Updated Membership Level Pyramid

Climbing to the Top of the Membership Pyramid

Four different levels make up the EzineArticles Free Membership Pyramid:

1. Basic
  2. Basic Plus
  3. Platinum
  4. Diamond

Each step up the pyramid corresponds to a step up in terms of the value the writer offers in their articles.

We’ve received a variety of questions regarding why the levels exist and what that means for you, and we decided to answer those questions with a quick blog post.

I’ll walk you through each of the membership levels and explain why you should strive to achieve Platinum or Diamond Membership so you can reap the benefits. I’ll touch on the often misunderstood Premium Membership. Plus, I’ll share how you can keep article quality at the forefront of your focus as you move up the ranks to Diamond Membership.

Membership Levels

• Basic – As a Basic Member, you’re allotted 10 article submission credits to hone your article writing skills prior to any upgrade to a higher membership level. This is the point where we start to get to know you as an expert in your niche and as an author. Once you have your first 10 articles, your account will be evaluated for an upgrade within a business day. From there, you could be upgraded to either Basic Plus or Platinum depending on your account review.

• Basic Plus – If you’re upgraded to Basic Plus, you’ll be given an additional 10 article submission credits with which you’ll be able to continue polishing your article writing skills to truly become an Expert Author. From there, your account will again be up for review for a possible upgrade to Platinum or Diamond, our highest levels of free membership.

• Platinum – If you’re upgraded to Platinum, you’ll be given unlimited article submissions. Your articles are reviewed by our most experienced editors and given priority for review. Once you feel you’ve mastered article writing at the Platinum level, you can request an upgrade to Diamond through the Account Manager section of your Member Account.

• Diamond – The Diamond level is the highest level of free membership, and it’s reserved for the most exemplary authors who consistently write high-quality articles. Diamond authors receive unlimited article submissions and an even higher priority review time than Platinum authors.

Account reviews consider the following points:

• Following the Editorial Guidelines on EzineArticles.com
  • Submitting Original, Unique Articles For Which You Have 100% Exclusive Rights
  • Getting Your Articles Approved on the First Submission

Focus on these things as you try to move up the ranks.

Keep in mind that upgrades aren’t guaranteed, but if you follow the Editorial Guidelines over time, your chances of being upgraded will increase dramatically.

Achieving Diamond Membership status is one of the best ways to improve the quality and speed of your article submissions while at the same time boosting your credibility as an Expert Author. Get started now and you’ll have that Diamond in no time.

Premium Level Option

You also have the option to upgrade to a Premium (paid) membership at any time for greater control, speed and convenience within your account. For more information on Premium membership, log into your Member Account and select Premium Membership from the Account Manager dropdown menu.

**Premium membership does NOT guarantee article approval or editorial bias as this cannot be bought.

You can get our extensive notes on the membership levels in this handy PDF document we put together. Then, you’ll be able to download it, print it out and use it to help you achieve the membership level you’re striving for.

Lisa Mason writes:

Thanks for the update. Good stuff!

Comment provided March 31, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Truly transparent procedures. I am fully convinced through experience that it is impartial and justified.

Comment provided March 31, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Sonny Lanorias writes:

Thanks a lot for clearly explaining this matter about the membership levels in EzineArticles.

Comment provided April 1, 2011 at 2:09 AM

I have 76 active articles and am still at basic level. What to do now?

Comment provided April 1, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Robert Solley writes:

Well, I can see why you’re still basic level if you’re a ghost writer. People who use your services are not giving readers honest, original content. The content is written by you and not the people who’ve hired you. It doesn’t make sense to me to hire someone else to write my articles. It’s much better to do the research and writing myself.

Thanks for a great explanation to which I can refer my students and members…

~ Jeff

Comment provided April 1, 2011 at 7:37 AM

Updated today: Now, Diamond Members who have at least 10 articles under their author name will rotate randomly on the home page author spotlight. Previously, Diamond members rotated regardless as to how many articles they had in each of their authors profiles (even though they all had at least 10 in their total membership account). That means, we we were showing Diamond members who appeared to have less than 10 articles live, when in reality, they had at least 10 articles live but not in the author name being presented on the home page.

This will reward those who have not only achieved Diamond quality level account wide, but also have at least 10 or more articles in their author profile.

Comment provided April 1, 2011 at 8:45 AM

LYDIA AKINWUNMI writes:

Thank you for the explanation, it’s helpful for understanding the membership.

Comment provided April 1, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Thank you for clearly explanation. I’m heading to achieve Diamond level.

Comment provided April 1, 2011 at 10:11 PM

John Cardbord writes:

Fair enough. I just wonder which of the levels gets my articles looked at faster.

Comment provided April 2, 2011 at 10:57 AM

John – The higher up the pyramid you are, the fast your articles get reviewed.

mesotheliomawhy writes:

Comment provided April 3, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Rahinur Rahaman writes:

Dear Penny,

Thanks for sharing this information timely.

Now I am going set my target to DIAMOND membership.

Comment provided April 5, 2011 at 2:07 AM

William Cato writes:

Thank you for the the great explanation.
I am working toward Diamond in my niche and I am really happy that it won’t take a few hundred articles to get there.

Comment provided April 20, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Wolfgang writes:

Thanks, I would like to upgrade to diamond membership, the problem is that I am so busy with other things in my business, that I am finding it hard to find time to write, so I’m going to have to find that elusive time, somehow.

Comment provided December 16, 2011 at 2:08 PM

madhushan writes:

I have always wondered, “What is the difference between platinum and diamond level authors?”. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment provided December 16, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Lawanna Bean writes:

It is my understanding that you can’t qualify for diamond level if you have had one article rejected. I am at Platinum level and would love to be diamond level, however, when I first started, I had a few rejections, which I corrected and they were approved. If it is true that you can’t qualify for diamond level if you have had one article rejection, I find that is a little unreasonable. No one is perfect 100% of the time.

Comment provided December 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Lawanna –

Of course everybody can’t be perfect all of the time – we don’t expect anybody to be. The point behind any of our membership upgrades is to reward those authors who show quality improvement over time as well as current consistent quality. So, to answer your question, no it is not true that one article rejection will “ban” you from receiving Diamond Level Status. As a courtesy, I have contacted our Member Support Team and requested that they review your account. They will respond to you privately.

– Marc

Lawanna Bean writes:

Thank you!

Vijay Khosla writes:

Thanks for this wonderful article and the information contained therein. I would like to submit more, but find Mr. wolfgang’s comment more suitable and timely to describe paucity of time in my case as well.

Yet, I affirm again that I am learning a lot from every body over here.

Comment provided December 18, 2011 at 2:55 AM

Risalat writes:

Thanks! Got Platinum status today and already applied for Diamond … fingers crossed :D

Comment provided March 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Risalat –

Congratulations on achieving Platinum status and best of luck in becoming one of our elite Diamond members!

– Marc

Frank Slovenec writes:

Thanks, as always the EzineArticles direction and instructions are clear.

Comment provided March 24, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Shaun Wallace writes:

Good stuff, I couldn’t find out what the different levels represented or allowed until I used the search box.

I better sign up and start submitting articles to make my way to DIAMOND level :-)

Thanks again, great explanation.

Comment provided August 9, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Kelvin McGowan writes:

What is the minimum total word count for the whole article on the basic membership?

Comment provided October 20, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Hi Kelvin,

We accept articles with a minimum of 400 words, keeping in mind that any promotional material for yourself or your business should be housed in the Resource box of your article. You can read more about this in our Editorial Guidelines found here: http://ezinearticles.com/editorial-guidelines/guideline/3c

~Vanessa

Adam McLeod writes:

I am new to ezinearticle.com
I submitted 10 articles, had 5 rejected and 5 accepted. When can I publish new articles? As I have reached my limit of 10. Is the limit for a day, month…?

Comment provided December 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Hi Adam,

I see that the Member Support Team has been in contact with you today and you have received further submissions. If you have any further questions regarding specific articles or your account please feel free to contact our Member Support Team through the Contact Us button inside your My.EzineArticles account. We can also be reached here: http://ezinearticles.com/contact.html

~Vanessa

syeda s writes:

Practice makes a man and a woman, both perfect. No doubt writing skills get better by practicing, but, i strictly believe that if you are pure and sincere to yourself then even remaining at the basic level satisfies you. We should never try to be a copy cat. Giving references at times is a different thing . Purity is in which you write yourself and with your own mind.

Comment provided January 1, 2013 at 5:36 AM

Lourdes Burias writes:

My heart’s desire is to become a Diamond author, and I believe I will be able to achieve that level through a natural process of consistently writing my piece and submitting the same to EzineArticles. Now that I have a zero submission left, I guess I have to wait what comes up next. Rest assured I will not stop writing.

Comment provided March 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Hi Lourdes,

We’re happy to hear you are determined to reach Diamond status! In order to further assist you in reaching Diamond, I recommend the following post: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2011/10/diamond-level-membership-initiate-quality.html

~Vanessa

Lourdes Burias writes:

Thank you Vanessa. I promise myself to try harder! I have set that goal (to reach the diamond level), and I intend to achieve it.

Comment provided March 28, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Jims healthandmuscle writes:

This is great stuff, I have a very clear understanding after reading this article. I have just started out but I find this site very useful. The feed back from support when an article gets rejected is great also. After a bumpy start I think I am beginning to understand what you guys are looking for in a successful submission…. It will be Diamond for me very soon… I’m sure :-)

Thanks for the site

Comment provided April 19, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Dennis Simsek writes:

Thank you for this great explanation I’m loving what EzineArticles has done for me and my business.

Comment provided July 1, 2013 at 10:52 PM

The membership levels are not only upgraded, but EzineArticles also downgrade them from the original ranking if your article does not meet the required standard of that level in due course of time. This process is also great and fruitful because once downgraded from the previous rank you become aware of the depleting quality of your contents, and make you strive harder to write articles that are rich in quality to achieve previous level.

Comment provided July 16, 2013 at 4:10 AM

Jason Roiz writes:

I would love to reach diamond level asap.

Comment provided July 18, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Hi Jason,

I see you also have an email in to our Member Support Team which is currently being addressed. Jenna will be providing you with specific tips on how to improve your writing in order to help you reach Diamond status.

~Vanessa

jenny robert writes:

Well! I am a basic author and i have 7 live articles. I will have to wait now.I have 0 submissions left now. Let’s see what happens?

Comment provided September 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Anne-Marie Dunn writes:

I didn’t realize I was already at 10 articles until I got the message as I tried to submit #11. Thank you for this explanation of the various levels of membership, I feel more comfortable now knowing what direction I’m headed in.

Comment provided November 12, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Hi Anne,

I see that your account has been recently upgraded to Platinum status. Nice job!

Keep up the great work!
~Vanessa

Hazel Rabor writes:

Hello EzineArticles,

I have 8 articles live now and just submitted my 9th article earlier this morning. I was working on my 10th but when I tried to submit, it said I have 0 submission left and that I’m due for an evaluation for upgrade.

I’m a little confused because your guidelines said there needs to be ten articles before your first evaluation? Why did the notice come up during my 9th submission? What does that mean? Is that okay?

Thanks.

Comment provided May 26, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Hi Hazel,

I see your account has been upgraded to Basic Plus and you currently have six articles remaining. If you have any further questions regarding your account please use the Contact Us button inside your My.EzineArticles account and our Member Support Team will go through any issues with you.

~Vanessa

arundhathi E writes:

I have 4 live articles in my account as Basic Author. I have submitted 2 articles today and I saw the notification that I have 0 articles for submission. When can I submit 10 articles or more?

Comment provided December 20, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Qunson Marynathan writes:

Its a pitty that I did not know that there was a limited submission for my basic membership. I have run out of submissions and only then have I come here. Anyway, I will work my way through to the next level. Not knowing the submission limitation, I had deleted my pending articles. Now I feel bad that they are going to affect the evaluation.

Had I not come here, I wouldn’t have known all of these good pieces of information. Thank you very much for sharing.

Comment provided March 15, 2015 at 3:52 AM

Hema Dalvi writes:

I have 11 articles in my account and 1 in review, trying hard to complete 6 more to increase my level. Thanks for your guidance, it helps a lot. My account has upgraded to basic plus level. I feel motivated to write even better. My writing has polished. Thank you once again.

Comment provided September 19, 2016 at 3:16 AM

Brenda Cagara writes:

I am new to EzineArticles but happy to know that EzineArticles is using a highly transparent system for all levels of membership.
Thanks to Ezine Team for providing such platform.
Great Explanation. Thumbs Up!

Comment provided December 26, 2016 at 3:00 AM

Adnan Muzzaffar writes:

I am an old member who prefers to read articles here. I’ve finally written 20 articles with a Basic PLUS membership level as of now. Looking forward to diamond, submitted two more articles today. I am glad EzineArticles is unbiased and it helps to keep the content quality great. Thanks!

Comment provided April 18, 2017 at 5:29 PM