Avoiding Account Suspension

Imagine if you will …Account Suspension Graphic

You’re feeling good. You woke up this morning refreshed and ready to go. You made your favorite coffee and everything in the world appears aligned. You made a pact with yourself to dedicate a few hours to increasing your website traffic by writing several new articles and submitting them to EzineArticles.

So with great gusto, you start typing out your first article. You edit it and think to yourself while proofing, “I’m good.” This article is GREAT and I’m going to get SO MUCH TRAFFIC from it.

So with your good mood still intact, you switch over to your member’s interface and BAM! A message is displayed for you: “Your account has been suspended from future submissions. This means you will not be able to submit any new articles until your account is restored to good-standing. Please contact us with any questions.”

All of sudden you feel everything come to a halt. While stepping aside from your computer you tip over your coffee into your keyboard and sparks fly. Your prior sense of greatness turns into confusion as your mind scrambles to figure out why your account was suspended.

Have you been there? If you have, understanding these seven common errors will help you make sure it doesn’t happen again. If not, you should still continue reading so you can make sure account suspension never happens to you.

7  Common Errors that Result in Account Suspension:

1. Identical Article Resubmission – In other words, the author resubmits the same article without making the recommended changes. Don’t waste our time or yours by resubmitting what has not been accepted the first time without making any changes. If you feel we made the wrong decision, write to us explaining your view. We’ll listen. :-)

2. Invalid Author Name – The author name must comply with our author name guidelines which are posted in our Editorial Guidelines (Section 2.c)

3. More Than One Account – We don’t allow more than one account per person. We will suspend the member’s additional account(s) until the issue is resolved and the accounts are merged. Only one account per human please.

4. Email Bouncing – If your email is not working, fix it or change your account email to another valid address.

5. Repeated Offenders – If multiple articles on your account are rejected for the same reason, and you have made no effort to avoid the repeated error, your account will be suspended.

6. Scams – If you are trying to scam us or are using us as a vehicle to scam others, that generally leads to account deletion.

7. Ripped Content – When you blatantly rip off someone’s work and claim it as your own, your account will be suspended. We only accept content that is 100% exclusively owned by YOU. We don’t accept derivatives/article vomit of others works or PLR (private label rights) content.

Account suspension isn’t pretty, but it is necessary to ensure that EzineArticles continues to be the highest quality article writing and marketing platform in the world. Account suspension is also avoidable and can typically be undone once the problem has been rectified. All you need to do is follow our Editorial Guidelines and avoid the 7 common errors listed above.

Now, go write and submit your next set of articles for more traffic back to your website, and keep these 7 errors in mind so that account suspension doesn’t happen to you.

Mark Pitts writes:

We have noted the above issues, just got to do our first article in the next few days.

Comment provided February 8, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Amit Bhawani writes:

Perfectly written. This is true many marketers feel that EzineArticles is a site through which they would get quick backlinks and they would start submitting articles which were acquired from PLR Sites.

This is completely wrong. Contribute Original & Get Targeted Traffic in the Long Run!

Comment provided February 8, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Even the most well ethical writers may have duplicate submissions. Keeping track of what you wrote and submitted is a process in itself. Thanks heaves my process still works and only once in a while do I inadvertently resubmit an article.

Additionally by saving all documents first in word I can prove that I was the original author. Also I always give credit where credit is due because that simple action exemplifies your authenticity.

Comment provided February 8, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Leanne,

This is an honest mistake and does happen. We simply alert you to it, we don’t take the account suspension road with this scenario. :)

K writes:

Regarding multiple accounts:

I have several websites of my own where I employ different writers for each website. I also have several SEO/marketing clients, and I give them each their own identity. I manage the content and accounts for all these different writers and clients.

They’re all in different niches or would like to remain independent of other clients’ websites.

So I use a unique EzineArticle identity for each website project and client. This works great because you give each identity its own author page, RSS feed and its own independent connection to all that specific author’s social media accounts.

The problem is EzineArticles has a 50 identity limit. Is there a proper way to increase that limit on an account in good standing?

I ask this because I thought I’d just open a second account with an additional 50 identities available, but from this post it appears you don’t want members doing that.

I could technically open new accounts for each of my clients under their names and emails, but since I’m the one managing the content and accounts, that would create a bit of a tedious nightmare of logging in/logging out of different accounts. I’d really, really prefer to manage everything under one account.

So is there a solution for someone like me or do I have to start doubling up websites/clients on single identities (which I’d really prefer not to do)? Is this 50 author limit raised for paid, premium members?

Thanks!

Comment provided February 8, 2011 at 10:53 AM

K,

We don’t encourage having one account for 50 authors. Our membership account pen names (alternate author names with a max of 50) was established to allow independent authors to use variations of their names or pen names that are specific to a niche to help build credibility and branding.

The best practice is for each author to have their own account. Although tedious for you because they have given you access to their accounts, it prevents ownership disputes in the future.

Also, we do not allow any more than 50 alternate author names no matter what membership level you are in.

Landro Deborgey writes:

Thank you for warning. I agree to the fact that EzinArticle suspend accounts as it permit keep high level performence and integrity. But also it is possible not doing these things express. May be it will be better warning for example three times before suspending acount. I very hope it won’t happen to me. Nice day!

Comment provided February 8, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Mel Menzies writes:

I endorse all that Leanne has said above. I set up a system when I started blogging three years ago, which gives each article an ID number, title, URL, meta tags, category, which carnivals I’ve submitted it to, and if I’ve repurposed it for EzineArticles. It’s simple. But it works! And again, like Leanne, all my articles exist first as Word documents, and I always link / credit quotes I use.

Comment provided February 8, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Mel,

This is a great organization example and also helps you create your portfolio. One you can visit often and use to churn out more ideas for future articles. There is nothing better than going back and re-reading your previous articles and realizing that you now have 5-10 more ideas for future articles.

Thank you and Leanne for the examples!

Robert kutney writes:

I have no website or blog. I am a novice in the field of electronic correspondence. I am still gathering information. I am recently retired and simply do not want to rush into anything I cannot control. I’m sure you can appreciate my position.
I love to write, respond, review, and create, but I need to know where and how to go about placing my written words into their proper venues. Please continue to forward all viable information that will essentially assist me in my sophomoric endeavor. Thanks, RGK.

Comment provided February 8, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Jim Ferrell writes:

Thanks for the post! It is good that you furnish this info as it keeps the unethical ones out.

Comment provided February 8, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Devon K writes:

Writing for EzineArticles only will never do a thing for your “ratings”; because even if you have fifty articles, they are all on one website. Ratings come from having “quality” links on multiple quality websites. It’s the ability to have our work picked up by “OTHER” websites that we can gain the Ratings for our work here on EzineArticles.

Traffic generation comes from the actual content that we write combined with it’s distribution. The better the content and the more places it’s posted, the better the chance we’ll get traffic. A bad work posted to a hundred websites will equal the same traffic as having it posted nowhere.

However, traffic is a useless goal to begin with – you want “conversions” – people who go from visitor to buyer, subscriber, member, etc. They are the only ones that matter because they are the ones using your products and services. You can’t get them without offering truly quality work. Thus Mediocre Work = Minor Traffic; but Quality Work = Conversions!

This is massively over-simplified; but if you don’t have quality, usable content it won’t do a single thing for you anyway.

Comment provided February 8, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Emily writes:

Well said and thank you..I am a newbie and do not have a site up yet as I am still gathering info and researching…but I will be back sooner than you think.

Devon, I concur with Emily. You appear to have a good grasp on the concept. :)

pawan jha writes:

Well said, Devon.

Quality indeed matters. posting a quality article on multiple directories fructify traffic inflow on a website.

Sometimes, Ezine sounds temperamental in the context of rejecting articles on the ground of grammar while some published articles itself seem violating its own rule.

However, I respect the kind of code of conducts that Ezine maintained for writers to ensure its reputation on the web be intact.

Thanks for the heads up…better to know the guidelines clearly…it’s very frustrating when google adwords rejects an ad without any CLEAR explanation.

Comment provided February 8, 2011 at 7:52 PM

nassorn writes:

I definitely don’t want my account get suspension.

Being aware of the 7 errors safe my account. Thank you Penny.

Comment provided February 8, 2011 at 7:57 PM

It’s a little off topic but I predict this post brings an all time high open rate for your feed with the title ‘Avoiding Account Suspension’. Everyone’s going to wonder what they did wrong. Too funny.

Comment provided February 8, 2011 at 8:23 PM

David Geoffrey writes:

I agree that the reasons for account suspension are valid and necessary to keep EzineArticles.com high quality and one of the best article sites out there.

When submitting my first article I was pleasantly surprised at the number of rules to comply with to ensure that the article is of highest quality.

Good work EzineArticles, keep it up!

Comment provided February 9, 2011 at 8:19 AM

In this article ‘Avoiding Account Suspension’, the writer points out several reasons for an account to be suspended. Personal success and good credibility will depend on following specific guidelines. Thank you for making this information available. This article is a good tool for weeding “bad-grass”.

Comment provided February 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM

harsh shetty writes:

Nicely Explained from the Managing Editor of EzineArticles. Just don’t understand one single thing, why do these SEO guys just back off from sites like EzineArticles. they spoil the whole content and hard work put in by others by submitting these articles after spinning them. I have been a victim before. Sooper Articles does’nt even notice that they are being conned ; or actually all they want is traffic. They can never ever beat EzineArticles in any way.

Comment provided February 11, 2011 at 12:45 AM

prokash sarkar writes:

The 7 suspension points are very important for me. I have blog . So I have to write articles.I am trying my best to overcome all difficulties . Of course I don’t want that my article be suspended.

Comment provided February 11, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Rohitdave writes:

Hope this is the right place to post.
I am a newbie and was thrilled that my article was accepted on this web site, I am still getting familiar with this site.
Thanks for the opportunity !
Rohit Dave

Comment provided February 12, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Ajeet Khurana writes:

Having your account suspended can be quite discouraging. At the same time, I think that EzineArticles needs to keep up its standards. Otherwise when differentiates them from the ocean of other sites.

More power to you. I think that you have probably increased your speed of account suspensions recently :)

As long as you are listening and can overlook honest mistakes, I think we are all going to emerge stronger from this.

Comment provided February 15, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Jim Enterline writes:

Those of us who are legitimate understand and agree with these guidelines. On the rare occasion that an author gets an article rejected it causes a bad case of anxiety. The one thing that would help us, would be more defined causes of rejection instead of a broad list of half a dozen things to sort from.

Comment provided March 14, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Raluca Simion writes:

thanks for your article. one question though: once you are on the account suspended road, can you do something to set things straight?

Comment provided October 24, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Raluca,

Yes, you may contact our Member Support team and they will assist in helping you correct the problem(s).

Khateya Lee writes:

This should be helpful and beneficial to both ezine and members.

Comment provided January 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Jennifer Wiss writes:

It would be far more efficient if you didn’t just display that ‘account suspended’ notice but actually told people what the problem was and gave them the opportunity to correct it straight away rather than leaving them waiting/guessing.

I have just received this notice after contributing a good number of quality articles that receive some decent traffic to the site. I appreciate the idea is to contact member services but the replies are always so slow, sometimes I have to contact again because I get no response – and it’s a frustrating process.

This is extremely discouraging and one of a number of incidents that have put me off using Ezine altogether.

Comment provided January 22, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Jennifer,

I’m sorry to hear about the challenges you’re encountering. If you’ll check your inbox, you’ll find that we’ve already contacted you via email. I can promise you that we will do our best to resolve this situation and hopefully return you to the status of contributing author.

Marc

Mel Rymill writes:

I agree with Jennifer. It would be nice if the “edit article” option remained valid during the suspension and if accounts were given a 24 hour warning before suspension commenced to allow authors to make the necessary changes.

I just received my first suspension (I accidentally submitted one of my research docs) and it took only an hour or two to get to that status yet I’ll have to wait at least 24 to get any feedback to my response.

That’ll teach me for posting while sick I guess =)

Comment provided March 5, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Hi Mel,

We apologize if your account was suspended in error. We suspend accounts immediately so as to protect those involved regarding any infringement on their intellectual property. As the email you provided is not attached to your account I am not able to see the article that was flagged, however a member of our Support team will be in contact with you shortly so as to have this issue resolved promptly.

We hope you feel better!

-Vanessa

Avneet Narang writes:

My premium membership was cancelled. I submit 10-15 articles daily. So, out of those if 4-5 get rejected and I rectify and get them approved, does that still imply that my account will be suspended? And, when I ask what was the problem in my article, no one responds. I was a platinum author and have more than 200 approved articles.

Comment provided April 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Hi Avneet,

We will contact you privately regarding your EzineArticles account.

I see that a member of our Support Team was recently in contact with you on April 5th regarding your Premium membership.

~Vanessa

Alberto Posse writes:

Hi there,

How can I restore my good standing and start publishing articles again? I believe I deleted the duplicate article, which caused the suspension. I did not even expect it is a duplicate because I wrote it myself.

Comment provided September 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Hi Alberto,

Thank you for removing the article. I see you have a message in to our Member Support Team. We will address the issue privately so please keep an eye out for a response to your email shortly.

~Vanessa

Samana bukhari writes:

My account got suspended. How to get it back?

Comment provided October 6, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Hi Samana,

I see that you have been in contact with our Member Support Team and your account has been reinstated. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

~Vanessa

Alberto Posse writes:

Thank you Vanessa. All is well now in my account.

Best

Comment provided October 21, 2013 at 8:11 AM

jose junior writes:

Hello, I’ve been out of the community for a long time due to my offline job. But I’m back and tried to to submit an article and found that my account was suspended. Reading the “7 reasons” I couldn’t find anything that could have caused the suspension.
Anyway, I’ve emitted a support ticked.
Let’s hope I get some answer soon, so I can make the necessary changes if needed.

Comment provided October 30, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Hi Jose,

~Vanessa

Pawaan Jha writes:

EzineArticles is arrogant, frankly.

I had stopped submitting on this selfish-motivated article submission website months ago. Previously my account was suspended on account of some silly reasons but it didn’t answer my question that I followed one of its guidelines regarding the submission. Actually, I had submitted an article on it and two days later I had submitted the article on another directory, which made EzineArticles suspected that I had plagiarized the content (but it forgot my name and website address and other vital info that I had shared this directory).

Well, couldn’t pocket the insult – searched Google for websites with huge PR (some are bigger than EzineArticles), posted my articles and blogs there and see, I got the result – very encouraging users’ visit. All I believe is that if I CAN write Quality articles, then WHY THE HECK should I be dependable on EzineArticles or another platform? I believe, EzineArticles is taking advantage out of people’s ignorance.

Thank you, EzineArticles. If it weren’t you, I would remain be a dumb not to have explored other lucrative options.

Comment provided November 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Pawaan,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. It’s definitely food for thought for us and our Expert Authors alike. I’m curious if any of our any other members would care to chime in on this subject?

I’m sincerely dismayed that our platform didn’t suit your needs. Sadly, we can’t be everything to everybody.

Best of luck in your article writing and marketing endeavors.

Marc

Kevin O Garland writes:

I’ve been member for EzineArticles since 2012.. and now i’m back to submit few articles..

I originally want to submit 18 articles at a go.. but only done 2 as my account has been suspended.

This happens EVERYTIME i submit any articles.
I submitted 2 recently..
1 was approved.. and another was “Account has been suspended”.

Always killing the “Kick of the day”…
I’ve emitted a support ticked. And still awaiting reply… i think it’s been 2 days since a reply came back..

Please help..

Comment provided December 6, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Hi Kevin,

Please contact us in Member Support and we can provide further assistance. Here’s the link: http://ezinearticles.com/contact.html

Medha Raut writes:

Nicely explained from the Managing Editor of EzineArticles.
Quality indeed does matter. But sometimes Ezine rejects articles on the grounds of grammar when all that was wrong with those articles were the inclusion of some regional nouns which were essential and core to the subject of the article.
However, I respect the kind of code of conduct that Ezine maintained for writers to ensure its reputation on the web be intact.

Comment provided September 14, 2016 at 7:15 AM

Hatem Mostafa writes:

Concerning repeated offenders.

I have submitted 6 articles that where all rejected due to the same error, the point is that I submitted all those articles at the same time, so for me it’s the first time to see that error.

Comment provided September 19, 2016 at 7:52 AM