Article Template.
With a little thought on your part, this template produces an article that’ll help bring those people up to speed on terms and expressions used in your niche. Here’s how to get started:
- Pinpoint Confusion Areas – Pick an area in your niche with a complex vocabulary. You might discover it by seeing or hearing a lot of questions from people confused by it. Or, maybe it’s a newer concept that confused you the first time you saw it so you had to look it up.
- Form the Introduction – Start by writing down why the niche has specific jargon. Think about how technical the niche is. Are there words that are only used in this niche and nowhere else? Or, are there words that have multiple meanings in different contexts that you think should be disambiguated? This can become the introduction of your article.
- Lay Out the Terms – List out the terms and what they mean in your own words. It’s really important that you use your own words. If they wanted the straight dictionary definition, they could have looked it up themselves. Here’s your chance to offer your unique angle of expertise on each term or concept you introduce.
- Explain Their Importance – Next, explain why the words are important and why the reader should start incorporating them into their vocabulary.
- Wrap it Up – Finally, recap the terms you introduced and why they need to be remembered.
Article Templates: Perfect Cure for Writers’ Block
The Niche Jargon Article Template is just 1 of the 52 article templates included in our new Article Template Playing Cards package, which is on sale now. This deck of cards is the perfect cure for the common case of writers’ block.
When you’re having trouble coming up with your next great article idea, just take out the deck of cards and give it a quick shuffle face-down. Then, pick a card (any card), and use that template to trigger your next high-quality, original article.
You can order your deck of article template playing cards here:
Note: The EzineArticles Article Template Deck of Playing Cards has almost sold out its first printing. Honestly, we made a mistake and priced it too low at $20 USD. The 52 article template PDF file that is included alone is a $47 value and on top of that, we’re shipping a physical deck of a limited edition EzineArticles playing cards (A $20+ value) anywhere in the world (with free shipping). So TODAY will be the last day the cards will sell for $20 USD with free shipping and on Tuesday at 2pm CST (3pm EST or Noon PST), the price will go up to $30 USD … and then next week, the 52 article templates will sell for $47 USD with the $20 cards included as a bonus.
A Request: If you’re one of the hundreds who are buying or have bought the playing cards, snap a photo with your cellphone or camera of you playing with the cards and send it to us, we’ll be sure to give you a shout out to our 75k+ Twitter and Facebook fans. We’d like to know what you think of them or how they helped you spark some imagination to come up with new article topic writing ideas.