Keep Your Body in Great Shape

A well-balanced, nutritional diet and exercise will do wonders for your article body.

If you want to keep your body finely tuned, you’ll likely resort to working out and eating a healthy diet to achieve the results you’re after. Part of eating a healthy diet is providing your body with the proper nourishment to burn calories.

Taking that analogy over to the world of article writing and marketing, you also need to give the body of your article proper exercise, diet and nourishment to achieve the results you’re after. The results, in this case, being a ton of qualified traffic and an increase in long-term customers.

Creating a Compelling Article Body

In the spirit of New Year’s resolution season, it seems like the perfect time to share a few tips to shaping and toning the perfect (article) body. Consider these tips to writing great content:

1. Learn Basic HTML – Think about the articles or newsletters that capture your attention online. Most likely you’ll come to the conclusion that some HTML was used to design those pieces. The good news is that it’s not very difficult to learn some basic HTML, and basic HTML skills are all that you’ll need to make a dramatic difference in the look and feel of your articles. Of course, it isn’t necessary to know HTML to benefit from article writing and marketing, but it helps.

2. Introduce Appropriate White Space – Make sure you have plenty of white space in the body of your article. Articles are much easier to read when they aren’t all stuffed together.

3. Make Sure Your Content is Original and You Own It – The whole point of article writing and marketing is to share your expertise with your audience. Once you’re labeled as “the expert,” you’ll be in a great position to drive those folks to your site and turn them into long-term customers. However, if you steal content, your readers will see you for who you are and will likely stop reading your articles.

4. Give More Than Just Fluff – Make sure you have quality content in the body of your article instead of a bunch of fluff leading up to the hype of one of your products. Your readers are expecting you to be an expert and maybe even relying on your expertise to make decisions for their business or lives. If you aren’t delivering your readers great content and all they get is a steady stream of sales messages, you will likely lose your audience before you ever get the chance to reap the benefits.

5. Keep Your Articles Clean – Double and triple check articles for proper English and grammar. There’s no faster way to lose credibility with your audience than syndicating an article that’s littered with grammar and spelling mistakes. Remember, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. This one is completely in your control, so exercise your power and make sure your articles are clean before making them public.

These tips encompass just one of many different lessons covered in The EzineArticles Formula. The comprehensive training course covers article body basics along with many other topics.

5 Days Left to Enroll in The EzineArticles Formula

Enrollment for the course started last week, and seats are filling up fast. We’ve increased the cap to 250 students for this class, which opens up an additional 50 seats, but we won’t extend things beyond that. Don’t miss your chance to discover all about this proven marketing strategy and what it can do for your bottom line. Go here to enroll today: http://EzineArticlesFormula.com

Vaclav Gregor writes:

The best article I’ve read here so far! I’ve just realize that I need to put more white space in my articles.
Thanks,
Greg

Comment provided January 26, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Kevin Timothy writes:

These are all great tips, especially #5. Proof read them like crazy and treat your articles like a newborn baby. These articles stay online for what seems like forever, so take these tips seriously. They work!

Comment provided January 26, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Evelyn Belanger writes:

I enjoyed your graphics. I have looked into all kinds of diet and weight loss programs. I like your suggestions

Comment provided January 26, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Loren Greig writes:

Great fun! I love the analogy with the physical body – it definitely captured my attention immediately. The points you make are important to creating well written articles with valuable information and that are also easy to read. I do enjoy reading crisp, clean articles the most and white space is so important in capturing and holding the attention of readers. Thanks for the great post and tips. Loren

Comment provided January 26, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Yes everyone should trim the fat and not let their articles turn into a Juvenile Diabetes bloated disaster!

Comment provided January 26, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Very informative. I’ve been writing articles off the cuff and now I have learned the exact way to go about writing an article. Thanks.

Comment provided January 27, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Annette T Rutledge writes:

I appreciate the information in the article. I look forward to applying it in the future. I am a newbie in this
business and would love to take the course. However the price is a little to steep for me right now. I want to thank you for this little snippet of information though.

Comment provided January 27, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Ahmad Raza writes:

# 3 is most important point but what to do if my content is published some else where?

Comment provided January 28, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Rob, Director of Online Education writes:

Ahmad-

If you see that someone else has published your original content, and has not given you credit by including your resource box, your only real recourse is to try and track that person down, and talk to them.

Many times just by having a conversation with the person who re-purposed your content, you can solve the matter.

Unfortunately, the only way to make sure you never have content stolen is to remove all of your content from the internet, and obviously you wouldn’t want to do that.

Kerry Coleman writes:

Tip number five is like, “Location, location, location” is to real estate. When I read an article and I encounter one error, I keep reading. When I encounter the next error, especially if it is one where I have to try and figure out what the author meant, I stop reading. It’s the same as going to a website and the page won’t download quickly. You leave the page. Writing articles represents a time investment and it’s unfortunate to lose a potential reader because the extra care wasn’t taken to make sure the article was error free.

Comment provided January 28, 2011 at 10:30 AM

CHARLES NJOROGE writes:

Great analogy. Good health means better and longer life. A well written and placed article will attract many readers and last long on site.

Comment provided January 30, 2011 at 6:29 PM

yodz writes:

I now realized the importance of the “white space” technique. I never consider that before. These are nice stuff – worth reading.

Comment provided January 31, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Cherie writes:

Thank you for such a timely reminder about the do’s and don’ts for article writers. Quality content is so powerful but I love using white space as you have reiterated in this article. It is like underlining a point without it being right in face. Thanks again

Comment provided February 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Good day!
all tips are very helpful and it can be your guide in writing articles like this….
Thanks a lot!…