#HAHD 6 is Coming Up Fast – Starts January 10th!

Are you ready? The 6th, and final, “100 Articles in 100 Days Marathon Challenge” (#HAHD) begins in just 4 days!

This challenge (and article writing and marketing, in general) requires a “marathoner’s mentality.” It takes a strong commitment to write high-quality, original articles consistently over a long period of time. That’s exactly the level of consistency you’ll want to develop if you want to be truly successful at article writing and marketing.

To qualify*, sign up and submit at least 100 qualifying articles of 400 words or more anytime between 12:01AM CT-US Monday, January 10th and 11:59PM CT-US Sunday, April 19th. Once those 100 articles are approved, you’re qualified!

#HAHD 6 will be the final installment of this writing marathon series, so step up and help make it the most productive challenge ever.

Sign-Up and Prize Details

• You can sign up now! Check your Member’s Area Homepage for the sign-up link.
  • We’re still pulling together the final pieces of the #HAHD 6 prize package, so we’ll be announcing that come Monday.

Looking for some extra inspiration and motivation to sign up? Take a minute to read “Write 100 Articles In 100 Days Challenge – The Top 10 Lessons I Learned” and discover what one Expert Author learned from participating in #HAHD 5.

Once you’re committed, let the rest of the article writing and marketing world know about it by leaving a comment below. Also, share your plans with your social network by tweeting your intentions – or click here and we’ll write the tweet for you!

* The Fine Print:

1. To qualify, all articles must be submitted under the same author name. Articles from multiple author names may not be combined. Members may qualify multiple times under multiple author names.
  2. Participants are required to sign-up for this challenge prior to its completion on April 19th.
  3. Qualification is based on submission date, not approval date, of articles. However, articles must inevitably be approved to qualify.
  4. Prizes will be shipped to anywhere in the world via USPS to the postal mailing address listed in the member profile and to verifiable postal mailing addresses ONLY.

Owais Siddiqui writes:

I’m In

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Deanna Diaz writes:

Have the prizes been announced yet?

Deanna, you can find a list of the #HAHD 6 prizes here:

This is gonna be Crazy! Yeap! I’ve just finished my HAHD#5 a few weeks back, and the experience of writing 100 articles is really wonderful for me :) I think I’m gonna take this up one more time!

Guys reading this blog post, hesitate no more!

Just Do It!

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Rob Playford writes:

I’m writing this article after taking up the HAHD challenge 98 days ago, back in September. As the New Year is upon us I thought I’d dedicate one of my final few articles to this writing challenge that I have spent some much time on over the past 3 months or so.

I first came across this article writing challenge on Twitter and was instantly interested. People who had taken part in the past spoke very highly of this challenge as a real good motivator for creating more quality content. Some people mentioned that thanks to this challenge they had even managed to write whole books throughout the process.

After reading so much good press on this topic I decided to give it a shot. One hundred articles in one hundred days, how hard could that be? If I could manage to get in the habit of writing each day it shouldn’t be a problem. Starting off with the best intentions I was ahead of my quota of one article a day. After a few weeks or so it seemed easier to procrastinate a little and have a little break, leaving myself a heavy task for the weekends of five articles. I soon realised this is probably not the best plan as it requires you to rush certain topics a little bit more than you’d like!

The benefits I have experienced during this whole process definitely make it worth taking part:

The Challenge – nothing like a chance to see what you’re capable of. I was very new to writing articles at the stage when I took on the challenge and thanks to this my writing technique has definitely improved.

Links- I’ve just started a business with a friend and the relevant links that you get in return for your content has been very helpful for helping us stand well in the search engine results.

Learning- 100 articles is a vast amount of information and as a result you’ll end up learning no end of new knowledge as you search out new topics for new material.

Accomplishment- As I come towards the end of my penultimate article, the personal sense of achievement is great. There was certainly moments when I was over 10 articles behind schedule and doubted whether I could finish, thankfully just the one left now!

I would absolutely recommend this challenge to absolutely anyone. I was new to writing articles and this challenge was just the ticket.

Once you get your first article published, beware you might catch the writing bug!

Give the HAHD Challenge some thought

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Thanks for the glowing testimonial for #HAHD! :-)

Cathy Chapman writes:

I’m in! With this being the last one I’m going to program myself with every article that article writing is a wonderful habit wither or not you receive wonderful prizes.

After this challenge I’ll be challenging myself to continue what I’ve begun.

Thanks so much.

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Cathy Chapman writes:

I might even learn to spell with the next one…

Blaine Moore writes:

I’m in, as usual! I actually got off to a late start for the last challenge – one thing led to another and it was December before I knew it. I wasn’t able to do the double #HAHD but still got through with 105 articles at least. I’ve now completed the 3rd, 4th and 5th HAHD challenges (double in one of htem, the 4th, I think.)

Out of curiosity, why is #6 going to be the final one? It seems like a popular system and well worth continuing.

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 11:43 AM

We felt that #HAHD has had its day in the sun and that it was time to move on to something new. Despite their popularity, the #HAHD challenges do have some shortcomings and limitations. We’re not 100% sure where we’re going to go from here – perhaps a new series of repeating challenges or perhaps something totally different. Whatever we come up with, I can assure you that it’ll be fun and motivating for our members.

Blaine Moore writes:

Certainly understandable.

Another option, especially since you’ve already programmed in the #HAHD functionality to the members area, is to put in a “personal #HAHD” challenge that somebody can start whenever they want.

Instead of clicking on a link to enroll on one that starts on a certain date, give them a “Start #HAHD” link that would then give them 100 days to put in 100 articles. No prizes, just a little more accountability, maybe some automated emails at the half way and final month mark to encourage somebody, etc.

You could even mention it in a welcome email or followup shortly after somebody creates a new EzineArticles account as a way to see quick results from the system.

My 2 cents…take it for what it’s worth. :)

Terrie writes:

Sounds like a good idea except the no prizes part! lol. I just broke my EzineArticles mug and I need another one. Please EzineArticles, put a mug in this prize package for the final HAHD.

Blaine Moore writes:

Heh, that reminds me, I’ve got some coupons for cartoon mugs from EzineArticles that I never used. Oh well, one of these days, maybe. heheh

Lisa writes:

ooo get my cartoon caption mug :p

I like Blaine’s idea of allowing the personal goals section. Maybe you could create a “Monthly Goals” tool for the Member’s Area where the member can plug in their own goal and watch the progress bar move throughout the month.

Devon K writes:

Since we’re part of a community of very creative people, perhaps you could hold a competition to come up with new writing competitions. You can then offer prizes to those suggestions that you want to use and then use them however and whenever you feel like.

Thanks for the suggestion, Devon. It’s definitely something for us to keep in mind as we proceed. :-)

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Yeah I agree with Blaine Moore, HAHD should continue or EzineArticles should come up with something better to keep writers awake (at least for 100 days)

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Heather Greaves writes:

Big breath in. Hands over heart. I’ve committed.

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Terrie writes:

Why are the challenges ending? Well I guess I’d better sign up and get this one done.

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Terrie, see my reply to Blaine.

Terrie writes:

Ah yes, thanks!

John Robertson writes:

I’m definitely in again – i learned a lot about article writing, commitment, productivity, and pacing things out from participating in HAHD 5, and that just gave me loads more ideas to write about to keep me going.

Bring it on! :)

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Adam Snyder writes:

I am getting prepared for the 6th challenge. I hope to have more articles than than I have done in the last couple challenges combined. It will be fun and I can’t wait to see what happens after this final installment.

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Elle Peterson writes:

I went crazy to complete my 108 articles… so I can’t wait to get my 200 or 300 articles now… and get a crazy bonus :-)

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Frankie Cooper writes:

Can’t wait for the challenge to start. Preparing now to for the competition. Ready, set, go read, research, study, and write and write and write some more.

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 6:24 PM

With only 10 days left in the #HAHD 5 I joined and completed the 100 articles in the aloted time. It was really quite a challenge. But I could do it. This challenge I will have the benefit of the entire time. I may try for the bonus and write 200. :)

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Cathy Chapman writes:

Way to go!!!

Glen Ford writes:

Last one? Oh dang … and here I was hoping to get my triple done this time … and since I barely finished the double I was hoping to have a couple of tries to get there.

I have to repeat the comments so far … the HAHD has been wonderful for motivation. My output (and hopefully quality) has increased amazingly since I started HAHD#3. And the swag was pretty nifty too!

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 9:06 PM

1. Dearly Beloved EzineArticles:
2. All that can be said is that this marathon is a great one to run.
3. There are only two outcomes, either to have planted a lot of trees and get to sit under the grown trees and enjoy the shade as well as eat the fruits of all the efforts or to have joined the group that got bitten by the excusities bug.
4. Yes, a load of different events came up amidst all other normal daily routines et al, but the discipline, dedication, diligence, determination, and other virtues that lead to feeling, finding, following, fulfilling and finishing a goal has been learnt and the learning that leads to action continues.
5. Here goes another opportunity of a lifetime to run a race within hundred days that is a once in a lifetime experience.
6. Thank you for setting up this system and many more ideas to come up with in the future.
7. Remain blessed and a blessing with God speed.
8. Regards, Olakunle Solomon Fatoye.

Comment provided January 7, 2011 at 3:41 AM

I’m in!!! :D x

Comment provided January 7, 2011 at 3:51 AM

Susan Kersley writes:

I’m signing up again even though I said ‘no more.’ The challenge certainly motivates me to keep writing. I found the article suggestions were great at enabling lots of new ideas for articles when I felt stuck.
I hope there’ll be another mug too. Love the mugs I’ve collected so far and the rug is great for after yoga relaxation.

Comment provided January 7, 2011 at 4:19 AM

Currently being 5 for 5 and looking forward to number six, I am curious as to how many authors have completed in all 5 challenges to date. I can appreciate the ongoing desire to continue being forward thinking respective to new ways to encourage authors to submit quality articles. Again, thanks for the opportunity.

Comment provided January 7, 2011 at 5:27 AM

Aomos writes:

Yes what an excellent challenge I am in…. Ana

Comment provided January 7, 2011 at 8:13 AM

Columbia Jones writes:

I’m all in! I have signed up for 2 prior HAHDs and failed both times. I have continued to put things in place to make time for writing articles. So now I’ll go with “persistence pays” and “3 is the charm” and I WILL complete this HAHD on time!!!

Comment provided January 7, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Lawrence Tam writes:

I am up for the challenge. I just gotta remember to do 400 word articles this time!

Comment provided January 7, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Vitus Ejiogu writes:

This is really serious! I’ve just downloaded my Certificate for the just concluded HAHD#5 today, and I am glad I made it to finish line. It’s been a wonderful experience for me writing 100 articles in 100 days. This will be another joyful period to keep myself busy. I’ve just entered the marathon again believing to get there!

You too can pick up the challenge and have fun!!

It’s achievable. I did it and I am HAPPY!!!

Comment provided January 7, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Dane Morgan writes:

Okay, I just logged in and the dashboard says I last logged in “1 year, 83 days, 17 hours, 10 minutes ago”.

I posted two articles all that time ago, which is a little sad given that I thought this was a great idea going in.

So, I’m signed up for this thing and I’m going to jump in and make it happen.

Comment provided January 7, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Finished at 209 for the last one, the first one I had ever done, so I am intrigued to see what the prize will be. For me though its the motivation to keep doing the articles that I like. It has done wonders for links to my sites and am now third of top authors in my niche category! Bring it on.

Comment provided January 7, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Lisa writes:

It’ll be fun to have all 6 #HAHD challenge certificates on my office wall. So I’m in for this one, too. Can’t wait to see what else you come up with for the future.

Comment provided January 7, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Glenn Bronner writes:

And Here Wer Go……..

Comment provided January 7, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Habeeb Rehman writes:

Could not quality last time, this time all the nuts and bolts are well set and am waiting for January the 10.

Comment provided January 7, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Anne Dessens writes:

It’s crazy but I’m hooked on the HAHD! I just completed the HAHD#5. It’s definitely a challenge and you definitely need a marathoner’s mentality. Having run one myself, a marathon is a marathon whether you use your legs or your words!

When you hit that wall at mile 18 or 80 articles, it’s tough. But if you just plug along, you’ll be very proud of your efforts.

The HAHD was the best thing I could have chosen to do for my start-up website, only 4 months old. It’s really given me direction in where I want to go with my writing and my website. I’m ready for the next challenge! Thanks E-Zine!

Comment provided January 8, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Blaine Moore writes:

Which marathon did you run? I’ve been known to run one now and then myself…

Anne Dessens writes:

The La Rochelle, France marathon in 2008. that was my first and I’m committed to doing it again this year, with a few half marathons thrown in. It will make great fodder for this HAHA! Every running race is like a “get to know yourself-lesson in psychology”, don’t you think?

Blaine Moore writes:

I did something new this year and ran the Boston Marathon course at 6 a.m. on New Year’s Day…probably the only time you can run the full course without worrying about traffic other than on race day itself. It was actually the best weather I’ve ever had for that course. My next race is the Ghost Town 38.5. They are definitely fun and addicting.

Tyler Deardon writes:

I automatically know I’m going to win. Oh wait it’s not a competition?

Well it should be! Comon EzineArticles we should be able to compete for total word count. That way I can get some bragging rights and I know a great prize.

How about a front page link to one website of that persons choice? It would be crazy! :)

Comment provided January 8, 2011 at 2:43 AM

Nick Kellingley writes:

I was over ambitious for the last HAHD and signed up with less than 20 days to go – I’ve been writing articles for too many clients who publish using their own author names to actually write my own. I think with a 100 day run up this time, I should manage to get it done.

Comment provided January 8, 2011 at 2:48 AM

Karen writes:

Don’t really have much confidence right now but thinking of joining to get the pressure to start writing and maybe get the confidence along the way.

Comment provided January 8, 2011 at 6:31 AM

Cathy Chapman writes:

You might find it easier if you think of it as 100 short explanations to a friend about your topic.

Be sure and look at the right under categories and notice the article templates. They will give you loads of ideas.

If you’re concerned about the length of the article, try this:

1. Do a search on EzineArticles for your topic.

2. Choose an article at least 400 words.

3. Read it out loud and imagine this is what you are telling a friend, family member, customer, prospect about your product or service.

4. Time it while doing. This is about the length you want. Just a short focused explanation.

5. Now make a list of all the things you would like to say about your topic.

This will get you started.

You can do it!

Karen writes:

Thanks for the advice, Cathy. I feel much more confident now.

emlak writes:

think I’m gonna take this up one more time! thank you so much

Comment provided January 8, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Patricia Hines writes:

I am in. I entered the last HAHD challenge, but could not finish. (A little thing like a heart attack and surgery) got in my way. This time I intend to finish. I am refreshed and ready to write.

Comment provided January 8, 2011 at 7:57 AM

A variety of circumstances (which did wonders for my persecution complex…lol) forced me to wimp out of the last HAHD, something that I was not happy to do. I am really looking forward to this one, I’ll have to see if I can surprise myself, I have a lot of catching up to do!!!

Have fun,

Comment provided January 8, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Elisabeth Kuhn writes:

Last one? I’m definitely in for this one, and I’ll be sure to pace myself better than last time.

Ready for Monday…

And I can’t wait to find out what the follow-up challenge will be…

Comment provided January 8, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Jo Baker writes:

As much as I would like to I am out this time and really disappointed it will be the last one, I was hoping for a lucky seventh to hit my 200 goal.
Broke a bone in my hand three days ago and we are in the middle of looking for a house to buy, so I need to focus elsewhere for the next 2-3 months. Good luck everyone !!!

Comment provided January 9, 2011 at 1:45 AM

Chris J. Kent writes:

I have around 1,500 articles under various pen names on EzineArticles but I plan on going nuts now and writing even more.

What happens if I exceed 200 quality articles? Any chance of another bonus? ;) :)

Comment provided January 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Blaine Moore writes:

There’s usually a double #HAHD bonus.

Chris J. Kent writes:

I thought the double was for the 200 I mentioned?

It’s a shame that there isn’t a competition for most number of articles. And a huge prize for it.

Owais Siddiqui writes:

I completed #4 HAHD double bonus 3 times with different pen names and had 500+ articles on my own ID the double bonus is the final thing that you get

Thom Lancaster writes:

Looking forward to this one, as I think I really improved my article writing last time I participated in one of these.

Keen to hear what the prizes will be, as the extra little incentive always helps. Definitely hope there’s another mug included.

Comment provided January 9, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Habeeb Rehman writes:

The details of prizes would be very interesting, let’s us see what is going to be offered this time.

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Habeeb, that information will be released a little later today. :-)

Donna Houston writes:

if this is the last I am in.
Just posting a comment to check the time, as I am in europe.

Good Luck Everyone

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 4:19 AM

Mary Ruddy writes:

I am definitely in! I so enjoyed the last one, which was my first HAHD challenge and looking forward to beating my personal best this time around!

Good luck to everyone! :)

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 7:30 AM

Faisal writes:

As crazy as it might sound to myslef… I am in on this challenge… Though I consider myself somewhat of a seasoned writer… it’s been a pain and a half to get myself motivated enough to keep myslef on a schedule and don’t miss the milestones that I set for myself… On the other end of this self-challenge I would like to have conquered my fears of Time management and procrastination and would want to be triumphant – proving to myself that I can not only write… but be consistent and persistent about it.

Comment provided January 11, 2011 at 6:06 AM

I’m feeling froggy, I’ll take a shot at this!

Comment provided January 11, 2011 at 7:52 AM

Alzay Calhoun writes:

I’m in. I’ve been seriously contemplating an article marketing campaign for months! This year I finally decided to honor the commitment. I was already on a plan to write 100 articles in the first 3 months. The #HAHD challenge blends perfectly!

My goal is to create a body of content about my business that can be re-purposed. You can’t re-purpose what you haven’t created.

Let’s go,

Comment provided January 11, 2011 at 12:57 PM

James Sorick writes:

Thanks, I’m in. I need this challenge to force me to write more often. Here I go…

Comment provided January 11, 2011 at 5:59 PM

sallychen writes:

Comment provided January 11, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Bennie Winter writes:

I’m in also and looking forward to the marathon. It will tax me to write 100 original articles. Look for me in a couple of days.

Comment provided January 12, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Alan Lord writes:

Well i am 3 days late enrolling so i have a bit of catching up to do but i am going for it. Good luck to everyone involved

Comment provided January 13, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Tony Denson writes:

Yep I am in. this has been churning in me for while. And since the completion of this challenge is two days before the celebration of the capture of Santa Anna which solidified Texas’ Independence… Hell Yeah I am in! Can you guess what will be my 100th article? Texas Grin

Comment provided January 13, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Blaine Moore writes:

Don’t worry about 3 days, Alan – you can do it!

I wound up submitting over 90 of my articles in December for #HAHD5

Comment provided January 14, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Alan Lord writes:

Thanks for your words Blaine that is encouraging…90 articles in a month? Wow!

Comment provided January 14, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Blaine Moore writes:

Yeah – although most of that was in probably about 15 days of actual work given the whole holidays and weekends bit.

When I get into article writing mode I can write 20-30 articles in a day…yesterday I was on a 6 hour flight so I used 4 hours of that to write and got 22 articles written. (Now I just need to submit them.)

elixer amit writes:

I have enrolled it just now. And set my personal goal to 101. Hope i complete it on specified time.

Comment provided January 18, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Piet Hein Bredero writes:

What a good incentive to get started on writing articles and I wil take on the chalenge.
And away we go!

Comment provided January 19, 2011 at 8:13 AM

Do the topics of each article matter? I didn’t notice that in the contest rules (unless I glossed right over it)

Comment provided January 29, 2011 at 3:02 PM

John, you can write the articles on any topic you choose, provided that topic is allowed under our Editorial Guidelines.

Alan Lord writes:

i have just been informed by EzineArticles after however many weeks it is of submitting articles to the HAHD competition that i cannot submit anymore. I assume it is because i have basic plus membership and must pay for premium, but is this not one of the prizes for completing the HAHD? I am pissed off because i think they should have informed me upon enrollment that i would not be able to complete the required submissions.

Comment provided February 2, 2011 at 5:26 AM

Alan I am just another participant and not a staff member of EzineArticles and therefore am only telling you my understanding of things, but you don`t have to pay for premium.
If you are at basic plus and you have submitted your 25 article limit they will either approve you to submit another 25 articles or they will upgrade you to Platinum which is unlimited article submissions. If they haven`t yet approved all your submission you will just have wait, but you can be writing and preparing your next batch of articles.
If any of your current submissions are not approved you will be told what to do to approve them. You then resubmit and when those are approved, you will be able to submit more. So be patient, but keep writing your articles and everything will work out.
I am sure that a member of EzineArticles will confirm this at their first chance. Good luck.

Cathy Chapman writes:

You need to contact customer support because that can’t the reason. I have more than 470 articles live and have never paid for premium.

You could have inadvertently gone against the editorial guidelines or there was some other problem. Customer support will assist. It sometimes takes a few days to hear from them, bu they will get back… I know that from personal experience.

Blaine Moore writes:

That happened to me the first time that I did a #HAHD challenge – it’s normal. It just means that you’ve reached the max number of subscriptions you are allowed given your membership level.

If you wait a day or two (just save your articles in a text file in the meantime) they’ll have reviewed your account and upgraded it. You won’t have to pay for a premium account if you don’t want to.

Alan, I can see that fellow Blog followers have already replied to your comment. I can assure you that you are NOT required to purchase Premium Membership. You have simply reached the limit of submissions for your Basic+ Membership. Your account will be automatically reviewed by one of our Editorial Staff members and additional submissions will be provided. You can view this post to learn more about Membership Levels: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2009/08/upgrade-process-improvement.html

I’m starting to get more articles written for my main site and will certainly have enough ideas for HAHD. The thing will be to make sure I generate enough pages of articles for this.

Time to set out the schedule and get cracking.

Comment provided February 2, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Joshua Ballard writes:

Okay, I’ll give this a try! I’m not very experienced submitting articles here but I’ll do my best!

Comment provided February 7, 2011 at 9:54 AM

A P Geofrey writes:

Well let the best writer win. I am in and hope to make my own impact on the writing scene beginning with this challenge.

Comment provided February 9, 2011 at 9:56 PM

The neat thing about the #HAHD Challenge is that EVERYBODY wins, not just the best author! Even those who don’t qualify gain more traffic, credibility and exposure with every article the submit.

stop smoking writes:

I’m in.

Not sure if I would be able to complete this contest, but I’ve participated successfully to the contest that have been run previously.

Good luck everyone ! :D

Comment provided March 29, 2011 at 5:13 AM

Elisabeth Kuhn writes:

I’ve got a Catch-22 problem or question: Finish HAHD or Get Platinum Status?

I’m more than a bit frustrated. I’ve been told that I was turned down for Diamond Status in part because many of my articles were “too short” meaning not a whole lot longer than 400 words, though I haven’t written shorter ones in ages.

Instead, I’m now supposed to write articles closer to 600 or more words, at least a lot of them.

But those take a whole lot more work, and I can’t write enough of them to keep up with the deadlines (or even want to). I’ve got other work to do.

But I’m worried if I write a whole bunch of articles that are between 400 and 450 words or so, I will sabotage my chances of getting upgraded.

What the heck…? How are others dealing with that?

Thanks for any feedback.

Comment provided April 14, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Lisa Mason writes:

They can be 400-450 words for Diamond Status, as long as they are quality articles. Nearly none of mine are 600 words. More than 600 words and you’re pushing the limits of what people will read on the Internet. 400-600 is a nice “sweet spot” as far as word count goes.

Is it possible you misunderstood what they told you? (not questioning your judgment; just looking for other possibilities.)

Elisabeth Kuhn writes:

Thanks for your feedback, Lisa.

Here’s what I’ve been told:

“They” need to see that “an effort was made to go beyond the minimum.”

And then it said this: “Your articles don’t all have to be close to 750 words, but we like to see some at this level, rather than all articles being just over 400 words.”

Maybe I’m being overly cautious, but I’m reading this as saying that they want a good number of articles to be closer to the higher number.

I guess I’ll start writing a bunch between 410 and 450 for now, and let a bunch of them run higher if I feel inspired instead of trying to make them all closer to 600, at least until I have enough for the contest…

Elisabeth Kuhn writes:

Oops… I meant to write “DIAMOND” status in the first line… Sorry about that.

Comment provided April 14, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Julian writes:

OH my.. my 100th article was submitted 3 minutes late..

Comment provided April 20, 2011 at 12:07 AM