Your Own Article Writing Genie

What would you ask of your own article writing and marketing genie?

There are times when we all wish we had our own magic lamp with a genie inside to grant us wishes.

The childhood story of Aladdin tells of the mystical adventure of a boy who finds an oil lamp, rubs it, and has a genie pop out who grants him three wishes.

The story is designed to get us thinking about what we’d ask for if we were granted just three wishes. It can also help us reflect on our own article writing hopes, dreams and wishes.

Granting Your Wishes

We hear a number of requests for help from Expert Authors on different aspects of their article writing and marketing. Their questions range from how to get started to what SEO best practices are out there.

Today we’ll play “Genie” and give some solutions to three of the most common wishes we hear from Expert Authors.

Wish #1: Genie, grant me a never-ending stream of article ideas.

The Genie Says:

The act of writing is one thing, but being able to come up with a constant stream of ideas to lay the groundwork for an impressive article inventory is completely different. Not only do you need to deliver quality articles to be successful, you also need ideas to take your writing in new directions.

There’s an EzineArticles tool that can do just that: the Title Suggestions Tool. We’ve tapped into our keyword database, identified popular keywords and keyphrases and used the data to have keyword-rich titles written for you. Simply log into your Author’s Area and look under the Author Tools drop-down menu for Title Suggestions. Then, select a niche and keyword(s) to receive your titles. You’ll be given a set of titles to choose from and have seven days to use them.

As for other sources of article inspiration, this Blog alone can feed your hunger for article ideas. To start, check out the 50 Article Ideas in 2 Minutes video. Additionally, Part 1 and Part 2 of the Article Topics to Get You Unstuck series of posts and Article Templates are great sources of new article ideas.

Wish #2: Genie, ensure my articles are approved on the very first submission every time.

The Genie Says:

There’s really no single trick to getting your articles approved on the first submission. Just be prepared to read and understand our Editorial Guidelines and follow the points in the 2 Minute Approval Tips video series.

The more you know about the guidelines, the less chance there is of having an article rejected. Also, if you have an article rejected and are unsure of the reason why or how to change your article, contact our Member Support Team for help.

Wish #3: Genie, I want to know what keywords people are using to find my articles.

The Genie Says:

Mounds and mounds of keyword data are available for you right through the Author’s Area. To get to the stats, select View My Statistics under the Author Tools drop-down menu.

The second box down on this page is titled Keyword Referral Stats and shows search terms used to find your most-viewed articles. Help yourself and your writing efforts by using this information to make data-backed decisions on where to focus your next set of articles. Keyword research involves a degree of trial-and-error work as you find which topics are most popular and which ones are duds.

You may also consider doing keyword research outside of your account to pinpoint new areas to write about with tools like Wordtracker, Keyword Discovery, Yahoo! Clues and Good Keywords.

Have a wish that wasn’t answered? Leave a comment to share it or any other thoughts you have. Maybe we can get the genie to grant a few more wishes. ;-)

Alexis writes:

Thanks Genie. Your answers are helpful.

Comment provided January 12, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Vivek Parmar writes:

one more thing i like to add, get more people to read my blog so that i can write more. Wish i could get a genie for me

Comment provided January 12, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Cheryl Pickett writes:

Vivek, You mention you’d like to get more people to read so you can write more. Actually, it’s usually the other way around-write more first. If people like and find your writing helpful they’ll come back and hopefully refer others too..

Rob Berman writes:

Good analogy with the three wishes. Even better if you grant more wishes. Thanks for the suggestions. I was recently granted Platinum status and had my 11th article approved today. Always looking for a good keyword rich title.

Comment provided January 12, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Eric Billoud writes:

This is very helpful, thank you. For me this information is a way of going back to basics, which is essentially what I teach my business clients. Like Olympic athletes, the most successful ones are the ones who do the basics better than all. No magic bullet here!

Best regards

Comment provided January 12, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Kevin Timothy writes:

I have a wish! I wish someone from EzineArticles can tell me what the eZine Publisher statistic means. You know when you log into your back office and off to the left you have “Account Statistics”? Well, along with other valuable stats such as clicks and click through rates there is one that states “eZinePublisher.” I have no idea what that means.

Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much fellow authors!

To your prosperity,

Kevin Timothy

Comment provided January 12, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Kevin, that stat tells you how many times your article has been “picked up” and republished by an ezine publisher. Obviously, the more times your article gets republished with the resource box intact, the more readership you receive and the more traffic you get to your website or blog.

Any way of knowing who is republishing my articles? Google webmaster tools shows inbound links, but that works only when the republisher is kind enough to include the resource box.

There are two easy ways to do this:
1. Set up a Google Alert to tell you each time an article is published with you as the author and a link back to EzineArticles.
2. Find unique verbiage in your article(s), then copy and paste that verbiage into a search engine. Any articles containing that exact phrase should show up in your search.

Adam Snyder writes:

I am so glad all this information is available, I don’t know what I would do without it all.

Comment provided January 12, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Dr. Hasan Yahya writes:

Thank you EzineArticles. This type is a model of writing. Good work Marc.

Comment provided January 12, 2011 at 5:39 PM

To write about dried out stream of ideas is also a new idea.

Comment provided January 12, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Karen writes:

Just got some great ideas from your Title Suggestions Tool. Very helpful indeed. I wonder whether Genie can teach me how to get the ezinePublisher to link my articles to their site. If my article has been linked to ezinePublisher, is it possible to check which particular publisher? Thanks.

Comment provided January 12, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Josline Massey writes:

This info. was “spot on”, genie. Thanks for the heads-up, because I was a bit lost for a minute there. Now I have a real avenue to travel! Here’s to successful writing.

Comment provided January 12, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Prashant Gorade writes:

Yes All is great. What is solution on not fluent English writing but good thinker.

Comment provided January 13, 2011 at 8:32 AM

This article is another example of the fantastic support and teaching offered by EzineArticles!

I keep a list of ideas (that come to me) each day so when I am having a lack of inspiration I go to the list.

I have used title suggestions which have been very helpful and do bring lots of traffic to my site – I love that!

And, I would also like to know what “rating” and “ezine publisher” measure.

muchas gracias!

Comment provided January 13, 2011 at 8:38 AM

G. Kisselev writes:

I had no idea before that I need to submit the article as an original author including his or her email address and name. Now I know. Also Thanks Genie from Gene for good suggestions.

Comment provided January 13, 2011 at 10:04 AM

vishnu kumar writes:

innovative way to deliver the message….its rich and informative…thanks for sharing…

Comment provided January 13, 2011 at 12:07 PM

J.C. Moore writes:

I wish to be able to put graphs and more links to references into my articles. I write articles related to science and am accustomed to using graphs ( a picture is worth a thousand words) and giving references to my main points.

J.C. Moore

Comment provided January 13, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Samuel Amaechi writes:

This Article is very impressive.Thanks alot.

Comment provided January 13, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Andrew Duffy writes:

Thanks for your tips. They’ve really helped me get my articles on how to write a CV published.

Comment provided January 15, 2011 at 1:01 PM

john orton writes:

Thanks for sharing this article. Genie looks impressive and i like his in detailed answers.Title Suggestions Tool is great. I often think what title should be. Once i got a good title than i can easily make its body.

Comment provided February 4, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Geoff Lord writes:

Hi there

thanks for the reminder about finding and researching for content for new articles. I have been article writing for years but it amazes me how we can so easily forget the “Basics”. So back to basics as of today with lots of new content iedeas to write about. Thanks

Comment provided February 5, 2011 at 4:45 AM

Zack writes:

I just like to look around the world and see things that are interesting to me and then write about them. Sometimes I can just be doing everyday things and an idea will just pop up. I write down the idea and then write the article later…

Comment provided May 7, 2011 at 3:00 AM

Earl writes:

Genie is interesting way to deliver tips..good tips too. But all EzineArticles writing tips are good…Thanks.

P.S. I think the cartoons are great also.

Everything here is appreciated.

Comment provided June 4, 2011 at 7:37 PM