Resolutions to Consider Article Template

It’s the perfect time of the year to pick up this article template.

Millions of people each year make New Year’s resolutions to themselves, their family and peers. Typically, these resolutions are undertaken to make lifestyle changes, reform bad habits and start a journey towards self-improvement.

As this year comes to a close, it’s the perfect time to share your own ideas for resolutions to consider by writing new, high-quality articles.

Your niche and the expert advice you have play an important role in articles you write on the theme of resolutions. For example, you may write articles related to these common New Year’s resolutions:

• Developing Healthy Habits
  • Seeking Further Education
  • Improving Your Financial Situation
  • Giving More (e.g. volunteer to help others)
  • Cutting Stress
  • Changing Lifestyle (e.g. more independence)

… or any other resolution you’ve come up with.

Think of your niche and the advice you can give to people on how to establish, work through and execute their own resolutions. Then, use that advice to write and submit your own well-timed “Resolutions to Consider” article.

Steps for Writing an Article Around Resolutions to Consider:

1. Pick a Resolution/Set of Resolutions – Identify resolutions related to your niche that’ll help others improve their own lives. They may be things you’ve tried yourself, you’re committing to now or you plan on trying later. If you have experiences with whatever resolutions you share, it can be really valuable to share your own challenges and/or triumphs. If you have a few ideas, you can turn them each into their own article.

2. Write a Title and Introduction – Write a title and introduction that describes the area of life that requires the resolution you’ve chosen. The introduction should make it clear exactly why your article is important. That may include drawing from personal experiences.

3. Describe the Resolution – Next, explain your resolution idea and why it works. This section can be somewhat brief because the execution of the resolution is explained in the next step.

4. Make a List – List steps or ways to ensure your readers can follow through on the resolution. Lifestyle resolutions are easy to come up with, but they’re even easier to give up on if we don’t set ground rules or have ways to check up on ourselves. It may be a list of goals or steps in a process. Just make it clear exactly what needs to be done.

5. Recap the Resolution – Recap your resolution idea and, once again, explain why it’ll help. Give the reader a feeling of security that they’ll be able to follow through with your suggestions.

Remember that these types of articles have seasonal significance. There will be more interest in them during the beginning of each new year. That doesn’t mean they completely lose their value during the rest of the year. Leave out dates and other time-sensitive info and the articles will stay evergreen.

Use this template today to write your next set of high-quality, original articles for more traffic back to your website or blog. Also, leave a comment to share your own resolutions or template ideas.

Totally Brilliant and Conveniently Timely for 2011 – Great Idea!

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Alexis writes:

I love that idea. In fact i’m working hard right now to become a better writer.

Thanks!

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Al Seaton writes:

Looking for a start to an article to write today to get energized from the Christmas sluggishness. Never was into the Resolution thing but this seems right and so easy! Thanks Christopher!

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 2:28 PM

QMS writes:

great points i need to do more article writing, thanks for the pointers

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 3:10 PM

dramafarmer writes:

When I opened the email, my first thought was “oh please, not another “resolutions” article!

I’m glad I visited, though, because I’ve actually learned a few new things and already have some ideas rolling around in my head.

thanks!

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Jim Enterline writes:

I have never been on to make New Years Resolutions, however I bet many would be highly searched for in the search engines.

Thanks for the idea.

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Max Cook writes:

Great Tips. @dramafarmer, I got some great tips too.

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 4:45 PM

speciallens writes:

Just received an email regarding this. Great suggestion of this template. Will definitely use it in future.

Thanks!!

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Excellent!
The introduction should even go beyond describing why the article is important. It should highlight the issue/problem/pain spot/challenge/struggle and what kind of mistakes people make when they encounter this.
I’ve yet to write an article for EzineArtiles, but here’s what I do for my monthly e-news: I highlight the issue/etc & the why and then give a brief overview. The e-news then links to an article on my website with the solution – often with lists.

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Erich writes:

looking good I think I’ll use it

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 5:25 PM

charu writes:

Thank you so much Christopher….Its a really great tip for topics to write about…..My New year resolution is to improve upon my writing skills and work more harder to unfold the masterpiece within me which God has created inside…..

Charu

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 6:39 PM

You have always given good information. I have changed computers several times and my subscription to your email got lost (over the years!).
I am glad I found you again!

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Excellent! Good points & great template…
I’ve yet to write an article for Ezine, but here’s what I do for my monthly e-news: I highlight the issue/etc & the why and then give a brief overview which then links to an article on my website with the solution – often with lists.

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Karen writes:

Great idea about resolutions. Most people make new year resolutions but need the extra push to carry them out. Articles on resolutions would appeal to them. Thanks.

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 7:53 PM

william Chaney writes:

Thanks, read your post, wrote an article and am awaiting approval. Great Idea.

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 8:12 PM

techzarinfo writes:

Yeah, its good idea. I think i will use it.
thanks:-)

Comment provided December 28, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Victorya Gold writes:

Truly before the bedtime, yesterday, I wrote a list
with things that I want to improve in 2011. In the middle night I woke up and repeated in my mind all the written points.
Today in the morning, when I opened the computer I found, as the first thing, your article with exact the same points suggestions. What this means?
With the difference that in my list I put a supplementary point connected to general renovation of my home.
And coincidences like this one, happened in the past too.
How you explain it?
I have also to add that I learned a lot from your style to write about a subjet.
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Victorya

Comment provided December 29, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Stuart M Brown writes:

This is a great resolution that no-one should ignore. An excellent article with good ideas and template. Now there is no excuse of saying I don’t have anything to write about.

Comment provided December 29, 2010 at 1:58 AM

Sean Breslin writes:

Good piece on resolutions… Which gave me ideas for more articles, and a desire or wish that I personally could actually keep a resolution going for 3 months… yet alone a year!

Comment provided December 29, 2010 at 2:37 AM

This is, indeed, a PRICELESS article! Merci beaucoup!!!!!!!

Comment provided December 29, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Paul Pajaken writes:

My New Years Resolution is to try and stay calm when writing. I need to take a break when I become so angry about the way people lie to our faces. They know, and we know, they are lying to us, but they just don’t care what people think. It’s as if we are a herd they try to placate a little now and then. I must take the time to stay calm and back away from the keyboard to reorganize my thoughts and cool down. I can lose the thread of thought and wander into other subjects. I can be somewhat hot headed and volitile. Politics is what drives me and my country is precious to me. My grandchildren are growing up into the mess we have allowed to happen and it is up to each and every one of us to try and put right. Thank You

Comment provided December 29, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Indeed, what a perfect topic for a Resolution article in the “Anger Management Category” – cannot wait to read it, because it sounds as if you have some first hand experience on this subject. People could really learn quite a bit from your insight.

ananthnag writes:

That’s a good idea but I’m not sure how to compete with these seniors…hmm…let me see…

Comment provided December 29, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Mark Demers writes:

Excellent timing for this – I love the idea of using a template for writing my article . I’ll try it the first chance I get. Thanks for the heads up in the e-mail you sent.

Comment provided December 29, 2010 at 12:33 PM

voipphone guy writes:

Great tips for the resolutions. Even can be applied towards article structure and will help me improve my article writing skills.

tq

Comment provided December 29, 2010 at 12:35 PM

yashvanth writes:

Amazing..Very Good Idea.Thank U very much.

Comment provided December 29, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Werson Fencing writes:

It is good way for show press release.
Glad to hear this news.

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 8:42 AM

How does one put their picture (like several on your site) next to their comments?

Vern Christopher

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Vern, those are called Gravatars. Check out this post to learn all about them: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2010/07/gravatars-revisited.html

Great concise and easy to follow template. It is easy to get sidetracked when writing and this keeps the focus where it needs to be.

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Don Bengert writes:

Good insight! Will use this template to assist my viewers
on the necessity of their needs. Thanx…

Comment provided January 2, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Troy Vayanos writes:

Excellent Post I’m going to use your idea to write a new
article for my website today! Thanks

Comment provided January 2, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Barbara Kutra writes:

Having this template is a valuable tool. Helps keep me on track to writing an article that leads the reader from one idea to another in a smooth and flowing fashion. Thank You.

Comment provided January 3, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Ismed Harryadi writes:

After read your articles, I try to write an article and still wait 7 days if it will approve or not. Thks four your sharing

Comment provided January 28, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Alex Tom writes:

Your templates are priceless and I look forward to receiving these helpful hints and tips to improve my writing…

Thanks and keep them coming.

Comment provided January 28, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Bob Sunn writes:

I’m resolute to becoming a expert writer and 1 to 3 articles a day.

Comment provided January 29, 2011 at 1:48 AM

Danny writes:

Thanks for you sharing, good info for a newbie here like me, but I’m still waiting for my articles to be approve, hope it will be so soon.

Comment provided February 3, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Kay Catlett writes:

I am pleased that EzineArticles is dedicated to helping authors. I have enjoyed writing, but am using a lot of time that I believe will be saved using the templates. Thanks.

Comment provided February 3, 2011 at 3:47 PM

I rarely use templates but this one looks like one I will try. Thanks for continuing to bring us practical info and tips.

Comment provided January 1, 2014 at 2:30 PM

hariharan writes:

i will try follow your template and try to use write and submit )

Comment provided August 12, 2014 at 8:53 AM