Over time, we’ve come to realize that we’ve outgrown our current membership level structure.
The trend we see is that Platinum-level members are grouped together unfairly. Our highest quality authors are mixed in with others who may be more concerned with generating high numbers versus creating great articles.
To recognize those “Best of the Best” Expert Authors, we are adding a Diamond level to the peak of our membership pyramid.
The Diamond level represents the ideal EzineArticles Expert Author to us. It represents someone who only writes original works, presents them in an easy-to-read format (bullets, numbered lists and only a hint of bold or italics styling), doesn’t generate user complaints, submits regularly and is a genuine expert in the topics he or she writes about (as evidenced by their website URLs and bio).
To qualify as a Diamond author:
- You must have at least 10 live articles in your account.
- Your Author Bio must be 100% complete, including your author photo.
- You need to submit a request for the Diamond level upgrade through your Author’s Area:
- Login to https://Members.EzineArticles.com/
- Select “Account Manager” from the dropdown menu, and then select “View Account Status”
- If you qualify according to the six points, fill out the form for Diamond Membership and select “Send Request”
What it Means to Be a Diamond Author
- You’ll receive faster article review times, faster Member Support responses and unlimited article submissions. Premium members will still receive our fastest review and support priority times, but Diamond members will receive priority before Platinum member submissions and email support.
- A diamond image will be next to your by-line name to let our readership know you are among the most trusted members we have.
- Our more experienced editors will review your article submissions.
- You are the best of the best and you’ll be held accountable to that. Therefore, problems in one article could cause you to lose Diamond status.
- The Diamond upgrade is account-wide. The primary member is responsible for the quality of all articles and alternate author names on the account.
- Upon request, you may be granted the ability to write articles in the 250-400 word range providing you continue to deliver high value to your readers.
This membership level adjustment has been in the works since early 2007. The Diamond level was adapted from that original plan. Diamond membership can never be purchased and can only be earned. It’s our way of letting the world know who is a perfect example of what our best expert authors look like and sets an example for others to follow. It’s about the ultimate in quality.
As the months go by, we hope to refine our Diamond Membership level process and will be featuring some of the best Diamond members as case studies for others to learn from. If you have advice for us on further criteria we should use to determine who deserves Diamond membership, we welcome your input.
NOTE: Please be patient with the Diamond membership account review considerations. We have no anticipated reply time frame for you but know that we are working on them and will have replies to you as soon as we can.