Symptoms to Watch Article Template

Even if your field of expertise is outside the health and wellness niche, writing a “symptoms” article could be just the thing to cure your article inspiration ills.

When most people hear the word “symptoms,” they think of changes in your body that come from an illness. That’s true, but “symptoms” can also be indicators of underlying problems in any area of life – and that’s the definition we’re going to use here to help you write some great articles.

For example, articles explaining the “symptoms of a shaky investment strategy” and the “symptoms of an off-balance golf stroke” would both tackle the symptoms (or indicators) of a problem. Then the articles would give the reader advice for how to deal with those symptoms and their underlying cause(s).

Try using this article template to frame your next article idea in a new way. Here’s how:

4 Steps to Building a “Symptoms” Article:

1. Narrow Your Topic To A Specific Problem – Focus the article on the symptoms of the problem and use your expertise to shed light on what people can do if they experience the symptoms.

2. List the Symptoms – List the symptoms of the problem and give a brief explanation of each. Make it clear how to identify them.

3. Share What To Do About Them – Describe what to do if you experience the symptoms. Give a “cure” to the underlying problem. This is where your one-of-a-kind expertise is essential.

4. Provide Cautions and Wrap it Up – Include your own cautions with the problem and your method of dealing with the symptoms. Use these cautions as a way to recap and wrap up your article.

For every problem that can occur in your niche, there’s a “symptoms article” waiting to be written on that very subject.

Use this template today to write your next set of high-quality, original articles for more traffic back to your website or blog. Also, leave a comment to share your own template ideas.

Cheryl G Burke writes:

Terrific use of ideas! Catching the, “sparks” of creativity that are in constant avail!
Great Day EzineArticles Team!

Comment provided March 28, 2011 at 3:32 PM

hazel wagner writes:

Thanks for another terrific idea. Using analogies from disciplines or niches different from one’s own is a terrific way to re-energiz a topic and make it memorable. This is especially true when the analogy is something most can relate to like health or sports.

Comment provided March 28, 2011 at 3:41 PM

brian writes:

what about service industry articles like shopping for a caterer or photographer?

Comment provided March 28, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Susette Horspool writes:

Guys – I’ve been involved with natural healing for about 30 years. I’m also a problem-solver in general, and I have to disagree with your definition of “symptom.”

Symptoms are not causes, but alerts. Symptoms are wakeup calls that say, “Hey, there’s something wrong here. Pay attention!” If you ignore the symptom, then problems ensue and begin to magnify, with your body giving more numerous and desperate alerts (symptoms), until you do pay attention or the problem becomes insoluble.

You are right in that an article listing symptoms, but not causes is an empty article. They do go together, but they’re not the same thing. One problem (flu) can have many symptoms (shivering, fever, weakness, headache). You take them one at a time and look for causes.

Example: Shivering = Symptom. Losing body temperature = One Possible Cause. Put on a sweater, drink or eat something hot and spicy, do pushups or other exercise, turn on a heater, go on a laughing jag = Possible Solution/s.

Addressing problems/symptoms/causes together makes for a powerful article.

Comment provided March 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Susette – A great observation; you are exactly right. Causes and symptoms are indeed two interrelated, but different, entities. We should have been more careful in making that distinction. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Caroline writes:

When I am working with my clients I have found if I really listen to what they say,it give you the stress clue to the root of the problem. One of my clients had ulcers covering her legs and feet, hard for me to look at really. I asked her, is something or someone bothering you, and she replied ‘yes my husband’ , he has passed on for 20 years.
Ulcers have an emotional root that something is eating away at you or a strong belief you are not good enough.
You must be careful with your thoughts.

Lalitha Brahma writes:

Thanks Marc for sharing this tip. In a business we generally think of problems and solutions. You opened up a whole new way of using the word “Symptoms” effectively in any industry other than health care.

Comment provided March 29, 2011 at 6:59 AM

Susette got stuck on the word symptom than sharing the message you sent. It could have been another word instead but what is important is whether the reader understood the message.

Comment provided March 30, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Lin Elliott writes:

I agree with you sreekumar. To me this was about opening your mind to other possibilities, not the word itself.

thanks EzineArticles.

Aurther writes:

I think this idea is really good, many thanks.

it has rejuvenated my creativity in writing my articles

Comment provided March 30, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Larry writes:

I also often add a component: “what the industry is doing now about this problem” or “The current industry standard for this…symptom… is” so you can contrast how wonderful your solution is!

PS: regarding the google algorithm change that weeded out low quality content…I’m all for it, and very happy about it. Searches on Google had become inane with ulimited ‘derivative’ content.

If you think EzineArticles took a hit, folks, you should see some of those “content farms” sites – including many of the “for hire” ones from India and the Phillipines – fell right off the first pages of search results, which they deserved.

I think EzineArticles has done a great job in steady quality improvements, by limiting keyword density and other content mamagement initiatives so articles it publishes are known for high caliber.

Thank you for addressing and being candid about the content issue and Googles attempt to weed out thin content, Chris Knight.

Comment provided March 30, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Reh Fransiska writes:

…, but the template still didn’t answer my big question, i.e: how to put link(s) in the article. First I thought we only be able to put link on ‘resource box’…, but I’ve seen so many articles with link(s) in the body.

Comment provided April 8, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Reh – This video and Blog post should answer all of your questions about the proper placement of links in articles: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2009/06/avoiding-excessive-links.html

Steve Last writes:

I was doubtful at first whether this template would help me much because I seldom write for the health niche. However, I used it in my technical area and in no time it had unblocked my mind, and inspired me to think of a ton more symptoms articles, and I’m looking forward to some really productive article writing using this template now! Thanks.

Comment provided September 1, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Wendy Eth writes:

Thank you for all your template ideas! I would like to the chance to tell you that your ideas work!
As I was ready through this blog I’ve come up with several ideas for my next articles. I will definitely be back here again.

Comment provided September 18, 2011 at 3:41 AM