Why Diamond Level Membership?

Joe, an EzineArticles Expert Author, recently wrote in and asked:

“Why did you begin offering the EzineArticles Diamond Membership Level? Wasn’t Platinum Membership supposed to be the best?”

Here’s my video response to Joe’s question:

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

Here are the key takeaways from my video response:

For about three or four years now, we’ve watched the number of Platinum Level authors rise. At the same time, we found that Platinum was losing some of the luster that it originally had.

Platinum members didn’t always have their author photo uploaded and they didn’t always have link relevancy between the content they were writing about and the landing page of their URL. So we needed a way to showcase the absolute top 1% of our membership.

Diamond Level Membership is our way of making the ideal Expert Authors stand out. Diamond Level Membership represents an author that:

• Meets the absolute best quality requirements
  • Has uploaded their author photo
  • Writes great, top-notch content
  • Is driven by the originality and uniqueness of their articles
  • Highly-relevant link in the Resource Box

Keep in mind that if you don’t receive Diamond Level Membership after you’ve requested it, it’s not meant to be taken personally. Only about 17% of the people who requested an upgrade to Diamond have been granted it. That means that less than 1% of our membership will be at this level.

Contact us if you have any questions about your request and we’ll give you specific ideas that you can use to increase the quality of your article writing.

Related Links:

Bonnie Moss writes:

Enlighten me.. I ask the same question as Joe. It seems that there is more than 1% of authors at the diamond level. I am watching this carefully, don’t feel inclined to apply for it, but I see a real delay in getting my articles accepted.

If the quality of writing at the platinum level is deteriorating, I feel that should be controlled at the submission level. There is still a lot of articles which I consider shares not much meaning. Of course, this is my opinion.

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Nick Kellingley writes:

I just did a slightly unscientific run through the top authors (under the expert authors menu option) by volume – first page only. It’s interesting to note how many are now basic plus members and how few are diamond members.

Now I’m expecting that diamond level to rise – it’s quite possible many of the platinum guys haven’t yet applied or are awaiting decisions. But it’s good to see that volumes really aren’t a factor in the quality decision making process.

Nick,

Confirmed: Article volume is only a small factor in our ranking for Diamond membership.

Bonnie,

You may have that perception because we are giving Diamond level members different levels of exposure than Platinum and Basic level members.

As of this moment in time, there are only 213 members (.06% of our 377,510 members) who have been granted Diamond.

I’m sure there are many, many thousands who have earned it and we’re a few days to a week behind in Diamond review requests right now.

If you write top notch high quality articles that offers a genuine expert level insight that is seldom seen in competing articles from your niche, you should apply for Diamond membership for SPEED reasons alone.

This is the current order all articles and member support email tickets are responded to:

• Premium
  • Diamond
  • Platinum
  • Basic/Basic+
  • While Basic members are 14.5 days in arrears, Platinum is 6.1 days, Diamond is 1.4 days and Premium is 9.5 hours at the moment.

Therefore, Diamond members articles are reviewed 4 times faster than Platinum. Eventually, this difference will shrink because we’re not meeting any of our internal speed targets this month but have a series of plans and strategies being implemented to improve our speed.

One more thing: Platinum members articles have had to take a serious jump in quality over the past month to be accepted so we have raised the bar for this level of membership just the same as all other levels. We didn’t wipe out Platinum because we needed a quality level below Diamond to represent a “good” or “great” level of author, but not the ‘ultimate’ level of ideal EzineArticles expert author. Two quick examples comes to mind: Many will remain Platinum because they refuse to upload their expert author professional photo, fill out their author bio page, their landing pages are only “ok to good” instead of being in that top 1% of high relevancy to content value that is present in Diamond level members, among other quality factors.

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Avinash writes:

I have a query regarding Expert Authors count..

I am seeing the same following line on Ezine homepage from last 2 months

“377,510 Expert Authors Sharing Their Best EzineArticles “.

I am sure that, many new authors have been registered and writing in this directory but the count it not increasing. Is something wrong with the update or did you keep this number constant by degrading non-expert authors?

I am just curious to know the significance of “377,510”

Regards,
    Avinash

Avinash,

That number is updated once a day.

It doesn’t represent the number of members we have but rather how many have live articles right now.

This month we have been dropping articles and members at a much higher rate than normal because of the years worth of quality-bar-raising happening in the past few weeks.

By April, we’ll be doing another major round of identifying the lowest quality of content and giving members a chance to improve or delete them. This month, we’ve been only going after the bottom few percent that can’t be saved.

As for new members, we are continuing to add tens of thousands of new members monthly but (and even before our heightened quality assurance/control focus), several thousands accounts are terminated monthly… many before they even have a live article published.

Bottom line: The number will rise, but it also could fall if we are deleting members and articles faster than new ones are coming.

As for the accounts that get terminated: We don’t take these decisions lightly and often days or weeks elapse before final decisions are made. Good high quality members who submit unique and original content that meets our editorial guidelines have nothing to worry about.

Bill Ray writes:

Maybe you might like to change the auto e-mail to reflect what you have to say about publish of articles, I am still getting the same old e-mail that says your platinum article will be reviewed in the next 48 hours!

Consistency be EzineArticles would be received a lot better if we where given a true indication as too when the article will be looked at and published!

Also I Have noticed the slight decline of the ranking in the ranking with Alex, if you go by what they say, and it occurred to me, that if the volume of articles being produced decreases then it stands to reason that EzineArticles is causing its own de-ranking. I don’t have the statistics to back this claim up, but I am sure you can tell if I am right or not. Volume of content is not as important as the content, but if you have both then you have the magic solution?

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Bill,

I agree that our emails upon new article submissions needs to become variable to our real data. It wasn’t until recently that this would have been possible but I will make sure our team gets this right very soon.

You’re right and wrong about what caused this drop in Alex rank. It is going to go down for the next few months and by the end of 2011 and into 2012, it WILL RISE again. :)

Henrik Blunck writes:

Honestly, it would seem rather funny if someone who IS an expert in numerous fields (I have written in 73 niches – many of them closely related, quite naturally) had a landing page relevant for each niche.

Leave the author bio up to the author, and start running the review of articles faster. It’s getting frustrating to have numerous articles waiting in the queue. It would certainly motivate to continue striving for completing the HAHD challenge also.

Just a thought. :-)

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Derek Cromwell writes:

I’m disappointed in how the service that EzineArticles offers is handled overall. I still see new content being approved and posted that falls below the new guidelines – and I’m talking content that clearly came from a writer not fluent in American English.

Also seeing content that’s clearly been mishandled by an article spinner.

The most annoying tidbit is the “guidelines” in place to become a Diamond level author. You make it out to be something to aspire to but I saw several features Diamond authors on the main page of the site that shouldn’t have it.

The content was sub-par, it offered no value and was clearly derivative content. What’s worse is that two of the authors had less than the required article count, and one of the authors had only 1 live article to their name published several months back. That single article was about 350 words and was useless drivel.

That forces me to question the integrity of the system and the staff that are approving these “upgrades”.

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Derek,

Then use the REPORT ARTICLE or REPORT AUTHOR feature to tell us if you see something that shouldn’t be live.

If you see a Diamond member with less than 10 articles, that means they have less than 10 articles with the author name you are seeing but I can assure everyone that they have a min. of at least 10 articles within their account. Diamond membership is ACCOUNT-WIDE and covers all author names within their account.

We’ve already made process improvements in our Diamond review system based on member feedback (err, complaints) and it’ll probably take us a few thousands times to get really consistent. Please have patience and by all means, REPORT ARTICLES and REPORT AUTHORS via our article tools on every live article so that our team can investigate.

Many Platinum members lost Platinum membership during the Diamond review process because their recent quality was sub-par. Likewise, one bad article submission or one legitimate complaint about a thin or derivative article can result in account-wide loss of Diamond membership.

Nick Kellingley writes:

I confess that I am not fluent in “American English” (Amanglish) but am fluent in “English” – given that I am in fact English not American.

There’s a fine line to walk between dismissing work on the basis of poor grammar and spelling, without remembering that some spellings aren’t the same in fluent English of different variants.

“Colour” vs. “Color”, “Specialise” vs. “Specialize” etc.

It’s why when I write for an American only audience I use an Amanglish spell check for my work, but when I write for a broader audience I tend to revert to English.

So please Chris can we have a little tolerance for “English” in any correct format.

Lisa Mason writes:

Nick, I cannot speak for Derek but I don’t believe this is what he is referring to at all. I believe EzineArticles does accept European and American English alike. (Marc, Chris or Penny correct me if I am wrong.)

The complaint here is about some articles that manage to slip through the system which are basically “word soup”. They are a variety of words combined that are all correct English words yet do not make logical sense in their order. Most often this comes from “spun” content in which they take an existing article and run it through a software program that changes the verbs, nouns and other parts of the sentences with synonyms.

Of course, as you know, the English language is very complex and simply replacing a word with a synonym does not always work.

I see no reason why there would be a problem with your examples:

ie: “Colour” vs. “Color”, “Specialise” vs. “Specialize” etc. Even those of us who speak Amanglish know what it means. :)

Lisa, you are correct on all counts regarding this. Thanks for your input and assistance! :-)

Nick Kellingley writes:

Likes Lisa’s post – and will withdraw tongue from cheek forthwith.

Nice one.

Robin Piggott writes:

Lisa, couldn’t agree more regarding the Spun Article Syndrome(SAD for short) To give credit where credit is due I think EzineArticles do a good job under ever increasing pressure from gamers of the system.
    When you have a gazillion marketers recommending and promoting article spinner software like it was the Holy Grail its not surprising that the few good Article Directories have a hard time keeping pace.
    It’ll be interesting to see how this all shakes up over the course of the coming year.
    Robin

Chris Winkler writes:

As a new diamond, I strive to give EzineArticles my very best work. As a result, it is the #2 source of organic traffic to our online store, after YouTube. No other article directory comes close to the traffic this site provides.

While I stumbled at first, the critique of these articles by the staff helped me become a better article writer, to focus on a quality, informative article about what you are writing, not rehashed schlock.

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Alan Sahu writes:

I think ‘SPEED’ is one and only benefit we will get from diamond level membership. And, possibly diamond level membership will not help us to get more visitors from our articles. Personally, I shall not request for diamond membership. I’m comfort with my Platinum level membership. Thanks

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Devon K writes:

I have a “related” question. How come I have not seem my own profile listed under the Author Spotlight? I have Diamond Status and in all the time I have sat on the main page and hit refresh I have never seen “me” come up once. I have seem many people come up multiple times (Chris Knight at least 10) – but never me.

If anyone sees my profile (it uses the same picture as the one shown here) please let me know.

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 12:55 PM

I just hit refresh 20 times and only saw my name once and yours, none.

Each refresh shows 6 Diamond Members and it’s 100% randomized (on purpose); which means even if you hit refresh 35 times to view 100% of our current Diamond members (as of this moment), you’d never see them all because it’s randomized and not sequentially showing them.

Devon,

I’ve seen you. :) The next time I see it, I’ll screen shot it for you and send it your way!

Devon K writes:

On a “blog specific” note – have you ever thought about putting a message at the top of the page to let people know what’s happening when they submit a post / reply. Something like “post received – awaiting approval” or “post denied – doesn’t meet guidelines”, etc.

I assume others have the same issue – you submit a post and have no idea what happening with it. Countless don’t work because of a Captcha issue; and others appear to go through but you never know what’s happening since they don’t display right away. You don’t know if it’s been accepted, lost, denied, etc.

Just a thought to make the user experience a little easier.

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Devon K writes:

There’s a perfect example. This was my “second” post and the other seems to have vanished into ???

Devon,

Thanks for the feedback. The ‘captcha issue’… I wish we knew. We’ve tried countless times to duplicate it and cannot.

I don’t know if this applies to you or not but if you have more than one post open, either in another tab or another window, it generates a new captcha and it will fail if you try with both open. Only one post can be open at a time.

We’ll keep digging into it though.

Devon K writes:

The most common issues occurs when there is only one word in the Captcha text. I have found putting a space after the word seems to help “sometimes” but not all ways. It occurs a lot less when there is two words; however, it has happened then also.

Devon K writes:

I also use FireFox – not sure it that will have an impact or not.

Thanks Devon. We’ll continue to look into it.

Lisa Mason writes:

I also use Firefox and it seems to happen at random. I always copy my post just before hitting submit in case I get the CAPTCHA bug so I can just go back and paste it again without losing my post.

Denise Rutledge writes:

I’ve developed a strategy. I copy the content in my message before I send it. That way its less likely to get lost. Most important if you’ve spent some time on your post!

Mario Fanzolato writes:

Hi Chris. I think it’s great that EzineArticles is continually promoting the creation of quality content by raising the bar a little in terms of author status.

Unfortunately article submission sites have become a haven for individuals seeking the benefits of a link to their site over providing genuinely useful information that others can benefit from.

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Jonathan Huie writes:

Please be more specific about what one needs to improve to qualify for diamond. I easily meet all your stated requirements, yet was rejected.

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Jonathan,

Like I said in the video, go ahead and EMAIL US privately and we’ll give you some ideas about what you can do (if at all) to be upgraded.

Bonnie Moss writes:

In print journalism, there is such a thing as rejection. There are many accomplished and accredited authors who have a pile of rejection slips. Some articles published are not worth a read. It is not about cranking up volume at the expense of quality and worthwhile information.

My point, why the diamond level , if speed is what matters? I would aim for premium, if it is really the ultimate in quality.

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 3:56 PM

To us, Diamond represents the ultimate in quality articles, true expert authors in their niche, and outstanding user experience for when our site visitors come to your website landing page.

If ultimate speed mattered to our members, then yeah, get Premium.

Premium can be bought (for speed priority) but editorial bias can never be bought.

Diamond level membership (similar to Platinum) can never be bought.

Dobbs Franks writes:

Christopher

Thanks for the video. It is terrific to see and hear how concerned you are with all of us being able to understand the why and wherefore of your decisions.
    Also congratulations on being blessed with patience and diplomacy.
    I am confident that all of us here in your harem are most grateful and impressed with you and what you do.
    I admit that I am very honored and thrilled to be a diamond member. I will work hard to deserve it.

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 5:06 PM

The new changes make perfect sense, but Derek Cromwell has some great points. Unfortunately, there are bugs in the system that need to be ironed out. This is true for Google as well as EzineArticles. Whenever there are changes, things need to be ironed out. Thanks Chris for raising the quality bar.

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 5:46 PM

leon Noone writes:

G’Day Chris,
    It never ceases to amaze me that given the quality of service and opportunity that you provide, why so many authors grizzle so much.

I was so pleased with you that I chose to become a Premium Author earlier this year. As a Premium, is there any advantage, other than kudos and peer recognition, in applying to become a Diamond member?

Regards

Leon

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 7:00 PM

David Newby writes:

1% Diamond. ‘The originality and the research of their articles is off the chart’. I love this new initiative Chris, and that’s the way it should be–giving the best writers their due rewards…considering applying…

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Glen Ford writes:

The problem I have is the decision criteria is arbitrary.

Let’s look at the criteria:
    * Meets the absolute best quality requirements
    – What’s absolute best quality? How do you decide? More importantly how can I tell that I’m producing absolute best quality? After all, this is article marketing not the Pulitzer Prize here.

* Has uploaded their author photo
    – Great. This is a real criteria. I can answer yes or no and know that I’m actually meeting the criteria.

* Writes great, top-notch content
    – Okay. Once again. What is great, top-notch content. We all try to create great content. Does it depend on our niche? After all, very little is unique. How do you judge it. How do we tell if we’re providing it?

* Is driven by the originality and uniqueness of their articles
    – By definition every article is unique. Your computer programs check for it and tend to burp even with similarities. And since we are all writing in a small collection of niches the chances of producing articles which are not a little derivative is very close to nil.

* Highly-relevant link in the Resource Box
    – again what qualifies as highly-relevant. How do you decide? How do I know that you believe my link to be relevant or irrelevant. And more importantly why.

Out of five criteria only one has a yes or no answer.

If you expect this to improve the quality of the articles on EzineArticles.com (and I hope that’s the reason) then you need to provide some form of feedback to help us achieve the improvement.

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Steve Wickham writes:

I find myself applauding your feedback, Glen. I was recently featured in an Expert Author Case Study for presumably my outstanding qualities as an expert author, then on applying for Diamond was rejected.

The reason? Article rejections. I made the point that I hadn’t been “rejected” in many months and given I have 80-odd approved per month thought that was a pretty high standard.

I’m not convinced that the best authors are being acknowledged.

Bonnie Moss writes:

How interesting,Steve. Article rejection is part of determining acceptance to diamond level? Supposed to be that at the diamond level, only the best authors make it. Check the homepage of EzineArticles, seems like only diamond level authors are featured- some with less than 10 articles. Go figure.

Derek Cromwell writes:

I appreciate your response. I hadn’t considered the variable author names even though I’ve used it as well. Of course that doesn’t account for the lack of quality.

The reporting process is simple enough to use and I could indeed make use of it more often when I come across these articles but my question is: if all the content is edited by people, how is making it through the editorial process in the first place?

That’s really my greatest issue here, is that how do you gauge the value of a diamond level membership when the same people approving the requests for platinum and diamond transitions are the same people letting this type of content through?

Seems like it waters it down a bit.

With all the changes that have come across with recent updates to Google I recognize that EzineArticles is trying to improve the system (and give people a reason to strive for better content) but are you making internal changes to deal with editors that clearly don’t value your network?

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Derek,

We make internal editorial process improvements daily. This is not something new and is and always will be high priority. Human article reviews are subjective and there will be a margin of error. If you see an article that should not be live, use the reporting process. We use them ALL for our training.

Denise Rutledge writes:

Yes, this is a constant issue–which has only too recently been highlighted by having quite a number of articles go into trouble status after a long stretch without any problems at all. This of course has totally trashed my ability to apply for diamond status for the next 30 days.

Problem status is a funny thing. Two of the most recent articles that went there didn’t have the problem I was told they had. They were later approved without my changing anything.

The interesting thing is, one of the first articles to go into problem status as I recall, was one of these articles. I was told the reason I was denied my application for diamond status was the fact I had an article go into trouble status.

A rash of articles have followed suit. One went there, I believe because I dared to use the words “spinning software” in the context of generating website content. Context isn’t everything anymore? I accept the fact that I’ll only be able to use that term on my blog in the future. I’m not sure I could get an article against the practice approved so I just won’t go there.

And now I’ve now learned I can’t use EzineArticles.com in my articles without risking going to trouble status. I had done it before, so this seems like a subjective judgment. Some things you learn through experience. They’re not in the rule book. They are subjective

I squarely deserved trouble status for the article I submitted on the 24th. I learned this morning that I can’t count! LOL!

Enough ranting. The bottom line is this. Even your best authors who really care about what they do and who meet all the other requirements of a diamond author are going to make mistakes. They are going to have articles go into trouble status occasionally. Sometimes it will be a subjective error. Sometimes it will be a mystery. Sometimes it will be a genuine failure to understand the application of one of the rules.

This doesn’t make the author a “bad” author or even one with a higher risk of re-offending. I agree the bar should be high, but a review of why trouble status occurred could be important.

It might even be worthwhile to consider the correspondence between the writer and EzineArticles.com. If the approval process for Diamond takes longer, so be it. I’m just asking that editorial errors not be counted against an author who is seeking Diamond status.

Bonnie Moss writes:

Thank you for your patience, Chris, and the precious time you devote at constantly finding ways to inspire us, writers to do our best. If we didn’t care, we would not be involved, and writers should speak their minds.

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Daniel Bader writes:

I have two positive suggestions:

1. Right now, articles are being grandfathered but not accounts. In other words, we may have articles that we have no way of creating relevant links from (because we don’t have websites on that subject) or are under 400 words. So, we’re put in a position of either deleting and/or not benefiting from those articles or never being eligible for diamond.

Many authors who are high quality writers and experts who would happily write future articles about niches about which they have websites are now better off never applying for diamond. This has actually created a disincentive for people to improve, presumably the opposite of what was intended.

Instead, one solution could be to sever our accounts into our old (possibly frozen) platinum one and a new diamond one based on a smaller set of articles if we have a set that is good enough. The great articles still provide value to the site under the old platinum account, while authors can now aim for diamond without sacrificing all their old work. It’s a win-win solution for both the site and the authors.

2. Another possibility is make diamond status for pen names and not accounts. Right now we could have the following two possible cases:

a) The person submits ultimate articles under a single pen name.
    b) The person submits those exact same ultimate articles under one pen name and great but not ultimate articles under another pen name.

Under the current situation, a) is eligible for diamond while b) is not. But this is a disincentive to publish great articles, ones that we know produce real value but are not ultimate. I’m not saying we’d try to produce articles that aren’t ultimate, but, for example, we could be masters of one subject but only experts in another and want to publish in both niches, knowing that our articles in one niche will be ultimate while the others will be merely great.

Under the current situation, we’re actually better off not publishing articles that are great than publishing them, even though they contribute to the quality of EzineArticles. In fact, we’d actually be risking our diamond status by contributing to the site. Unless great articles have negative value, person b) is actually providing more value to EzineArticles than a), yet only a) can be diamond. Since there’s no way for anyone else even to know that the two pen names are the same author, there’s no loss of credibility to the diamond brand by this solution.

Those are some possible solutions. I just wanted to note that the new diamond status has actually created some paradoxical disincentives to improve or to publish great articles and I wanted to provide some possible solutions.

Comment provided March 24, 2011 at 1:52 AM

We already eliminated the idea of making per author name within an account because we don’t want to reward members with speed and additional exposure if they aren’t committed to only the best of the best…that top 1% ideal.

If you only have “great” articles to submit, then Platinum membership level is for you.

We also recognize that many masters or true experts within their niche many not be able to write quality articles or they don’t know how to deliver a highly relevant quality landing page… and we’ve been historically really lenient to this group of experts because we wanted the underdog to use our platform to get a voice in the market despite their only “good” level of article quality. Unfortunately, that’s not enough any more today. The quality bar has been raised. Articles that are only “good” may not be good enough for the level that we aim to deliver our users.

Over-time, we want to continue to earn the trust of the million daily visitors we’re privileged to serve. That’s only possible by only accepting and rewarding “great” and “ultimate” levels of article quality.

Our management team has seen your suggestion and we’ll consider your thoughts as we do from everyone in this blog. Thanks! :)

Mark Demers writes:

I`ve only been with EzineArticles for a couple of months and i`m still writing my first 10 articles just to be accepted as a platinum member and look forward to possibly being included in your diamond level however reading your post I now realize that i can rewrite a previously accepted article. I have one article (my very first) that i`m not satisfied with the results it`s getting and i`m wondering because this article has a terrible click through rate would this affect acceptance to any higher levels of membership. After reading your post and some of the responses i`m inclined to believe it would and i should rewrite the article prior to anyone complaining or whatever. My other articles are performing at 20-25% CTR and this one is much below that.
    Another thing- if i`m rewriting an article will it stay live or will it be removed while i`m rewriting it?

Thanks and have a great day!

P.S.- It seems funny that my captcha code is “click through”. ha ha

Comment provided March 24, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Mark – You really have 2 choices: 1) Rewrite the article, or 2) Leave the article alone and simply write fresh, new content instead that is more closely aligned with your personal standards/vision. If you choose to rewrite the article, the original version will stay live until the new article is approved.

Ian Worrall writes:

Hello Chris and the EzineArticles team.

I have just been reading through your requirements for attaining Diamond level status.

Within the bullet points listed above, words such as “meets”, “writes” and “articles” all suggest that Diamond level status is only achieved after the qualities specified are achieved consistently over numerous articles.

How is it that James T Noble (http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=James_T_Noble) has achieved Diamond status with only 1 article?

Please explain.

Comment provided March 29, 2011 at 3:50 AM

Ian – Diamond status is awarded to the human being, not the pen name. So the human being behind James T. Noble has written over 10 articles, just not under that particular pen name. Make sense?

Ian Worrall writes:

So what you’re saying is that James T Noble doesn’t qualify for Diamond status, as he has only written 1 article. The person who represents JTN and other pen names is the person that qualifies.

Comment provided March 29, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Ian,

Diamond status is awarded/earned as an ACCOUNT wide level; which means all author names within an account are Diamond.

James T Noble is just one author name within that members account. He has 10 or more articles live with us.

Denise Rutledge writes:

Here is the issue as I see it for the ability to earn diamond status on an account-wide basis. You can have completely different author’s works reflected. Many SEO firms post for their clients.

What is actually being evaluated in some cases is the quality standard of the SEO company. This could be viewed by some as unfair. At the same time, as long as quality is the measurement, does it matter ultimately whether an account reflects the work of more than one author? Probably not.

So Ian, you are correct in the way it works. “The person who represents JTN and other pen names is the person that qualifies” for diamond status. Whether you are an individual contributor or a content manager for others, there’s a diamond standard for us to reach for.

Comment provided March 29, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Fia writes:

Just curious. Can you re-apply for Diamond membership if you’re rejected the first time?

Comment provided April 26, 2011 at 5:00 AM

Fia,

Yes you may re-apply providing you have met the requirements for this membership level:

– Meets the absolute best quality requirements
    – Has uploaded their author photo
    – Writes great, top-notch content
    – Is driven by the originality and uniqueness of their articles
    – Highly-relevant link in the Resource Box

Fia writes:

Thanks, Penny. I’m already a Diamond member. But it’s nice to know that others can apply more than once. That way, they can still possibly be considered in the future, all the while further improving their craft. :)

Robert Britt writes:

I saw earlier in this thread (and months ago) that the Diamond percentage was .06%. What is that number at now? I’m just wondering how exclusive the group is. No point to bragging if it turns into a majority of authors here.. Thanks for the new level, not knocking it, just curious.

Comment provided December 30, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Robert –

Diamond Level membership is a very exclusive club and always will be – we anticipate there will never be more than 1% of our authors who reach that level. As of right now, we’re at 0.11%.

– Marc

Jack rigby writes:

Hello Chris and inhabitants here,

Having spent thirty years a writer of “pitches” as a Productivity Counsellor ( I invented it in the late 70’s when “Management Consultant” began to stink),
    I ALWAYS made my money from article/talk “response”.

So, while not an active member of this club (yet) here are a few thoughts:
    1. Only THE market can judge worth.
    (Editors are fine on “mechanicals”)
    2. Many years ago, I challenged the famous Isaac Asimov over his claimed writing output. Physically impossible.
    You cannot be an “expert author” in 20 fields. You can be a “reporter”.
    3. “Spun” articles. THIS is what this market is all about. Let us be serious.

My simple suggestion:
    Christopher, make the simple change to having your system measure market take-up.
    Get the end-users to respond as to whose and – when they collect material.

Writers: You KNOW when your sales pitch has worked – YOU get leads/responses.

AUTHORS originate.
    WRITERS entertain.

Final note: I was just canvassed yesterday (I get 800+ emails per day) by an Asian source offering me 100 articles on any subject I named for $250 and guaranteed to pass ANY spin-test.

But I’ll be back – this distribution system works!

Comment provided April 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Trustedessays writes:

Just like the sender, we have the same question to you, too. I was satisfied with the answer you provided on your video.

Comment provided July 30, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Daymon Hoag writes:

I remember the first time I heard the term Ezines. It was in college (BGSU) back in 2003 during a course in critical thinking where our assignment was to subscribe to Ezines. Ezines were never about marketing, nor did you hear about “spun content”, “article marketing”, “keyword stuffing”, “quality content”, or terms associated with SEO and marketing.

Ezines were informational in nature. You could subscribe to entire Ezines, or categories to get articles written on subjects you were interested in, and those articles were written mostly by people passionate about the subjects they were writing about. Articles were not fueled by SEO, or the almighty dollar.

I think anyone doing this purely for purposes of SEO should go elsewhere, and stop destroying what was once an amazing information resource.

This could really be a long article in and of itself, and just to clarify I’m not saying it’s wrong to link to your own website. It’s when people and businesses outsource article writing for reasons of content marketing in mass that things get ugly.

I’ve read nearly every reply in this post, and felt a need to speak out against all the SEO talk. I’m glad Diamond level status is reserved for an elite group. I think EzineArticles.com could raise the bar on even Diamond authors by not rewarding those who have humanly impossible numbers of published articles, and ensuring the authors actually own the resources they’re linking too. I think this will help to restore some of the integrity lost on the SEO industry.

Comment provided May 9, 2013 at 8:03 AM