Getting stuck in traffic doesn’t have to be a bad thing.
Isn’t it ironic that you try so hard to avoid heavy traffic while driving in your daily life, but on the Internet things are exactly the opposite — you spend a good chunk of your time trying to figure out how to find yourself in the middle of more of it.
The real question is how do you go about driving more traffic to your articles?
Creating article titles that will drive a ton of traffic to your articles was another hot topic inside the EzineArticles Formula’s first class, so I wanted to give you a few tips you can start using today.
Five Tips to Creating Article Titles that Will Maximize Your Traffic Results:
- Let EzineArticles Do the Work for You – Inside your Member Interface, under Author Tools, you will find the option, Title Suggestions. EzineArticles has over a decade of experience, and we’re using terabytes of data to come up with titles for you. This could be the “golden ticket” you’ve been waiting to find.
- Use a 3rd Party Service to Find Great Keywords – Finding good keywords to incorporate in your articles can make the difference between people detouring around your site and opening the highway to new visitors. Services like Google Insight, Google Suggest, and Wordtracker.com will provide you with the most popular keywords used in searches.
- Use Benefit-Oriented Keywords – From your list of potential keywords, pick those that are most benefit-oriented to your readers. For example, if you have a choice between learn and discover, go with discover. Often times, “learning” is associated with work, whereas “discovering” is viewed as fun exploration.
- Use the Long Tail to Successfully Position Your Articles – At the head of the keyword distribution curve, you will find the most popular keywords used in searches. Toward the tail end, you will find the more specific keywords that are used less in searches. If you only use keywords toward the head, you may find your articles lost in the abyss of the Internet.
On the other hand, if you exclusively use keywords near the tail, you may find there isn’t enough traffic to pull from. The trick is finding the right balance and using keywords that span across the entire long tail. Write between 20-30% towards the head of the tail to keep yourself in the game by writing that perfectly-optimized article that’s viewed by 1000’s, and write the remaining 70-80% for the middle of the long tail to pick up some traffic in a less competitive area.
- Don’t Use Special Characters in the Title of Your Article – For best search results, stay away from using tildes, asterisks, quotes or any other related characters. If you include them, you may confuse the search engines.
There you have it. These five tips will help you generate a traffic-filled highway towards your site.
Sign up for The EzineArticles Formula’s second class starts tomorrow!
If you have an interest in discovering a ton of tips and secrets that allow you to take your article writing and marketing efforts to new heights, enroll in The EzineArticles Formula tomorrow, January 20th, starting at 12p.m., CST at EzineArticlesFormula.com.
I’ll see you there!