Title Suggestion Emails

NOTE: This Blog post was updated on Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 2:45 pm.

Title Suggestions are now as accessible as ever.

As an EzineArticles Expert Premium, Platinum or Diamond member, you may have already received an email from us that provided you easy access to our Laser-Targeted Article Titles pool. We know that better titles increase your potential views, which equates to higher website traffic, so access to them should be easy!

Here’s how we do it:

With the help of the EzineArticles Article Title Writing Service (or simply, Title Suggestions), a recommendation of three titles is generated for you and delivered to you in an email.

We sift through terabytes of data to uncover the most popular keywords and keyphrases that are currently being used to find your articles on EzineArticles.com. The category of title suggestions sent through email will be based on already-published articles on your account, so if you write about weight loss, the title suggestions will be about weight loss.

If you decide you don’t want to use a chosen title, simply click on the Return This Title button to return it to the EzineArticles title pool. Titles that aren’t used within 24 hours of selection will be automatically returned to the title pool. A new batch of titles can be selected once all of the titles in your existing batch have been used or returned.

To receive these emails, you must qualify. Qualifications include:

• You must be a Premium, Platinum or Diamond-level member,
  • You must have at least five or more live articles on your account and
  • Your account must be in good standing

Unsubscribe option: Members are able to unsubscribe from the Title Suggestions emails. You can do this by logging into your account, selecting Account Manager –> Account Preferences, and selecting “No” for the Article Title Suggestions option under Notification Preferences.

Leave a comment, and let us know if you like or dislike this new feature. We’d like to hear how and why these emails may work for you.

JacquelynDunn writes:

Thanks for providing the title suggestions because they are really an advantage to us as article writers. I use them regular because they are not only good titles they give me ideas that I would not have thought of.

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Frances Cahill writes:

I look forward to being eligible for title suggestions. I can see it being a valuable tool.

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Mary Bodel writes:

I love it, both the title suggestions and the targeted suggestions. I have a couple of topics I wouldn’t mind seeing suggestions for, is that doable or would it merely get in the way?

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Mary,

At this time, the suggestion emails deliver title suggestions based on your article history. If you haven’t yet written about a subject, the emails will not deliver title suggestions in that category.

You can use the suggestion tool to look in categories that you may find of interest.

Lena Wasserman writes:

This is fantastic! Thank you so much for all the support.

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 4:58 PM

ntathu writes:

Thats a quirky but real useful service. I like the idea of receiving an email with the titles as it will help me to keep focused and remind me to write….easy for a day, then two, then a whole week to go by…
I would like to give it a try..how do I register? Thx

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Ntathu, you are signed up automatically as a Platinum or Premium Author. This service is not currently available to Basic or Basic+ Authors.

Jack Krohn writes:

they have been way off target so far-sorry to say

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Jack,

Can you provide specifics on what you are seeing? Your feedback allows us to make improvements.

Otis Brown writes:

I believe that this is an excellent offer. I often find myself struggling for article topics and it actually discourages me from writing articles. This program will enable me to write many more articles. I will do it. Thank you

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I LOVE THIS FEATURE.

I would like to have more than 24-hours however, as sometimes I need to do a little research, for instance, I was sent some EXCELLENT titles, which open up a whole new realm of article-sets for me. But, by the time I did about 2/3 of my research on the topic, nmy 24-hours had expired. Bummer.

So, how about 72-hours. (3-days).

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Lance,

Your suggestion is noted. How long do you feel is ‘long enough’? We encourage you to use them and not hold on to them so others can use them if you don’t.

Okay so, this really gets to the heart of the matter, on the refinements of this excellent and awesome feature. Now then, I got a few excellent Titles:

1.) The History of the Green Berets
2.) Home School Vs Traditional School – Four Things to Consider
3.) What Can Algae Do For Us?

On the history of the Green Berets, my uncle was one, so I sent him an email, he got back to me 2-days later, I thought it would be great to not only read a little in one of my Army History books, but also get his take on it. But by the time he emailed me back 48-hours later, it was too late, but we did have a great chat, later by phone, so I thank you for great talk with my relative. But 48-hours would not have been enough.

On the Home Schooling issue, this article I could have written from scratch, so 24-hours would have been sufficient, but I wanted to tie in an article I read recently on the Future of Education Blogging network I belong too, and also reference an article I read in Bloomberg on day care/schools VS. home schooling for toddlers. So, 72-hours would have been better.

On the Algae article, GREAT TOPIC! Especially with all the bio-fuel DOE grants, and aviation and military fuel needs, it’s a totally important ecology and environmental issue. And we have an algae growing farm about 75-miles from here, one of the largest in the nation so far. I met a great guy, scientist researcher not long ago at Starbucks and I dug up his card to shoot him an email. Plus, I wanted to re-read some online articles, I’d saved in my favorites, to make sure I had the proper industry buzz-words, because I want the article to be correct. Thus it could take a few hours in studying up and a phone call which I would hope to get an appointment for within a couple of days. In this case, I might need as much as 3-4 days.

So, I just wanted to illustrate how it’s important to have a little more time 4-5 days is a safe number, 72-hours is generally workable. Okay so, that’s what I think and why using real examples, I hope that helps in making this feature great, a feature no other online article service to my knowledge has, but a great innovation to this sector.

J Chase writes:

Thanks for the heads up. I will sign up for it and give it a try.

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Scott Marcus writes:

I like the idea but your website can be very buggy (including here) so I cannot use it.

I selected a title. I wrote an article. The title appeared in the drop down menu and there was no way to manually overwrite it. I figured, “fine, that’s how this works.” I clicked submit. I got an error message saying, “you must submit a title.” I tried to write in the title box. It would not let me. I clicked on the drop down, looking for another option. There weren’t any. I clicked in the title box and then did the drop-down. It filled it in with the title I had suggested. I clicked submit.

I got an error message, saying “that title already exists.” I decided, “not worth the hassle” and came up with my own title. I came here to tell you the whole sorry saga. I wrote all this out previously to this. I entered the letters below. I clicked submit.

I got an error message saying “capcha error.” i hit “back” on my browser. I got a blank screen. I repeated the process and added this last part in.

I love what you’re trying to do but it’s no where near ready. Thank you for the effort but please get it working better before inflicting it on us again.

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Alfred Bellanti writes:

The title suggestion tool and emails are one of the best things about writing and publishing with EzineArticles.com. Even the most prolific writers sometimes get stuck for titles and content. Having titles suggested to us then becomes a simple stilmuls>response reaction. Thank you EzineArticles!

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 7:12 PM

voi-ze writes:

Great service, it makes us focus to the topic easly

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 9:04 PM

cheap mbt shoes writes:

I will sign up for it and give it a try.

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 9:12 PM

I use title suggestions daily so to have them sent to me would save me a lot of time finding them the ‘old way’. I think having more than 24 hours to use the titles would be very helpful. I am a platinum author – how do I sign up for the title suggestion emails?

On another note, since I have been writing articles for the 100 articles in 100 days, the traffic to my web site has increased enormously. Last month I had 1000 views and so far this month I have 950 views~ whooooo hooooooo!

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Saddhamala, you are signed up automatically as a Platinum Author.

cheap mbt shoes writes:

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 9:44 PM

You are signed up automatically as a Platinum Author.

Jeff Saunders writes:

This is an excellent initiative, especially for those who don’t have the skill of accessing the more popular keywords.

I would like to avail myself of this service, and see if I can improve on what I’m doing.

Many thanks.

Jeff Saunders

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Aside from the introduction and conclusion, the title is one of the hardest elements of writing to figure out. A title suggestion tool is very useful to us, writers!

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Bhaskar Kumar writes:

I am die hard fan of EzineArticles.I have been writing articles in this site since six months and i am very happy that EzineArticles bring this fabulous idea.It would help us more than any thing to write article for our websites.

Comment provided February 16, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Nepal tour writes:

You have given awesome information for the title suggestion. This article is really important for me because it can suggest my article title by my subscribe mail, it may help me to get good title or title suggestion for my future post.

Comment provided February 17, 2011 at 2:15 AM

R Jackson writes:

I am most interested in this program, please include me in your mailing list

RJ

Comment provided February 17, 2011 at 2:42 AM

Henry Kunz writes:

I like this feature and I trust that it will improve over time.

I did 5 test runs with the following results:
1 x excellent
2 x off-target
2 x nothing found

(keywords were all within selected category/subcategory)

Comment provided February 17, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Henry,

The more titles we add to this, the more relevant they become. We are working on this and the titles are moving out as quickly as we put them in. :)

We currently have ~98k in queue now. What category did you run your test in?

Henry Kunz writes:

Penny,

“power tools” was very good
“web hosting” off target
“weight loss” and “diet” not good

Karen writes:

I think that is a very good idea but 24 hours is a bit short of time. Research takes up some time. But still, should be able to make use of some of the titles given. Unfortunately, I have yet to qualify to benefit from such a great idea from EzineArticles.

Comment provided February 17, 2011 at 4:12 AM

Peter J Nelson writes:

I just need to get another 8 articles in my account and after the hurdle of platinum I will give this a trial. I’ve used the usual title suggestions but this tool might give me new angles to my work.

Comment provided February 17, 2011 at 4:57 AM

Jeny writes:

That is a wonderful idea…

Comment provided February 17, 2011 at 6:23 AM

Hello, I think that this is a really good offer, and I would like to receive these emails as it will help me to come up with ideas for articles. Its not easy to think of something to write an article about, and I do sometimes suffer from a mental block.

Comment provided February 17, 2011 at 7:33 AM

Seem like a great idea, will be trying this. Thanks.

Comment provided February 17, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Larry LaFata writes:

The stats EzineArticles provides are fantastic. The title assist is another great tool.

Comment provided February 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Sam Phillips Sr writes:

Sounds great… thanks!

Comment provided February 17, 2011 at 7:50 PM

cardboard boxes writes:

This is such a good idea. It would shorten the research time and make me more efficient by letting me focus on writing as opposed to fishing for keywords.
Excellent job!

Comment provided February 18, 2011 at 3:58 AM

Janet Vasil writes:

I like the title suggestion feature – anyone can use a little help in keyword research and creativity. I plan to try it.

Comment provided February 18, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Nick Mutt writes:

“The site’s security certificate is not trusted!
You attempted to reach members.EzineArticles.com, but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by your computer’s operating system. This may mean that the server has generated its own security credentials, which Google Chrome cannot rely on for identity information, or an attacker may be trying to intercept your communications. You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.”

Comment provided February 19, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Ilana Moore writes:

I think this is a great idea and would love to have suggestions sent to me. A few test runs that I did were not so successful, though, so I’m wondering if there is a way to tailor the results. In any case, thanks for this great tool.

Comment provided February 20, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Jim Enterline writes:

I’m a platinum writer and have not received these emails.

I’ve tried the previous suggestion tool with mixed results, but would benefit from daily ideas. I agree with several others that 24 hours is a little short.

Comment provided February 20, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Crisologo writes:

This is a new breakthrough for experts authors since it’s really hard to find new titles when you’re writing lots of articles. Given some options to select suggested titles lessen the burden of finding titles for us to write about. Thank you for the new development.

Comment provided February 21, 2011 at 3:39 AM

You are so correct about that. Choosing titles is very difficult. I’ve tried using the Thesaurus, and I’ve also tried brainstorming with friends and fellow writers.

When you are writing lots of articles, it’s so true finding titles is really the hardest part, it really is a challenge. I know very few authors don’t write as much as I do, but I even had troubles with this back when I only had 800-1000 articles, now with 22,575 it can be a major obstacle. Crislogo is absolutely correct on this fact.

Crisologo writes:

Thank you Lance for your support. It’s really hard to find new titles when you’re joining articles challenge like the “100 Articles in 100 Days” where you’ve to scratch your head to look for new article titles. This new development is a welcome to us expert authors.

Comment provided February 21, 2011 at 4:40 AM

travel day writes:

It’s so so simple, just do what title sugsestion give, everything flom :)

Comment provided February 21, 2011 at 5:11 AM

Norfolk Terrier writes:

Thank you Lance for your support.

Comment provided February 21, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Jacquelyn Dunn writes:

I love the title suggestions and use them all the time. Sometimes it is so hard to keep coming up with new titles
but now I don’t have to. Thanks for this option.

Comment provided February 28, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Nick Kellingley writes:

Is it safe to assume this feature will include Diamond members too?

I haven’t used a title yet mainly because they’ve been a bit too generic for the niche which the recommendations have come for. (All my automotive stuff touches on China, as that’s where my client’s business is). But I’ve very much liked the way they can spark additional ideas for me.

Comment provided March 30, 2011 at 10:48 AM

YES, Diamond members will now also receive these email reports.