#HAHD 6 Gets Underway Today

The sixth, and final, 100 Articles in 100 Days Marathon Challenge (#HAHD) is underway!

Just think, if you dedicate the time to write just one article every day for the next 100 days, you’d add a completely new dimension of success to your article writing and marketing campaign. So why not start today? After all, today marks Day 1 of #HAHD 6. Have you signed up yet?

The Challenge

To be eligible for #HAHD 6, sign up now through your EzineArticles account. Once you sign up, your objective is to submit at least 100 qualifying articles of 400 words or more anytime between 12:01AM CT-US Monday, January 10th and 11:59PM CT-US Tuesday, April 19th.

If you’re looking for more of a challenge, we’re also holding a Double #HAHD Challenge. Write an additional 100 articles (total of 200) in the same time limit and you’ll be rewarded with a bonus prize!

QUALIFICATION PRIZES:

• All Qualifiers Receive:

1. Downloadable #HAHD Certificate of Achievement (frame not included)
    2. Original Limited-Edition EzineArticles #HAHD Trophy Mug
    3. EzineArticles Leather Coaster
    4. EzineArticles Author’s Brew Coffee
    5. EzineArticles Author’s Brew Tea (Orange Pekoe)
    6. EzineArticles USB-Powered Mug Warmer

• Double #HAHD Challenge Bonus Prize: A Deck of 52 EzineArticles Article Template Cards

• Added Bonus: The top 100 members for total number of approved submissions will also qualify to be selected for 1 of 10 FREE 1-year EzineArticles Premium Membership subscriptions valued at $697 each!

Along with the successful completion of this challenge, you’ll:

• Get more high-quality traffic driven back to your website.
  • Grow your readership.
  • Develop a reputation of quality by sharing your unique expertise in your niche.
  • Put yourself among an elite group of Expert Authors who’ve completed an #HAHD Marathon Challenge.

Registration has already begun! Check out the left navigation bar in your Author’s Area Homepage for the sign-up link.

#HAHD Challenges are a way to keep yourself motivated to submit new articles regularly. More live articles means more highly-qualified traffic to your website(s), and getting into a habit of writing daily helps you build up your collection of articles.

Leave a comment below to share your commitment to this challenge.

Lisa writes:

woot! I’m in again and love the bonus prize this time. hehe

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM

So far I’ve written 4 articles and I’m in the flow. I love having this challenge to motive me to write each and every day for 100 days! And when we’re finished, it will be spring – which sounds very good on the eve of another New England blizzard!

Good luck to all – and, maybe we could convince the EzineArticles crew to add that deck of cards to the writers of 100 articles too! Just a thought ;)

Saddhamala, I’ll tell you a little secret … we’re planning to add the deck of template cards to items you can purchase from EzineArticles, so even if you don’t write 200 articles, you’ll be able to get a deck of your own. Watch for that in the next month or so. :-)

Lisa Mason writes:

do you have the link to the store listed anywhere here? I used to have it bookmarked and now I cannot find it. :/

I must admit, it’s kind of hidden. We intend to make finding links like that easier in the next upgrade of our homepage.

For now, it’s in the left navigational bar of our homepage. Click on “Article Writing Shop” and then click on the shopping cart in the upper right. Or just go to this link: http://www.cafepress.com/EzineArticles

Happy shopping! :-D

Lisa writes:

Thanks!

I got to the Shop but only saw the seminars. Didn’t think to click the shopping cart at the top. Thanks again!

A P Geofrey writes:

I signed up late but hopefully I will make it at all cost I really need to prove to myself that I can do this.

Nabihah Zaid writes:

All the best! :) I’m one of the ppl whose signed up late as well – signed up yesterday and it was 21 days left. How crazy. xP

Been busy with my studies lately. Target – 10 articles per day since I want the deck of cards! xD

Alexis writes:

It sounds fantastic. I may try for my first time ever.

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Ayesha Khalid writes:

It sounds great!!! or, keeping in view the prizes, it smells great.. ;) I am in…

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 12:04 PM

1. Dearly Beloved EzineArticles and all:
2. This is like saying, “THIS IS IT!”. :-)
3. Let the journey begin.
4. And now to the finish line…
5. Regards, –OSF.

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Britt Malka writes:

I’m in again :) And I aim at getting the deck of template cards as well :) Fantastic idea!

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 12:15 PM

What a fun, creative prize package!

For HAHD, I did 125 articles but will definitely target 200 this time.

Congratulations Chris and the whole team for coming up with a final HAHD that is worthy of the idea.

Can’t you all imagine this…? You’re stuck. What do you write? Where to begin? Pick up your deck of cards, shuffle them, deal out a hand and take the “ace” idea and run with it.

Thank you!

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Wow! Let’s Do It! This challenge is a win-win. I am hoping to get to 200 articles this time. I am starting at the beginning this time!
Thanks for the challenge. Looking forward to writing and getting benefits of the good articles plus the gifts!!!! What a plan!!!
Good luck everyone!
Mary

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Submitted my first of the 100 this morning!

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Tom writes:

Should also do 100 articles in 100 hours – maybe Red Bull to sponsor the prizes…

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 12:49 PM

faisal farrukh writes:

….good thought, Tom!

Henrik Blunck writes:

Will you be considering to let THAY (Three Hundred Articles in a Year) be the challenge that comes after the series of HAHD?

The challenges are great fun. I completed HAHD4 with 202, but failed the fifth – but will definitely be writing many. I want to be among the top 100 running for the big prize of one year Premium membership. :-)

Good luck to all challengers. :-)

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Blaine Moore writes:

Wasn’t sure if I’d bother targeting the double #HAHD or not, but looks like it’ll be worth doing, heheh!

Does the tea have caffeine in it, out of curiosity? (I hope not…I always have to give away the coffee since I avoid caffeine like the plague.)

Either way, it’ll be another fun 100 days.

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Blaine, sorry to say that the tea does contain caffeine. Most of our other members prefer it that way. :-)

Rizvana Abdul writes:

wow great!!!

Looking forward to the cup warmer and I think that was a must!!!hehehe:)Thanks the entire group and I reallly dont want this to be ending here wth the 6th Challenge!!!

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 1:16 PM

John Robertson writes:

I’m in for HAHD6 for sure – not only did i learn a lot, improve my skills, but the articles i wrote specifically for the challenge are rapidly taking over top spots for views and click-through… cant go wrong!

Bring it on :)

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Kevin Timothy writes:

@ Tom..your Red Bull comment was witty, dude. It brightened my mood, thanks. Now this will be my first time participating in this. The task seems a little daunting at first, but I believe I will get this accomplished. Thanks for the encouragement, guys. Besides, I’m a sucker for collectible coffee mugs. Have a prosperous new year everyone.

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Russ writes:

Am I the only one disappointed with the prizes?
Everyone seems so grateful.
Isn’t is a coffee cup with accessories and for 200 articles it’s a deck of cards. I like the cards but 200 articles for it. What am I missing?
For what it’s worth and I know my suggestion isn’t worth much. Include the deck with the 1st hundred after all it does help EzineArticles as much as it does us.
Thanks,
Mr. Ungrateful Here

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Can anyone tell me to make the brew? I have over 10 packs with me and I hate the taste of what I make doesn’t look anything like what I see here in the mug :(

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Owais, I’d suggest you check out this article from one of your fellow Expert Authors: http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Brew-Coffee&id=2906553

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Thanks Marc, The article did help Now Ill retry making some of the author’s brew that I still have in my drawer from HAHD#4 :)

Now it’s time to get my Game On!

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 3:41 PM

I’m in for a definite goal this time. It’s great that it’s at the start of the year – a clean planning slate, so to speak.

I have a little notebook, and have planned out over 100 titles of planned articles in there with goals at the front (developing an ebook from my articles this year)

I browsed the titles of successful authors and brainstormed my topic ideas from them. Other fields than mine was actually more helpful, as I didn’t get sidetracked reading the articles, LOL.

Good luck,

– Charndra

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Evelyn writes:

I am in!! I have been waiting to hear about a 6th session. I bombed on the 5th one, but plan to succeed with this one. I am going to shoot for 200 articles.

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Cheryl Fauvel writes:

I like this idea, motivating us to stay on it, love it thanks :) First one in :)

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Karen writes:

Wow! Feeling a bit excited. This is my first time doing it and I’m definitely looking forward to it and giving it 100% effort and priority. Best wishes everyone.

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Kevin writes:

Just what I need to get my online business flowing.

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Richard Allen writes:

wake up and smell the coffee!
That said when will the goodies from HAHD5 arrive, I’m in the UK and no sign of anything as yet.
Cheers
Dickie
P.S. As a result of HAHD I have picked up loads of new writing work!

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Dickie, we have to wait until all submitted articles go through the approval process, which just occurred yesterday. Prizes should start to ship this week and continue through next week. You’ll see your prizes in about 2-3 weeks depending on your locale.

Simon writes:

I’ll give it a go!

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Manni Dong writes:

I am on the way to HAHD6, coffee, coffee, I am coming from China.
Good luck!

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Avinash Bikumalla writes:

Hi Chris,

I got 1 month free premium membership with a coupon code; When I was trying to use the code it is asking for credit card information which I don’t have. Is there anyway though which I can use the coupon code?

Thanks,
Avinash

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Avinash,

To use the coupon code, you do need to enter credit card information. The card is not charged until the following month.

Avinash Bikumalla writes:

Hi,

I understand it, but unfortunately, I don’t have a credit card :(

So, is there any alternative?

Sorry, there is no alternative.

Avinash Bikumalla writes:

Penny,

Can I use my friend’s credit card and is this auto-renewal? If so, I want to deactivate auto-renew service.

Can you please provide more inputs?

Thanks,
Avinash

nano W writes:

Hi Chris…,

Thank for this challenge. I hope get to 100 more articles at this the time, many benefits and the gifts.

Nano W

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Mary Lee writes:

cool activity, sounds great but i am afraid of i have no more time to participate in…anyway, good luck to every participant.

Comment provided January 11, 2011 at 12:13 AM

jyoti writes:

how will i know about the topics on which i write the articles.tell me the procedure of article writing in brief as soon as possible

Comment provided January 11, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Jyoti, watch this video for a quickstart guide on how to submit your first article: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2010/10/writing-your-first-article.html

Omowali Isidore writes:

I am definitely up for the challenge. This will be a first for me to participate in this type of contest.

Comment provided January 11, 2011 at 9:32 PM

elizabeth (bet) writes:

I am a masochist. I will try again. Good luck everyone.

Comment provided January 12, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Columbia writes:

Hi Bet,
Did you finish last time? I had other things that got in the way so I had to drop. But I am back for this one, and so far I’m on track for my plan to finish this time. I am finally getting a ystem down and really starting to pick up speed. Best of luck to you on this one too!

Andy Immotna writes:

Cool prizes!

Marc, since it’s the final challenge, can EzineArticles add up the padfolio, EzineArticles pen, and flash drive?

Love to have those as collectors item. Wherein they last long which keeps us reminded everytime we make use of them.

I may have the coffee packs decorated in my shelf instead but im afraid i may be tempted to have a cup of them then poof!

Just a thought… if it would not be possible, great prizes you came up anyways! ;)

Comment provided January 12, 2011 at 3:31 AM

Sorry, Andy. Typically, most of the #HAHD prizes are limited edition, which means we only create what we need for the qualifiers. There won’t be any left to include as “add-ons” to the #HAHD 6 prize package.

I haven’t really much experience in writing articles, it’s something I’m just starting out into. Great idea for a project this one.

Comment provided January 12, 2011 at 4:44 AM

Wow, thats a good challenge. I think the coffee cup will look good on my desk and make a piece for conversation.
I’m new to this, still waiting for my first article to be approved. But I have signed up for the challenge, I think it is a good chance to improve my English writing skills.

Comment provided January 13, 2011 at 2:06 AM

jyoti writes:

can you tell me the steps to become a member of ezinesarticle.i would try byt dont get the right results. please help me

Comment provided January 13, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Jyoti, simply go to this page: http://ezinearticles.com/submit/ and click on the red “Learn How” button to learn more. You may also find this Blog post and video helpful: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2010/10/writing-your-first-article.html

Andy Immotna writes:

Marc, just to clarify… If I have 3 author names in my account and each of them qualified for the 100 mark, would there be a total of 3 sets of the prizes shipped to my address?

Comment provided January 14, 2011 at 3:39 AM

Andy, you are correct.

Awesome, got 5 articles live at the moment and 5 in review, writing some right now and waiting for an account upgrade(Hopefully Platinum!)

This will be my first and last HAHD so I’ll aim for 200 articles.

Comment provided January 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM

I put too much on my plate during the last challenge and wasn’t able to complete it. But I’m ready to go for this one!

I love the deck of cards idea, and I really love the mug warmer – as I’m sitting here drinking cold coffee.

Comment provided January 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Aakash Shah writes:

I have decided to submit min. of 100 articles and try to reach 200 topics in this finale.
I had only finished first HAHD however whenever I started with 2nd, 3rd,4th, 5th HAHD, after the initial set of articles, I was flooded with Article Writing Projects for clients so could never complete those competitions.
Not that I dont love these orders, but I have decided to atleast submit one article for my account along with those orders :)

Comment provided January 14, 2011 at 12:06 PM

sanjay writes:

Hi,
Do EzineArticles accepting technical articles. I mean articles on open source technologies like PHP,MySQL,wordpress,magento etc.

Thanks

Comment provided January 14, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Sanjay,

If you are writing them to offer tips, tricks or secrets of the trade, and offer unique value in your article, then yes.

We do have a category for those as well: http://ezinearticles.com/?cat=Computers-and-Technology

Ajeet Khurana writes:

Oh! This is the final HAHD! Well then, I am in. I have tried two of them in the past, but never reached my goal. Though I came close with an 80 odd last time around. I guess, this time I will go in for the Double HAHD. Good Luck to all who are participating.

Any predictions about what it will take to be one of the top 100 who get the EzineArticles membership free?

Comment provided January 15, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Ajeet, we pick 10 free Premium Memberships from the top 100 qualifiers based on number of submissions. In #HAHD 5, the “magic number” was 156 articles.

deepa venkitesh writes:

dear EzineArticles, first let me thank you for approving a small town writer like me. It has given me recognition.also, I am writing articles like mad to meet the challenge.congratulations for transforming a lazy bone like me.

Comment provided January 17, 2011 at 2:38 AM

Devon K writes:

I had an idea that I’m not sure if anyone else has already thought of. When you list the participants (top 100, winners, etc.) why not also list their average word count for the articles they submitted to the challenge. I think that would add another element of pride and accomplishment. It would also help to separate those with a 256 AWC (Average Word Count) from those with a 467 AWC. It may also serve to encourage people to write in more detail instead of just raw minimum.

Comment provided January 19, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Lisa writes:

They have to be 400+ to qualify for #HAHD

Blaine Moore writes:

Not sure that it’s really relevant…a 400 word article can’t really be compared to an 800 or 2000 word article in terms of detail because in some markets, the longer article will perform better, but in others, the longer article won’t get read and the extra detail isn’t helpful at all. It will depend upon your own audience and writing style I’d think.

I’m in!

Comment provided January 20, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Richard Allen writes:

Is this comment really necessary? A PM would have been better. Did opening this email really enhance my life today? Like HAHD6 but wish I stopped getting these trivia emails (anyone else want to comment on this).

Comment provided January 21, 2011 at 4:50 AM

Mark writes:

If you don’t like the newsletters, scroll all the way down and click ‘unsubscribe’.

Amit Bhawani writes:

Hey everyone,
Today i have completed the writing of 100 Original & High Quality articles for the HAHD6 which is within 13 days of its launch.

I Hope most of you would get inspired with this and ensure that all your articles are in the range of 500 words because this does help in getting traffic back to our websites.

I hope i can win the 1 year Premium Account and everyone here also win some nice prizes from ezine for their contribution.

Comment provided January 23, 2011 at 10:25 AM

This is my first time. I’m looking forward to the challenge! And the competition!!

Comment provided January 25, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Cindy Hartman writes:

I just finished a major project, so am starting late. YIKES! But I have confidence that I can meet the challenge.

I was in the 30 in 30 a couple years ago. Still use my mug (when my husband hasn’t grabbed it first).

Here we go….

Comment provided January 26, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Amos Agboro writes:

I’m so in! This challenge is just what I need! Thanks EzineArticles.com

Comment provided January 28, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Andre writes:

Challenge? I write novels, non fictions, political commentaries – and receive 500 plus e mails daily. When will I sleep? Right, not your business. I’ll twry my best although in 40 odd celsius heat it is no easy. My best regards, Andre

Comment provided January 30, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Richard Allen writes:

As a result of the last challenge I am now writing articles full time for a variety of clients, and I have given up my day job as a result! Still not received the HAHD 5 goodies as yet though…
That said the motivation it gave me, now means I am my own boss and can work the hours I want. In some cases I am now having to turn down work – How cools is that!
(However if anyone needs a ghost writer look at my Bio for more info).

Comment provided January 31, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Daniel Hall writes:

Good day,

I am very interested in doing the EzineArticles Hundred Articles challenge, but I have a question.

I would like to set up a pen name to write the one hundred articles under, but can I have my Primary Account name used on the certificate and prizes?

Please let me know as I am very interested in doing the challenge, but I would need the award to be issued to my name and not the pen name.

Comment provided January 31, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Daniel, Unfortunately, the certificate generation is an automated process linked to the author name associated with the #HAHD qualification. Therefore, the name that appears on the certificate will match that of the author name that qualified.

One suggestion would be to create an author name based on a variation of your real name. For example, “D. Hall” or “Dan Hall” or “Daniel H.” or “Dan H.” …

Daniel Hall writes:

Is the certificate posted as a actual printed copy or is it only a downloadable version?

What is actually posted?

Daniel, It’s only available as a PDF download.

Blaine Moore writes:

You can put whatever name you want on your shipping address for the prizes, even if you use a pen name. Won’t help with the certificate, though.

Susan Leigh writes:

I completed HAHD 5 and have enrolled for HAHD 6. I am disappointed that I have still not received the prize for 5 or any motivational card or fridge magnet for 6 like last time. My address has not changed. Can you cast any light on this please as I am trying hard to do 200 articles for this last hahd.

Comment provided February 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Susan, we make an effort to change prizes all the time and only send out surprise gifts like the magnets occasionally. #HAHD 5 gifts were shipped last week, so you should be seeing yours any day now.

Richard Allen writes:

Susan, With the greatest of respect “Get a life”. I am based in the UK and got my goodies from HAHD 5 yesterday, of note is that I have never got a fridge magnet, but I did get a cool reusable shopping/tote bag along the way.

Comment provided February 2, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Susan Leigh writes:

Thanks for the reply. I have got a life Richard, but enquired because I received an email saying from Post Express Service Pittsburg saying that they’d had a package returned to them that was addressed to me. I was unsure as to whether it was a trojan or not. I didn’t go into all this detail before.

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Completed my first 100 today! I think I’m getting rusty. Last HAHD I did that in under 10 days :)

Comment provided February 2, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Lisa writes:

Congrats! The contests were closer together this time- less prep time. I finished my first 100 the other day as well. One time I finished in the first couple of days… I think it was HAHD 2 or 3… can’t remember.

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Thanks Lisa, and congrats to you too

Comment provided February 3, 2011 at 2:29 AM

Joel Broughton writes:

I’ll definitely get to the 100..but my goal is 200…time to really get to work. As with everything, it’s great to win stuff…thanks for putting on the contest to help push us all forward with our article writing.

Comment provided February 4, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Nick Kellingley writes:

Blimey we’re 25 days in and I’ve nearly done 50 articles, hoping that I’ll reach the target this time. Though I have to confess my key goal is driving additional traffic to my site, as well as getting up the lists on some of the “most featured” author lists in my areas.

Comment provided February 4, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Aniketa Adame writes:

I am doing my best to get the cards :)

Comment provided February 8, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Garet writes:

I want the EzineArticles mug and the template cards. I’m going for 200!

Comment provided February 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM

A P Geofrey writes:

I like the prices. Hopefully I will be able to write all the 100 articles on time. Just a worry though, is the shipping free? I hope so too because then it would be the perfect competition.

Comment provided February 9, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Yes, shipping is most definitely free. :-)

Awesome just awesome. So I can already count myself as having all those goodies that come with qualification.

But not so fast I need to put on my writing gloves and drink more coffee.

See you all on the wining day.

Andy Immotna writes:

Hi Marc,

For the top 100 members for total number of approved submissions – is the total number of articles per EzineArticles member or per author?

Let’s say if it’s per member, all articles in multiple authors will count as one.

Or if it’s per author, only articles named under 1 author.

Which one?

Thanks!

Comment provided February 11, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Andy,
It is per author. IF you have 2 authors on your ID you can choose to write 100 on either one of them or both. You can’t write 50-50 each on both ids and win. You can win the competition twice as well if you write 100 on each author. You will have to click on the link in your control left penal where it is written 6th #HAHD Marathon Challenge there you’ll notice that you can register for this for both or all authors

Owais, thanks for helping out Andy with this information – you are quite right in your explanation.

Susan Leigh writes:

Got first television appearance tomorrow from article I wrote for ezine. BBC read it and have asked me onto a debate show. You never know where these articles may lead !! Can’t wait !!

Comment provided February 12, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Congrats! Its always nice to hear about good things happening to people. Bad ones are already in abundance around us.

Cher writes:

Wow Susan, that is fantastic, well done, congrats:)

Comment provided February 12, 2011 at 5:50 AM

Hi,

I don’t know if I can ask this question, but I have to :S

Are there any coupon codes for EzineArticles premium membership that give discount on the total price?

If someone can help me out, it would be great! Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Avinash

Comment provided February 14, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Avinash, if you received a coupon code from us in the mail, it is good for $97 off the total price of any Premium package you purchase.

Susan Leigh writes:

Thank you, just received my prize for the last HAHD. It’s a really smart wallet and will hopefully motivate me to write 200 articles this time.
It helps to have a goal to work towards.

Comment provided February 17, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Scott Broadbent writes:

I’m in, though the prize that I’m most interested in would be the mug warmer.

I have 115 articles live (with another 31 pending) since February 11, though I’ll have to check past articles to see how many exceed the 400+ word count minimum. My sweet spot for word count has been 300-350…

Comment provided March 1, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Lisa writes:

That used to happen to me as well but I found it really easy to get that last 50-100 words in there if I rested on the article and came back later to read it again. FYI: effective immediately, EzineArticles will only allow 400+ word articles, for HAHD or otherwise. So won’t be able to submit any under that word count anyway.

Scott Broadbent writes:

I just finished an internal audit of my 115 live articles. Only 13 qualify for the 400+ word count, whereas 55 are between 300 and 399 (ironically one article is sitting at a 399 word count… and no I don’t want to edit it to add a single useless word on the principle that the extra word would not improve the quality of it). 47 articles are below 300 words.

A lot of my articles could have been above 400, though I took the advice of multiple smaller articles, rather than single monster articles too well and often broke apart a larger article into 4 or 5 articles of 300 words or so.

Considering the average web user attention is 8-10 seconds, when my articles go into the 500+ word count territory, I start looking to see if I can divide them up. So much for that…

Lisa writes:

I agree that keeping them shorter is better for the Web reader but 400-600 is an acceptable range. Most of mine fall in the 400-500 range. Use subheadings, bullets and lists to break up the text and make it easier to read. You have 8-10 seconds to grab their attention but a useful article will keep them on the page after that.

Subheadings (if you’re not already using them) could also be a good way to add extra words to those that are just shy of 400 and without it being “useless”. You can incorporate keywords into your subheadings and they also break up the blocks of text and make your article easier to read.

Hi,

I have submitted 103 articles, but I am not sure whether it crossed 100 articles or not.

Is there any way by which, I can check whether I have crossed 100 articles or not for HAHD. Will we get any email about this?

I know there is a widget but it is not deducting the rejected articles, so I am asking this here.

Thanks,
Avinash

Comment provided March 1, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Lisa writes:

It does not deduct articles that can be edited and resubmitted. So if you want them to go away, you have to delete them completely from the queue. Remember that you will then not ever be able to submit that same title again. Better to edit them so that they pass through and they will still count for you.

Avinash – You will not get an email when you have passed the 100 articles mark – however, it should show on the bar graph that tracks your progress. Just remember that the graph doesn’t get updated until an article is approved.

Columbia Jones writes:

I have some articles that refer to the same strategies but need to be addressed to different audiences. How much content needs to be unique to be appropriately submitted as a new article in a new category? How much if it is in the same category?

Comment provided March 2, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Columbia – We require that each article be 100% unique regardless of which category it’s classified under.

Columbia Jones writes:

Is there a way to split test any of the elements on articles submitted to you here at EzineArticles?

Comment provided March 2, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Columbia – Unfortunately, our platform doesn’t allow for any true split testing of your articles.

Can you please share the count of number of persons who submitted more than 100 articles, 200 articles and the top 10 submitters count?

thanks,
Avinash

Comment provided March 3, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Hi Avinash,
I know for sure that I am one who has been submitting over 200 articles in each HAHD. As a matter of fact I submitted over 600 articles in #4 HAHD. Lisa and Susan are 2 others I know of and they are great writers too.

I am sure Marc must be checking out his data at the moment to get you details, The guy is very hard working and I try not to bother him with questions like these :)

This will give us an overview of where we are standing. I think there will be many contenders who want to know these details. Also, anyone from EzineArticles could answer, it is not necessarily to be Marc :)

Susan Leigh writes:

Have just submitted 107 articles for the HAHD !!

If you’d told me 18 months ago that I’d have written one article I’d never have believed you.

Thank you EzineArticles for the encouragement and support. It really helps.
Now I’m hoping to reach 200 articles….

Avinash – The only data I have immediate access to is the number of #HAHD qualifiers, which is currently 80. Of that, probably a handful have reached 200 already, but I have no way of checking easily.

lawal olasunkanmi writes:

Well, i believe most people will get to the 100 mark. i am on my way there. That is what i know…

Comment provided March 4, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Who’s still in? I’m writing an article each day, the same way I have since joining this site 4 years ago.

Comment provided March 5, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Lisa writes:

Same here Connie! :p

Columbia Jones writes:

I’m still in and will finish this one! Still don’t have the habit down to daily but continue to work steadily toward that. Right now I tend to write in clusters but the one a day will be a stronger habit.

Nick Kellingley writes:

I’m still in, only 6 articles to go now… but I really want to do the double, so I’ll have to crank up the workload now.

elizabeth (bet) writes:

Hi Columbia, I am waiting until things settle down a bit before submitting. I do not know where I stand. I have 60 some articles, but am still basic. I did not realize that you had to submit so many at a time to rise in ranks. How are you doing? Good luck. B

Comment provided March 6, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Lisa – great to connect with you again!
Columbia – I write every day, but that is just my style. Do what works best for you.
Bet – Submit a couple each day to get them all in during the challenge.
Nick – Congratulations on being so prolific! It will serve you well.

Comment provided March 6, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Hurray! Atlast I completed the first HAHD challenge. Now it is time to sit back and rest for a while. But the journey is not as easy I expected.

There were many bumps. It is great experience :)

Comment provided March 7, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Congratulations Avinash! Well done!!

cher writes:

What the heck is going on? I have 25 articles waiting to be revieved some written on the 1st, i was told there was a back log, but now they come along decide there is a problem with one, but leave me in the dark no response to my message nothing and no more getting looked at? I dont want to submit anymore if the new rules mean there is a problem with my format but this means my personal goal is at risk, I have worked really hard at this and not over the moon!

Comment provided March 10, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Susan Leigh writes:

Hello Cher, I’ve also been wondering why it’s been taking so long to publish my articles. Hadn’t realised that this was a problem for other people too.

Maybe this it’s why this is the last HAHD. They must get beseiged with articles when the HAHD’s are on. I’ve done my 100 and am trying for 200 now. I’m sure lots of people are sending in loads of articles too. Must be a marathon at EzineArticles …
Susan xx

cher writes:

Hi Susan,
thanks for that I feel a little less paranoid,:) although I am upset about the problem article, and worried that if my format is now wrong it leaves me in a mess, I need to know if I have to change, I am going for the 200 also but feel held stuck now,
its all a little confusing.
Cher xx

Cher – With all the recent changes, we are a bit deluged at the moment. Our apologies for the delay in processing your articles – though I would point out that Premium processing is always less than 24 hours! :-) Also, bear in mind that #HAHD qualification is based on SUBMISSION date, not publication date, so if your 200 articles are submitted before the deadline and then later approved and published, they WILL qualify.

Regarding the formatting of your articles: Diamond Level approval is done manually by a real person. The situation with your article backlog will be taken into consideration when your account is reviewed. The best advice I can give you is to focus on always submitting articles of the highest possible quality. If your articles pack value, are original, contain few/no errors and are easy to read they should pass muster.

I hope this clears things up a bit for you. Keep doing what your doing to the best of your ability and I can assure you that we’ll be caught up soon.

cher writes:

Appreciate that, I know there is a lot of pressure, just got a little Paranoid as it means a lot to me :O

Many thanks :)
Cher

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Cher I agree with you. I am facing the same problem here with no response. I hope everything is OK at EzineArticles.

Comment provided March 10, 2011 at 4:18 PM

cher writes:

Hi Owais,
I am sure it is and when we consider they have a lot on their plate right now, with all the changes as well as god knows how many extra articles to view, i understand this, unfortunately it leaves us a little frustrated, i really want to reach my personal goal, so all this comes at a awkward time!
Oh well stop worrying i guess :)
Cher

We are in a backlog right now but we are working on it. :)

cher writes:

@Penny and Marc. Good day. Please i need your clarification on some issues concerning my account at EzineArticles. I tried to log in into my account, but to my surprise, i noticed that my account has been suspended. Please i would want you to look into this because i have been using EzineArticles for my article promotion for some years back and i would not want to be left in dark.

Comment provided March 13, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Lawal,

A member of our support team will address this with you privately.

With all the changes going on at EzineArticles, I had a question about this contest? Is it still on? Are the prizes still going to be given, or has all of this fallen by the waste-side? The reason I ask is that I had set a goal of a certain number of articles above the 200 point, and I should be able to complete it, but I am wondering if maybe that is pointless, not desired, or irrelevant now? Could I get some indication on this? I kind of get the idea, that EzineArticles doesn’t really want very many articles anymore. If that is the case, do you have another website you’d recommend?

Comment provided March 17, 2011 at 7:06 AM

Nick Kellingley writes:

I’ve kind of let the 200 fall by the wayside now – I’ll definitely make 100 but anymore seems to be a waste.

I’ve had no response on my application for Diamond level, all my articles are now being batch released last thing on a Friday though they were submitted with the intention of being spread out and with 48 hour review periods not 4-5 days….

So I’m spending more time using other channels now, which may be a good thing in the long run anyway.

Nick Kellingley writes:

And 10 minutes later I qualify for diamond, sometimes I guess I should just keep my trap shut. Bring on the 200!

Lance – Of course the #HAHD 6 contest is still on! And yes, all the prizes will still be given out. So keep those articles coming! :-)

Thanks so much Marc,

I had projected 765 articles for the hundred days, which would have put me at 23,000 total, but decided to change my goal to only 500 articles, because I was uncertain about all this. Maybe Devon K can make up the difference for y’all?

Since, I’ve alread reached 500, I guess I am completed, and so you can now mail my free stuff, any time you like, I thought I’d save you some time in your bulk HAHD processing.

Susan Leigh writes:

I’m now wondering what is going on at ezine ?

I’ve certainly found the motivation to work towards a prize to be an added incentive and it’s set me goals that I never would have contemplated reaching.

And yet at the same time, the insistence on quality articles has been important too.

I hope the hahd is still on, ‘cos I’d love to achieve 200 articles this time.

Comment provided March 17, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Cher writes:

Hi,

Firstly I am going to apologise before i start because i am angry, so I am sorry but this is the only place I feel I can rant, at least I get decent answer in here!
I understand the problems and the back log, but it is now a joke. I had an answer yesterday to an email i sent last week, telling me that diamond level was refused because i had, 6 articles rejected!! 1 with a faulty link, and 1 where i had used the word ‘coke’.
right……… I have had 1 article rejected since I joined I think that was 2009 or early 2010, this was rejected because i used a list within the article, ok whatever, but that’s the ONLY rejection and it was when i began.
the coke, ok (for gods sake!) the faulty link …..never. I had 2 in problem status, because edited but could not figure out the problem, is this person counting the same ones, the coke I accept tough on me, but the link no, submitted this morning and got error saying faulty link, I followed my link it was perfect???? I am being penilised for this?
I have to say I have loved ezine up until now, I resent the cold attitude I have received, I am not a school kid !(not by you guy’s here) but generally. I find there is very little support, my quetions left unanswered? If i dont get an answer then i edit, and resubmit!! so maybe this is what the guy is counting???? But they were not rejected!
I Have worked hard at this and my other work has suffered but I loved it, I am now as you can probably see, rather bitterly disapointed.
One other thing that puzzles me, I have got so upset by this because it is all I focus on, so I looked at other members, I was shocked to see that some members one in particular, have been here since 2008 and has a total of 14 articles! nothing done last year, they still reamain Platinum? I thought we were suposed to submit regularly to keep the status, that would make sense to me! I am sorry to go on, but it is a bit rough, and from what I hear I am not the only member who is unhappy!

Comment provided March 17, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Britt Malka writes:

To Cher and everybody else, who seem frustrated about what’s happening on EzineArticles

I must confess that I almost cry, when I read your letters.

We were all so enthusiastic, when we started out, especially on this last #HAHD.

We were told how we cranking out a steady one or two articles per day were the way to go.

We should write 400 words article at least. I bet that every single writer who joined this challenge is serious about their work, and that they all do their best, and all want to submit articles of high quality.

And then…

SLAM!

Articles rejected galore for some.

Account suspended without warning or explanation for others.

Writers — I’m talking about serious writers, here, the kind that joins a challenge like this, not spammers, who are only here for backlinks — writers are sensitive persons. We put a part of ourselves in our writing. We feel that criticizing our work is a judgement of ourself.

But it’s not!

However, I wrote an article, published here, about how to get over hard blows. You can find it and read if, if you like.

Anyway, I think Ezine Article is hitting the wrong persons in their search for comeback at Google. It’s their business, though, and who am I to tell them that they should do something else?

It’s my feeling that they are emptying both barrels on their feet, but only time will tell, if I’m right or not.

I’ve read many comments on Warrior Forum and elsewhere, and it’s clear that some people are very sad, frustrated and disappointed. Others have gotten over it, and will seek elsewhere to post their articles. EzineArticles seems to be scaring away serious writers.

I still aim at finishing with 200 articles and get the template cards.

After that… I’ll still post articles here, but if they are rejected, well, I’ll just delete them and post them elsewhere. No big deal.

I know you’ve all worked hard, because you say so in your comments. And I know I’ve been working hard, and that I never intended my articles to be just for backlinks. And yet, we are treated like naughty children.

I don’t like it, and I don’t have to take it.

Lisa writes:

Serious writers, particularly online writers, understand that the publisher reserves the right to publish or reject any piece as they see fit. In fact, for “serious” writers, rejections are a part of life.

The Internet is constantly changing (I’ve made a living writing here I was 16) and therefore, websites are forced to change with it. If you want to be a part of the Internet (such as with Internet marketing or online businesses) you must also change with it.

Those who succeed longterm are those who are flexible. Writers may be sensitive but we must have thick skin. We must take criticism and rejections as an opportunity to grow and not as a personal attack.

I do sympathize with frustrations expressed here. However, we need to remember that EzineArticles is a service- and a free one at that! They are not obligated to us and if you wish to continue to use their free service, then you just need to adjust and adapt to their new expectations.

It may take a little work at first, but then you can feel proud that you are a part of something that does have guidelines and quality expectations as opposed to being “published” on a site that has zero quality check process and that will also ultimately be penalized by Google.

EzineArticles is most definitely not “scaring away” this serious writer. When the major changes from Google’s algorithms were released, EzineArticles was in the top hit. I was relieved to see them take immediate action to resolve this problem (along with other sites I write for).

I imagine at first they felt the same as many writers are feeling towards them, but towards Google. EzineArticles has long stood at the top of article marketing sites when it comes to quality, care for their authors and interest in what is being published via their site. Yet Google gave them a HUGE slap on the wrist and they had to get back up from that fall and begin anew.

As writers, we now have to make a choice: change with it and stick around or determine this is no longer the best place for us. Serious writers who care about quality as well as Google results will stick around, adjust to the changes and reap the rewards in the months and years to come.

Keep in mind that we’re rejecting ~83% of Diamond requests.

Also, we’re not perfect and not getting it right every single time. In fact, it feels like each day we’ve made process improvements in our Diamond review system that is handled by real humans (hence why it’s not a speedy review).

You can appeal privately, but we won’t respond to public appeals to protect member privacy.

As for our speed of service… yeah, it’s at an all time low this month. We’re taking huge steps backwards in order to make leaps forward. Some of the innovations I’ve seen our team do the last two weeks have been phenomenal, but they won’t mean squat to most members for a while. Know I hear your complaint and I expect that things to change in the coming months.

Cher,

Please check your email. I responded to you personally.

Cher and All,

When reviewing accounts for Diamond, we review the account as a whole. One error that is easily fixed but happens to be in multiple article submissions is not an immediate dismissal or rejection of the request for the upgrade.

Cher writes:

sorry forgot one thing, had i say my link did not have enough information on the page, so what about the other 125?

Comment provided March 17, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Nick Kellingley writes:

Good writers learn to take criticism. I’ve written so much over the years now, and some of it has had wildly positive feedback and occasionally I’ve been slammed too (often over opinion pieces). Feedback is a growth technique for writers, and any one who sulks about being told they aren’t good enough for a certain publication isn’t growing.

We’re not entitled to be published here, or anywhere in fact (unless we own the publication method).

I was sulking about delays in publication – and hopefully the change in account status will rectify this for me. But sulking about rejection? Never. Life’s too short. You’ve already described alternatives if your article doesn’t make the grade here – we’re all free to do that if we don’t like what EzineArticles thinks.

In the long run – I hope a lot of the low quality producers do take their work to other sites, it’s better for those of us who can cut it.

The amount of work someone puts into a piece is not necessarilly relevant to quality sadly. But hard work that learns from feedback? Almost certainly is.

Comment provided March 17, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Britt Malka writes:

Critique is what we can learn from as authors, I agree to that, Nick.

However, having an article rejected for speaking about article templates, because the reviewer thinks it has to do with article spinning, is not something anybody can learn from. (True story.)

Having an account suspended for having posted articles below 400 words, when that was legal, is not something you can learn anything from.

And yes, I agree, we are free to leave, but as a serious writer myself, with flaws, but always eager to learn more, I know that rejections can hit hard, and I understand why some people are sad about them.

I’ve learnt to cope with them myself, but I’m a trained writer, and I’ve had more than 25 books published in Denmark and translated to a lot of other languages. I can shrug my shoulders and say, oh, well, I’m still a writer and I make my living online. But HE (the reviewer) could be out of job next month. Why should I care about unjustified rejections? My work may stand much longer than his.

Cher writes:

Brtitt, many thanks for your heart felt words, they are much appreciated.
Nick, yes I did notice you were upset earlier, but now you have a result, it’s easy for you to judge?
Let me repeat may words
MY ARTICLES WERE NOT REJECTED!
MY LINKS ARE PERFECT!
I do learn by my mistakes Nick, I am not above critique I appreciate it and I admit when I am wrong, like overlooking the ‘coke’ thing, my mistake my problem, even if I do find it stupid.
What I want to make clear here is, that I am not happy about being penilised for the mistakes of robots and then spoken to like I am a child!
I have been writing all my life,I am not professional but would like to be and i am giving it my all, I had very few problems until this change!

Does anyone know if 12,968 article views in 72 hours is good here at EzineArticles? I tracked it 8 PM California time for the last 3-days. I am wondering because it is a little less than it used to be, but pretty decent still? Also, I am wondering if this is a slow week with the 24/7 Japan Earthquake and all that? Any thoughts?

Cindy Hartman writes:

Nick,

I agree with you completely. The changes recently put into place by EzineArticles are all for the positive. They will stand apart from other sites that don’t care about quality. And that will say a great deal about each of us as authors.

I have found my articles on other sites – word for word – under some other person’s name. I wrote to the site and they’ve done nothing to rectify this!

So, do you want to be associated with that type of site, or do you want to be associated with EzineArticles? This is the article site other professionals will rely on for good, honest authors who provide quality information.

I appreciate EzineArticles for standing firm on their requirement and even raising the bar.

Comment provided March 17, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Nick Kellingley writes:

Thanks Cindy – on the issue of getting your articles taken off sites when people rip them off, you can download a DMCA takedown notice for free and send it to their hosting provider, which skips out the middleman – though it only works for sites hosted in certain countries, so forget it if the hosts are in Russia or somewhere like that…

Cher writes:

Cindy, I agree whole heartedly, and yes I want high standards, but I also want it to be fair and I want to be heard.

Cyril Malka writes:

Well, one thing that I can see is, that when my articles are out in EzineArticles and in articlesbase, articlebase’s article are ranked higher in Google and I have more visits from there than from EzineArticles.

I post the articles both places at the same time.

I can see that EzineArticles is losing many very serious writers with their new politic. The people who are dissatisfied and complaining are certainly neither children nor bad writers and don’t really need patronizing.

Personally, it would take more than a virtual diamond for me to defend their ways.

Comment provided March 17, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Please contact me by email.

Kynyn Kamau writes:

HAHD 6 is doing a marvelous revolution on my writing hobby! I have actually realized that writing in my line of profession is attracting more responses than the general topic articles i had been writing earlier!

Comment provided March 24, 2011 at 3:59 AM

faisal farrukh writes:

Hello Everyone!

I have completed my first hundred articles and guess what…i got suspended!!!
Any suggestion?

Regards

Faisal

Comment provided March 24, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Faisal – Contact our Member Support team to determine why your account was suspended. Then fix those things in order to bring your account into compliance with our Editorial Guidelines.

Richard Allen writes:

I am at a loss, all of my articles are minus 10 following the google slap. 2000 hits day = 100 now.
Just great…………

Comment provided March 31, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Britt Malka writes:

What will the price be for the template cards?

My goal was to write 200 articles, but I got demotivated by the treatment I received, when Google changed their algorithm.

Lately, I had an article in problem status for having ONE similar point out of five-eight to an article I wrote back in November. It didn’t exactly make my creative juices flow that I have to read through all my 450 articles before submitting a new one, just to make sure I don’t repeat as much as one single word.

I’ve always loved to teach and help, and I know that people learn in different ways. Saying things in one way will work for some students. Saying them in another way will work for other students. That was often how I wrote articles as well, changing the angle to make more people understand.

I feel blocked now. I have never had a writer’s block in my life before, and at this point I’m spending hours thinking about what to write about that I can submit to EzineArticles.

I was well on my way to 200 articles; now I’m behind the timetable, and questioning myself: Is it worth it to continue? Or should I just note this as a personal failure and buy the cards?

Comment provided April 12, 2011 at 6:32 AM

Cyril Malka writes:

I don’t think that is a personal failure.

To write 200 articles in 100 days is a difficult task.

It seems like EzineArticles applies their rules very freely. Sometimes you get slapped, other times you don’t. Result is, that you might become confused.

To be honest, I have always seen it this way. Some editors will refuse an article because there is a link in it and it is not authorized, some others will accept it and even tell you that when the rule says “no links in article”, that means “links in articles are authorized”.

It is still this way, but since they strengthen their rules, they hit harder. So many writers may feel a lot like schoolchildren getting an unfair punishement.

Personnaly, I won’t finish the 100 articles a day to get a mug. I won’t go for a virtual diamond. I won’t pay 90$ a month to get this kind of treatement and I will send my linkjuice somewhere else.

Lisa Mason writes:

“Don’t take that as a personal failure, but take it like it is: You don’t appreciate to be treated this way and since you are not “good enough” for EzineArticles, find some other places where your work is more appreciated.” =
Too lazy to work towards meeting new, improved guidelines and expectations. Not capable of handling constructive criticism and seeks another site that has zero editorial process and will pass through any “article”, regardless of originality or quality in order to feel better about myself.

Nick Kellingley writes:

Well said Lisa. I thought the non-stop complaining would die down sooner or later, but obviously not.

Authors should be celebrating higher standards, and celebrating when their material is accepted rather than heading off elsewhere.

I’ll admit my own output has tailed off recently but that’s because I’m busy with other projects at the moment.

I’m pleased that Diamond status actually seems to mean something and that EzineArticles are rejecting more content. While not perfect yet, there’s been a noticeable improvement in quality on the site recently.

Even the best of us are going to have pieces turned down and when we do, we need to learn from it, rather than stomp off in a sulk.

Britt Malka writes:

You’re proudly proclaiming yourself as an author, Nick Kellingley, but a search on Google didn’t reveal much to me. Which books have you had published? What publishing house has found your work so valuable that they have invested money in printing your books?

Yes, you have a nice diamond. So do I. And since I am a published author, I’m used to learn from criticism and editors.

Having “pieces turned down” for strange reasons is not something you can learn from. This I can assure you as a professional writer.

Nick Kellingley writes:

Thanks for the personal attack Britta much appreciated. I can categorically state I have never published a book, which is pretty obvious as I’ve never written one.

I have however got a great client list who pay me to write content for them, and have been published in plenty of magazines for money too.

So I’m a published author, and am used to criticism too. Obviously I’ve come to terms with that criticism rather better than you have.

I wish you as much success in getting articles published as you clearly have had in getting books published.

Britt Malka writes:

Were your answer meant to be addressed to me, Nick?

You write “Britta”, but it might be a spelling or reading error, of course.

However, if it was meant for me, my name is “Britt”, five letters, no more, no less.

Good luck with your clients and your articles, and good for you that you are so clever in accepting criticism.

Nick Kellingley writes:

Typos are typos Britt – here’s something more constructive to the conversation in hand.

Though using the above link leads me to the conclusion that your royalty checks can’t be huge as according to Amazon.com you haven’t sold a single copy of either title they stock.

Britt Malka writes:

LOL, bright boy

Do you see Amazon selling a lot of Danish books?

Did you think that Amazon was formerly called IDG Books?

Nick Kellingley writes:

It turns out through another search that Amazon stocks hundreds of Danish books – and sells many of them. Just not yours obviously.

Britt – being published may be a big deal, it may not – I get paid far more for a software manual than most authors ever do for books. What I do know is that the objective of being published is to be read.

Cyril Malka writes:

You might want to try this one instead.

amazon.com doesn’t sell Danish books:

(there should be 3 pages of that)

Nick Kellingley writes:

Cyril – I think I’ve already said Amazon do stock Danish books, they’ve got Britt’s books don’t they?

I don’t think I disputed she’d been published either – but there are no sales figures there at Saxo so I can’t see if she’s sold anything there either.

It’s admirable (and expected) you’d defend your relative (no assumptions here), but completely unnecessary. Britt’s done her bragging and mud slinging, all I’ve done is offer some evidence that she may not be quite as wonderful as she thinks she is.

Lisa Mason writes:

EzineArticles refers to their writers as “authors” so everyone who has been published here is technically an author.

Due to your nasty attitude here, I will no longer support you by reading your articles.

P.S. “I’m used to learn from criticism and editors.” <- not proper grammar

Britt Malka writes:

No it’s not. It’s putting your work where you get the most out of it.

Cyril Malka writes:

Hi Lisa,

Well… With about more than 100 articles and interviews in 3 different languages in newspapers, magazines, books, schoolbooks and others (eventually check http://www.malka.dk/bibliotek.html), it is really not as important for me as it is for you and some others to get acceptance from an online magazine.

I don’t think the fact of being able to write for a homepage like EzineArticles authorizes you to judge people you don’t know as lazy, but if it helps your self-confidence… Be my guest.

I would think it would be more developing and more clever to see that one may have another point of view than you without having bad qualities.

This is strictly my opinion, of course.

I will refrain from further comments on this blog.

Have fun.

Regards,

Cyril

Nick Kellingley writes:

It may not be important to you Cyril but it’s clearly important to Britt – otherwise why is she constantly posting about how hard done by she feels when she’s told her articles aren’t meeting the standard?

Britt – The template cards are currently slated to sell for $19.97 USD. Watch for them to go on sale in the coming weeks.

Britt Malka writes:

Great, thank you, Marc

I’ll go for that option, then.

Lisa Mason writes:

Britt, Don’t let it get you down. Anyone who writes or publishes online was affected by this. It is a good sign for us that EzineArticles wants to make changes to improve and get back into good ranking with Google. If you have any questions about why an article was rejected, I have found their staff to be very helpful in clarifying rules and other points. Don’t be afraid to ask. Thousands of people who write for a living were also affected by this and I can tell you, it was upsetting for all (imagine if it was more than just article marketing but the difference between whether or not you eat today0 but those who persevere are those who learn to go with the new changes. If you don’t make the 200 goal this time, maybe try a new goal for yourself (submitting for a month with no rejections, 1 article for every weekday of the week, etc.) You’re not along and it’s certainly not just here that this happened. Hang in there and don’t let it get you down!

Britt Malka writes:

Thanks, Lisa, and don’t worry. I don’t let it get me down. I’ve had more than 25 books published through what was formerly known as IDG Books in Denmark; I’m used to handle criticism (that’s how we all learn, isn’t it?); I’m used to write daily and meet deadlines.

I know that I’ve earned my title as an author, not just by getting articles published on an article directory, but by having had so many books accepted and published through an established publishing house, who still pays me royalty for my books.

I’m not afraid to ask, either: I’m just not content by the answer, because I see rules being bent in some cases, and non-written rules being used to keep articles in problem status. This is not some hobby enterprise for me – it’s how I make my living. If it takes too long time to write for one home page, I’ll rather write for another. What I look at is the result.

Submitting for a month with no rejections? That would be a walk in the park, if it was as simple as following rules and writing quality articles.

Maybe you haven’t encountered problems. I have. According to my proofreader (a pro) I’ve had quality articles in problem status, while we still see utter garbage being approved.

I will continue to make goals for myself. After all, I haven’t had a boss to tell me what to do since 1995.

Lisa Mason writes:

Pardon me for trying to be a nice person. And BTW, I never questioned your abilities as a writer but it’s quite apparent you’re trying very hard to make sure we all know how special you are. So congratulations on your accomplishments.

And I have never had a “boss” tell me what to do since I have been a freelance writer since I was 16. But this wasn’t a spitting match; this was one fellow writing trying to be kind and encouraging to another. I’ve read your articles and recognized your name when you posted. Next time, I won’t bother.

Enjoy your day.

Britt Malka writes:

I’m not sure how you read or understood my comment.

Never mind.

Over and out!

preyank jain writes:

Oh thank god !! finally i could reach to qualification. the road to the goal was really bumpy i must say, there were few times i was frustrated that i won’t be able to make it. I wanted to get in deadly so I had to wake up till 3 for more than a week but now i can take a breath of relief.
The only thing i’m worried for is, why still my account hasn’t got platinum status even though my last submissions were approved without any errors.

Comment provided April 17, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Susan Leigh writes:

Wow, this tortoise has finally made it past the 200 articles in 100 days line.

I didn’t know that I had another 200 articles in me !

Thank you EzineArticles for providing the motivation and encouragement to do this. I would NEVER have done it without you !!

Comment provided April 19, 2011 at 3:00 AM

It was our pleasure. Congratulations on reaching your goal, Susan!

faisal farrukh writes:

Hey Marc! I could not reach my personal goal, but i have 106 submissions, do i qualify? am i getting the mug? yeeeeeeeeeh!

Comment provided April 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Faisal, it sure sounds like you qualified to me! Congratulations!

Owais Siddiqui writes:

Marc,
Any rumors about #HAHD 7?

Comment provided November 15, 2011 at 3:00 PM