Warning: May Cause An Increase In Productivity

Give Your Brain A Workout To Reach New Heights

If you were a cyclist and set a goal of competing in the Tour de France, you’d be training every day to build up your leg muscles and stamina to take on the rigors of that event.

In the business world, we use our brain to take us where we want to go, much like a cyclist would use their legs. It’s easy for a cyclist to keep perspective on the fact that increased leg strength and stamina will set them apart from their competitors and there are a ton of different exercises they can do to help them accomplish that goal.

Of course, you probably understand that increased brain power will help you achieve greater results in your endeavors, but how often do you really give your brain exercise and allow it to expand?

Journaling is a great way to exercise your brain and increase your writing productivity. Here’s a short list of personal benefits you’ll receive from regular journaling:

• Helps you soothe troubled memories
  • Acts as your own personal counselor
  • Helps you detach and let go of the past
  • Helps to empower you
  • Helps to reduce stress in your life
  • Helps with self-discovery
  • Helps to bring more stability to your life

There are many professional benefits you’ll receive as well – far too many to name them all, but here are a few:

• Helps you become more organized
  • Increases your focus
  • Reveals and tracks patterns and cycles
  • Aids in connecting causes to effects
  • Plants seeds in your mind
  • Maximizes time and business efficiency
  • Helps you make big decisions

Plus, journaling is an activity that has remained popular and withstood the test of time because it works. It allows authors to capture their emotions on paper, which can then be transferred over to readers through the written word. For that reason alone, you should consider adding a journal to your article writing repertoire so that you, too, can take advantage of it.

Your relationship with your readers will grow exponentially if the passion you feel for your niche shines through to them, and journaling will help you do that.

Journaling might seem pretty self-explanatory, but there are some specific techniques and strategies you can implement to get the most out of your journaling efforts.

If you want to learn more about those tips and strategies, we’ll be releasing a short training course on this soon.

More details to come soon.

J Chase writes:

I will be looking forward to the training course!

Comment provided April 26, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Perry Mink writes:

If journaling will help me with my writing productivity, not to mention stress and all of the health related benefits, then that’s some great advice.

Thanks

Comment provided April 26, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Jim H writes:

Looking forward to the first training course

Comment provided April 26, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Yes I do agree to the points. It is more relevant in case of grown up people where no new cells are produced at the same rate as it has been. So it is necessary to give sufficient exercise to the existing cells to rejuvenate and keep it active to ward off ills like dementia.

Comment provided April 26, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Cool and challenging! Good day everyone!

Comment provided April 27, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Felix writes:

A vitamin C tablet a day strengthen one’s immunity system by 10 folds then those who don’t take it.

Can journaling be that antidote to beat writing blocks out of their shape. And bring new hight to your writing career?

Only practice can tell. Just do it.

Comment provided April 27, 2011 at 4:32 AM

Tuyet Nguyen writes:

Great! For me, journaling with EzineArticles also helps me to sharpen my writings and thinking in English. Most of my writings so far are mainly in Vietnamese and none of them has been published on internet.

Comment provided April 27, 2011 at 7:16 AM

That’s a great point Tuyet.

For those of you that consider English to be your second language, journaling can be great practice for writing and thinking the English language.

Chris Kahler writes:

Regular journaling is also great way for creating a writing habit in general.

Writing every day at consistent times will give you a second nature ability to start writing even when there aren’t home run ideas present.

The best ideas sometimes come after you’re a couple hundreds of words into writing, sometimes even sooner.

Comment provided April 27, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Masood Raja writes:

I have found journaling to be extremely useful both in my academic as well as creative writing. Thank you for making this available.

Comment provided April 28, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Indeed, and I’d like to find point out that writing skills is business are paramount. So many entrepreneurs are absolutely talented, skilled, and literal experts in their area of expertise, but if they don’t write well, folks they do business with and customers just don’t see it. How you write matters, and the more you write makes you that much better – it’s an important skill. I should have started sooner.

Comment provided April 28, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Jeannie George writes:

I love to write and have always been interested in learning new and creative techniques. I’m very excited about your upcoming training course.

Comment provided May 5, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Olga Hermans writes:

Very interesting, because I never thought so much about journaling. I will take the challenge though and start doing it. Thanks!!

Comment provided May 5, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Nicole writes:

Yes, journaling is an extremely useful tool! As a teacher I actively encourage my students to write journals to explore their ideas and develop their writing skills. I have also found that keeping a blog can be a great way to engage these digital natives. That being said, I really appreciate the importance of actually putting pen to paper. There is something deeply satisfying about the tactile sensation of creating meaning from loops and lines.

Comment provided May 6, 2011 at 2:22 AM

As a teacher you are giving immense service to your students to improve their writing skill. They are sure to remember you all through out their lives.

John Padmore writes:

Journalling definately helps with ideas for a blog – and acts as a good aide memoire for articles.

Comment provided May 6, 2011 at 4:52 AM

KC writes:

Looking forward to that training course to hone in those skills. I always keep a journal with me, but never for journaling. I just jot notes to tickle me about something. It can serve both purposes I guess.

Comment provided May 6, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Judy Thompson writes:

Journaling may help me with my “lack of time to write articles” problem, since jotting things down on paper would already be a good start to the article.

Comment provided May 6, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Caroline writes:

I have found everyones comments so helpful. I always keep a book with me, as often see even signs along the highway or on cars, that give me an emotional inspiration . Will use this for better articles and to connect with my readers!

Comment provided May 6, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Ed writes:

More good information Marc,

I’ll keep coming back for more interesting tips and ideas to work from….

Ed :)