DEAR EZINEARTICLES: How do I cope with my current problem – lack of article ideas?
I saw the warning signs for a couple of months leading up to this problem and I’ve asked people around me for advice, but nothing has worked so far.
I kept using up ideas and had no great way to refill my ideas folder as I went along. This is more devastating than any case of writer’s block I’ve ever experienced. Please advise me.
– Wandering Without Any Article Ideas
DEAR WWAAI: I know you’re hurting, and I’m sorry about that. Everything is great when your article ideas folder is full, but as it empties, you need to continue generating new ideas.
Well, one of the best solutions to deal with a lack of article ideas is to start your writing with an article template, and more specifically this “Dear Annie” Article Template.
Creating a “Dear Annie” Article Template:
- Start With a Question – Your question may be a common one you hear about in your niche or something you already have in the FAQ section of your website. Pick a question that requires the answer of a full article of about 400-750 words. Avoid questions that have simple Yes/No answers. They won’t generate very compelling articles. Instead, pose and answer questions that ask “Why” or “How” things work.
- Answer the Question – Use a personable voice to answer the question and give the best advice you can on the situation. Use your expertise to navigate the problem and offer a solution. You can use the “Dear Annie” format with a set of questions or you can organize the content in paragraphs.
- Add Another Question – Add additional questions that fit with the same theme. Use bolding, italics or other clear labeling to distinguish between questions.
- Identify a Theme – Tie questions together with the theme they share. Once all questions you want to cover are answered, discuss the connections between each to wrap up the article. Then you can also give any extra insights you have.
Use this template today to give passionate responses to the everyday issues faced by your readership. With this template, you’ll increase the amount of care and attention felt by your followers. Leave a comment to give your own twist on this template.