Our Own Article Body Pyramid
You fuel your body with foods from the food pyramid, like grains, fruits and vegetables and, really, your articles are no different.
It takes a steady diet of high-quality keywords, originality and portion control, along with several other elements to build and maintain a health article body.
Unfortunately, just because most of us know the keys to a healthy lifestyle, it isn’t any easier to resist the temptation and take the easy way out by resorting to eating junk food and limited exercise. The people that are the best at maintaining a normal weight get there by genuinely changing their lifestyle.
Again, this is no different in the article writing world. In today’s video, I’m going to share the six parts of our own Article Body Pyramid to help you keep up a healthy article writing style. Plus, I’ll go a little more in depth to help you understand what each of the six parts mean.
Here are the parts to our Article Body Pyramid from the video:
- Quality, Original Content – The average web surfer is looking for unique and informative content, so give them just that. We’re talking about your “Grade A Top Choice” expertise shared through unique tips, techniques and analysis. This builds credibility. The more quality information you feed your articles, the stronger they become.
- Deliver on Your Promise – Fill your article body up with content you promised in your title. For example, if the title of your article is “5 Tips to Change a Flat Tire,” give five tips to change a flat tire in your article body. Not three tips, not four tips … five tips. Anything short of that expectation will confuse your audience and result in a poor reader experience. So, make sure your article body has a good helping of what is promised.
- Spelling and Grammar – This also includes proper punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure. There’s no faster way to lose credibility with your readers than publishing an article that’s littered with grammar and spelling mistakes. Remember, you only get one first impression, so load your article body up with proper English and cut the gristle.
- Benefit-Focused Words – Keep your article body in good shape by using benefit-focused words that are clear and precise. Make your articles easy to read and don’t assume everyone thinks like you or knows what you know. Just because you know everything in your niche, doesn’t mean your readers will understand all of the associated lingo as well. Also, try and write for a global audience. As you write, imagine someone from a different culture is reading your article. This will help you avoid verbiage that could be misleading to part of your audience.
- Portion Size – Your article body needs to be the right size. Not too big and not too small. According to the EzineArticles Editorial Guidelines, the body must be between 400 and 5,000 words. We recommend 400 to 750 words as the ideal, healthy size for your article body. Feed your article too many words and it may become full of unnecessary information. Feed it too little and it’ll be starved for content.
- Keywords – Keywords are like vitamins, they turbo charge your body. They help with search optimization and ensure your article stays on topic, but use them sparingly. For every 100 words, your keyword may be repeated only twice. Aim for only one, but if you have valuable content, you will be allowed to use two. To avoid writing articles that sound keyword dense, read your entire article aloud before submitting it. This will give you a chance to step back from the piece and observe the way the words work together. If it doesn’t sound right, make some changes.
Use these tips to help maintain the health of the article bodies in your articles now and in the future. Also, feel free to share your own article body health tips!