Secrets Article Template

What’s your secret?

Maybe you have some uncommon way of dealing with an everyday problem, or you’ve developed a faster or cheaper way of doing something. Either way, you know something most other people don’t know. In fact, as an expert in your niche, you probably have quite a few secrets, but you may not think of them like that.

Strangely, in the case of article writing, the “secrets” you share are the ones that define you the most.

Your secrets are the unique concepts and facts that you have about your niche. You share some of your best secrets every once in a while in articles. Of course, you save some of those secrets to be shared elsewhere, but article writing is a great avenue to share your expertise.

This article template is a great way to share those secrets in a succinct, guided way.

Just follow these steps:

• Choose a Secret – Whatever you choose needs to be something that the general population doesn’t know already. It could be a startling fact or little-known process that you’re ready and willing to uncover.

• Write a Captivating Title – Don’t give away your secret in the title. Use this part of the article to build interest in the topic, but don’t over-hype the secret. If you exaggerate the secret in the title and under-deliver, readers will notice.

• Share the Secret – In the introductory paragraphs, share the secret and explain it as well as you can. If you’re outlining a secret recipe or step-by-step process, use an ordered list to organize the steps. If your secret is better told in paragraphs, take that route.

• Explain Why It’s Not Widely-Known – Up until this point, your secret has been just that – a secret. Think about why it’s such a special piece of information or why it hasn’t become common knowledge and share your thoughts.

• Tell Why You’re Sharing It – Whether you’re just in the mood to help people out or you want to announce a better/faster/cheaper solution to everyday problems, explain to your readers why you’ve decided to share the secret.

• Recap the Secret – Now that the secret is out, recap what it is, what it means and why you’re sharing it in the conclusion of the article. Highlight the main points and summarize to conclude the article.

This secret-sharing article template is a great way to connect with your readers on a new, more personal level. Feel free to play with less formal writing when working with this template. Some authors pretend that they’re actually “whispering” the secret in their writing. That can be a different way of showing your lighter side as a writer.

Use this article template today to boost your credibility and reputation as an author with one-of-a-kind secrets about your niche.

Have you ever written an article based on one of your secrets? Leave a comment to share your experiences.

Rangita Shah writes:

This is a great tip. Thank you. I am newbie here but extremely keen to learn and develop my skills further in this area.

Comment provided May 30, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Joyce Jagger writes:

Thank you for that template. It is always so much easier to when you have a template in front of you. I always enjoy your blog. You always have such great information!

Comment provided May 30, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Tony Fleming writes:

My Secret is not really a secret but rather an approach and journalistic technique/routine I’ve utilized as an investigative reporter and now blogger/publisher.

Find a compelling story or lead that captures your interest and imagination.

Do “second level” research to find new angles then prepare a list of questions that shed new light on the topic.

Contact recognized subject matter experts and let them know that you are interested in different viewpoints and leads on your target topics. Ask your questions and document their answers.

Do additional extensive and focused “third level” research on your experts feedback and see if there are any hidden angles or sacred cows that are usually left unspoken.

Use your best creative authoring skills and talents to craft a daisy of an article with angles that appeal to news and information sites that post stories from freelance writers. (include links back to site or blog)

Follow the steps listed in the “Secrets Article Template” post!

Comment provided May 30, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Yes I do reveal secrets or rather my own experiences in articles. I do not claim that these are my own privileged knowledge and no one else know. But I do think general public commit mistakes and I want to caution them. For example my article http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Buy-Real-Estate&id=4642280 covers my own experience in acquisition of property. Thank you for giving the guidance.

Comment provided May 30, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Richard Stadnyk writes:

Fantastic article, it has helped me out quite abit!
I keep this on my desk top so when I do my posts with personal training programs. , it is right there and I can bring it up fast.
I have emailed it to a couple of personal trainers that work with me to assist them when they are doing articles and posts as well. Thank you for the support!

Comment provided May 30, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I have often used the secrets I have learned in cruising as editor of smallshipcruises.com. Here are several secret-tips type articles:

SHIPS ARE THE NEW HOTELS … IS A SHIP CHARTER RIGHT FOR YOUR GROUP?
HOW TO SAVE MONEY WHEN YOU BOOK A CRUISE
YOU CAN FORM A GROUP TO TRAVEL AND EVEN MAKE MONEY!
CRUISING ON A SMALL SHIP IS DIFFERENT
A SINGLES GUIDE TO CRUISING
WAYS TO PREVENT BEING SEASICK AND OTHER TRAVEL MEDICAL TIPS

Comment provided May 30, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Miguel writes:

Thanks for this great template. Easy and actionable!

Comment provided May 30, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Mark Demers writes:

I have done an article for a friends website about things to do when going to garage sales to get the deals.
Thanks for the template, a bit late for that article but I`ll keep it handy for my next secrets article I write.

Have a great day>

Comment provided May 30, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Rahinur Rahaman writes:

I have written many articles in my normal ways. When I found this article template I just amazed.

Thanks Knight, this template will be very helpful for me when writing my next secret article.

Comment provided May 30, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Sonny Dinger writes:

Hi there,
Yes, my Desire is to write Great Articles,
and this is sure interesting,
I never
thought of it as a Secret, very good,
this
is encouraging, I will reread this for sure,
I surely
do enjoy writing, and want to share with as many as want to listen,
Sonny

Comment provided May 30, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Richard Farrar writes:

I look at a secret as information that other people have not heard about . To pass on information is as if to give others a heads up and to help them avoid some of life’s pit falls . Richard

Comment provided May 30, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Ivan Walsh writes:

Open with a question.

Nice easy way to draw others in.

Ivan

Comment provided May 31, 2011 at 1:48 AM

Matt writes:

Thanks for the tips. I just joined the oyjer day and have been working on an article. This will help me with my final draft.
All the best!
Matt

Comment provided May 31, 2011 at 7:03 AM

Perry Mink writes:

As always another great tip. It makes writing a lot easier with all of your great advice. I look forward to the tips each and every day. Thanks for the template.

Thanks

Comment provided May 31, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Matt writes:

I’ve only written and submitted a couple of articles to date. Clearly, I know just enough to “get myself in trouble”.

This has given me a whole new perspective on how to look at the “setting-up” an article.

Thanks for sharing.
Matt

Comment provided May 31, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Matt writes:

Great perspective.

Thanks for sharing it.

Matt

Comment provided May 31, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Elena Neill writes:

I guess there are different strategies to attract readers in reading your articles. However, I never thought of this one. Very good!

Comment provided May 31, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Steve Maitland writes:

Hey There

Thank you for your sound advice, it makes a lot of sense
Its now time to put your advice to the test

Comment provided June 1, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Bellaisa writes:

Great template! Everyone really does have a ‘secret’ or some information that they know that is not widely known but something other people would like to know.

Comment provided June 2, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Sherry Belmonte writes:

Great advice because almost everyone has their own way of doing something and they have come to that place by trial and error usually. This results in a more streamlined and simplified process.

Now to add this process to article writing too!

Comment provided June 5, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Carl writes:

My niche is a sub-niche of the music niche, and this template will be a huge help in bringing out some secrets about this niche.

Thanks for sharing this template, I can see a ton of potential for this template.

Comment provided June 7, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Kevin Rape writes:

This is a great outline. I use this outline when I write articles as well. If you’re new, this really works. Stick to it and you will see it pay off. This outline also works well with blog posts.

Comment provided June 7, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Kyle Ransom writes:

Great tip. I used this outline and got a much greater response

Comment provided June 15, 2011 at 8:02 AM

google tech writes:

It’s nearly impossible to find educated people in this particular subject, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about!
Thanks