Traditions Article Template

Traditions are an essential part of any common culture.

Long-lasting traditions from some cultures span generations. Perhaps others are shorter lived, but either way there is value to staying connected with the past through rituals, traditions and events.

Whether you’re celebrating a holiday with traditional activities or cooking a traditional dish from your country of origin, the traditions that exist in your niche can make a great new set of articles for your account.

First, identify a tradition that’s been adopted in your article niche. Whatever tradition you choose should have some personal or cultural significance with which you can identify. That connection will ensure your familiarity with the tradition and why it’s important to you and others in your niche.

Components of the Traditions Article Template

1. Keyword-Rich Title – Choose commonly-used keywords to describe the tradition in the title. Your article will be more easily found by web surfers if you stay away from obscure references in the title. Also, consider the type of audience you hope to draw with the article. Choose keywords further down the long tail of the keyword distribution curve to appeal to an audience looking for very detailed content.

2. Introduce the Tradition – Describe it. The structure may be in list format or just in paragraphs depending on the complexity of the topic you’ve chosen. Again, consider your audience as you introduce the tradition. You can choose to provide very basic information or go more in-depth.

3. Explain the Benefits – This is your chance to share exactly why the tradition is near and dear to your heart. Share why the tradition has become a part of the culture of your niche. For example, does it honor something? What are its origins? Who else is practicing the tradition and why?

4. Counter the Shortfalls – Weigh the validity of the traditions, and explain why the tradition should be continued.

5. Concluding the Article – Now that you’ve walked through the tradition, explained its benefits and thought about any shortfalls of the tradition, you have a chance to evaluate the tradition one more time and explain why it should be continued in the future … or discontinued altogether.

This basic process should help you lay out your own observations on the various cultural traditions in your niche. Plus, an article about traditions is one of the best ways to be sure they live on.

Leave a comment to share your own article template ideas. Who knows? Maybe we’ll use your idea for a future article template!

Gail writes:

These templates are a very good idea to help writers produce more quality content. With all the content we create for the Internet, it can be difficult when we know we need to produce something, but reach a “blank!”

Yes, we can “repurpose” content in some situations, but always coming up with fresh articles can be brain numbing.

Comment provided April 25, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

is there a way to download these templates. I lost mine in a computer crash :(

Comment provided April 25, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Owais,

These are not downloadable but can be used to generate ideas. Here is the complete list of them: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/category/article-templates

Nick Kellingley writes:

Hi Penny,

Don’t you think it would be a good idea if blog posts from you guys were available as an article pdf? In the same manner that you’re encouraging us to provide our articles as pdf’s?

Nick,

A quick question for you so I understand better. Why do you think this feature would be useful?

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Penny,
I received the templates as a prize in the last HAHD but lost them in a system crash. I would love to get them back if you or anyone from EzineArticles would be kind enough to send them to me via email.

Owais, can I assume you already deleted them from the jump drive where they were originally stored? :-(

Unfortunately, these currently are not available for download as a PDF file for free – however, they will soon be available as part of the Template Deck of Playing Cards that will go on sale in a few weeks. That product will contain 52 templates in total, both in PDF format and as actual playing cards. Price has not yet been established.

With that said, we will either send you the templates via email (17 MB) or send you another flash drive to replace those lost templates.

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Marc, Thanks that will be great. Either way is good for me. I really appreciate you guys for taking care of your writers :)

Johnny L. Ellis writes:

I’m starting a page for people retuning from Jails, prisons, and other institutions. I want to do some EzineArticles and drive contact to my blog and web-page. I know this is a good format to get the message out. I also want to thank you for the idea of the traditions ARTICLES. I think it’s great too. I’d like to make this a tradition for loved ones who are concerned.
The new tradition can be, I’m gonna love you until you love yourself. I’m taking a stand and I’m walking in LOVE. Do it with Joy and laughter. That’s why so many homes are empty.
The joy, love and laughter has moved out. Don’t let this happen in your home. let the Joy of the LORD be your Strength.

Comment provided April 25, 2011 at 7:51 PM

William Post writes:

Not only are templates a good idea but they also help to structure and article and eventually make writing easier since they keep me focused and on track.

Comment provided May 3, 2011 at 4:13 AM