Connecting Twitter with Facebook and LinkedIn

How To Triple Your Production With Each Tweet You Post

Social networking has quickly become the new “in” thing to do in cyberspace. Whether you’re using it to organize your social life or you’re trying to expand your reach as an author, social networking can help you reach those goals because it allows you to reach an audience you might not otherwise reach. Plus, if you’re using it to promote your business, the interpersonal nature of social networking sites gives you the chance to interact with a much more personal voice.

The trouble is that there’s no set conventional wisdom on the most efficient ways to use social networking. It takes time to understand the benefits and potential uses of each platform, so getting comfortable doesn’t always happen right way. That comfortable feeling comes eventually, but in the meantime, you need to manage the time and effort you spend on social networking for your business. You can do that by trying new things and regularly evaluating the strategies that work best for you.

Another way to manage your time is to connect your networking profiles together. Save yourself a significant amount of time by connecting your Twitter account to your Facebook and LinkedIn profiles with these steps.*

Connecting Twitter with Facebook

1. Have your login information for both Twitter and Facebook handy.
  2. Login to Facebook.com.
  3. Search in the top search bar for the Twitter Application.
  4. Add the application to your account.
  5. Then, allow and authorize access for Twitter and Facebook.
  6. Enter your Twitter login information and select the option to update your Facebook status.
  7. Choose your preferred settings and click “Allow.”

Connecting Twitter with LinkedIn

1. Login to LinkedIn.com.
  2. Click on the Twitter icon below the “Share an update” box.
  3. A pop-up window will ask if you want to allow access to Twitter – allow and authorize.
  4. If you’re logged into Twitter already, it’ll connect right away. If not, you’ll have to enter your login information.
  5. Choose your preferred settings.
  6. Complete the process by selecting “Save Settings.”

With these connections alone, you’ll triple your production with every tweet you post. Your Twitter followers, Facebook friends and LinkedIn network will all be alerted to what you’re sharing.

Just keep in mind that these are just two steps in the process of engaging on each platform, so you still need to log into each account regularly to keep up with interactions.

Are your accounts connected? How else do you use social networking sites in your article writing and marketing plan? Leave a comment below to share your thoughts.

* Please Note: This post was last updated on April 24, 2014 at 11:40 A.M.

15 Comments

Paul writes:

I totally agree with the importance of social media – especially now that even Matt Cutts has suggested that article marketing has had its day:

EzineArticles is now sending so many “problem resolution” e-mails for what many consider to be good quality articles – I know many people who submit to EzineArticles and they are all saying the same thing. But at the same time the site is still cluttered with far too many Google ads and far too many links to internal pages.

Ideamarketers and goarticles have not been hit by the Panda update – they have not had to increase the word count on each article etc etc. But who really cares now as article marketing is dead!

I would like to know how many other people are becoming frustrated at receiving these “problem resolution e-mails”.

It is also spam comments like No1 on this section that have also been ruining the site for many years. This has been pointed out to Chris and the team on many occasions but they seem to love the “big up” – seemingly unaware that it is in fact pure spam forum comment posting.

Comment provided March 16, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Paul writes:

Spam comment No1 seems to have been removed! Maybe Chris and the gang are finally starting to listen.

I for one do not have the time to keep responding to their problem resolution e-mails – from now on I will be focusing on Twitter and Facebook social media marketing instead of article marketing.

Jo Guerra writes:

Good videos and suggestions, but I think you have to be very careful when you connect your social networks together. Yes, you can save time, but you can also be spamming your connections.

If your tweets are going to Facebook, then you could be taking up someone’s wall. What if someone is posting and reposting links to an article on Twitter? It can become spammy and they can unfriend you. So, if people connect their networks, they should be careful.

I do think going from Facebook to Twitter, or LinkedIn to Twitter is just fine. And as you said, everyone has their own goals. And there is also a way to connect your Facebook (business) Page to Twitter. Since I am not on my business page as much, I think this would be valuable. So, you have given me a great idea.

An alternative would be to use a time saving tool such as Hootsuite and post things in advance – but of course, it is a bit more work. And by the way, I disconnected Twitter and Hootsuite on Facebook.

Comment provided March 16, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Elisabeth Kuhn writes:

I totally agree with Jo Guerra! Posting from Facebook or LinkedIn to Twitter is just find, but vice versa — Oh NO!

I did that for a while. I had my Twitter connected to Facebook, while pretty much focusing on tweeting.

When I went back to Facebook, I found out that they had suspended my friend-adding privileges because of “complaints about my “activities”” — and then I realized that all my tweets must have cluttered up their wall.

It took me a bit to figure out how to disconnect Twitter again, but it’s done now, and none too late.

Twitter is much more tolerant of lots of tweets, whereas Facebook doesn’t appreciate it if people clutter up their friends’ walls!

It was a great idea in theory, but it didn’t take into consideration the different “culture” of Facebook. (and thank goodness I never tweeted my stuff to LinkedIn.

And btw, I can add friends again now too.

Also, who said article marketing is dead? Not by a long shot! it may have a bit of a rough time right now, but on the plus side, there’s less competition now, and as the quality of the articles rises, more readers will come…

I think…

Comment provided March 16, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Liz V writes:

i’m new at all this. I’ve been doing articles for EzineArticles but haven’t gotten any Problem resolution emails. Is this unuslual? They made me an expert author, does that help any?

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 11:01 AM

hugh williams writes:

i use ping.fm if a create a blog i can submit it via rss to facebook, twitter and loads more. it cuts down on the amount of time logging into each one and posting

Comment provided March 23, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Liz V writes:

@hugh williams thanks for the tip on ping.fm. I’l check it our. RSS’ing is a total mystery. What is RSS and where can find out how to do it?

Comment provided March 26, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Liz – Check out this post http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2010/11/sharing-articles-with-rss.html for an RSS how-to overview.

hugh williams writes:

what i have is a ecommerce website every time i put a new item on there its added to the rss feed then ping.fm picks that up and posts to a large number of social sites. it works the same with blogs every time you write a article it gets added to your rss feed which would then be added to the social sites they also have a link back to the original article. so there are loads of back links to be had there. i don’t now what i would do without ping.fm and its free

Comment provided March 28, 2011 at 6:38 PM

I have done it. But the fears expressed by Elissabath above are relevant. Because of different social cultures in both twitter and Facebook. Disadvantages then are more from the benefit you derive through interconnection.

Comment provided April 1, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Bakare O. writes:

Whao! Thanks for the sharing, it’s really cool to get this info as it will help my sharing and updating. Thanks

Comment provided April 4, 2011 at 12:09 PM

gaz williams writes:

ping.fm is the best for this

Comment provided August 13, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Wilfredo writes:

Peculiar article, totally what I wanted to find.

Comment provided October 19, 2012 at 9:27 AM

jt foxx ties writes:

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and
now each time a comment is added I get several emails with the same comment.
Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
Many thanks!

Comment provided January 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM

JT,

Comments are now closed on this post. That should no longer be a problem.

Marc