#HAHD 5 Wraps Up Tomorrow

The 5th #HAHD Marathon Challenge comes to a close on Friday, December 31st at 11:59PM CT-US.

This deadline will be here before you know it. Keep submitting your high-quality original articles to qualify.

To complete the Challenge, you must successfully submit 100 qualifying articles of 400 words or more during the 100 days of the Challenge, which ends tomorrow, December 31st. If you’ve signed up for this writing marathon, you can check out how close you are to the 100 article mark and any other goals you set for yourself with the #HAHD 5 progress bars in the Author’s Area of your account.

If you’re already past 100 articles and looking for more of a challenge, aim to qualify for the Double #HAHD Challenge. Write an additional 100 articles (total of 200) in the same time limit and we’ll reward you with a bonus prize!

Here’s a reminder of the prizes and bonuses.

• All Qualifiers Receive:

1. Downloadable #HAHD Certificate of Achievement (frame not included)
    2. Limited-Edition EzineArticles #HAHD Mouse Pad
    3. Limited-Edition EzineArticles Multi-Purpose Padfolio
    4. Limited-Edition Data DVD with EzineArticles Videos
    5. EzineArticles Member’s Pen
    6. EzineArticles “My Next 10 Article Ideas” Notepad
  • Double #HAHD Challenge Bonus Prize: EzineArticles Flash Drive Pre-Loaded with Article Templates
  • Added Bonus: The top 100 members for total number of approved submissions will also qualify to be selected for 1 of 10 FREE 1-year EzineArticles Premium Membership subscriptions valued at $697 each!

Participating in #HAHD 5 is just one way you can set personal goals and stay motivated to write. Submitting more articles means more high-quality traffic driven to your links. Also, completing this Challenge will boost your reputation as an expert in your niche.

You can stay up-to-date on everything related to the Challenge and keep others notified of your progress with the #HAHD hashtag on Twitter.

Leave a comment to share your experiences of this #HAHD, past Challenges and how you stay motivated.

ntathu allen writes:

Congratulations to everyone nearing the finishing line. Well done. I started but didn’t finish–so I know how dedicated you are to get this far. Keep focused

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Raquel Reznik writes:

Congratulations to you!

Rizvana Abdul writes:

Great to know that and now waiting for my goodies as my New Year Gift from EzineArticles … I set my goal as 200 but couldnt attain it and I’m happy that at least I have submitted 102 articles for now and qualified for being the first 100!!

Great Happy New Year to All!

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 8:50 AM

MJ Schrader writes:

My goal as well was over 200 but landed at 102. Too many other projects in the air but thankful I got in the 100 and that you did as well. Congrats

Alexis writes:

Congrats to all qualified.
Happy new years all !!!!

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Raquel Reznik writes:

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 8:59 AM

J Chase writes:

Congratulations to all who have made it or are close to completing. I started late in October and completed my 100th article on 12/26/10.

The HAHD was a great way for me to also write better articles, I finally qualified for Platinum during this time!!
May you all have a great 2011!!!

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Keith writes:

I’ve just 9 to go for the double challenge! I have really enjoyed the 3 challenges this year – they are great inspiration to be doing what I know I must do more of – writing plenty of quality articles.

The prizes are a good incentive to write and the increase in traffic an excellent reward afterwards.

Thanks to the editors for their speedy reviews and Jenna for sorting my recent problem!

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Clare writes:

I started – and finished !!!! yay..

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Neil Rischall writes:

Silly question – I guess – 1 more day left means that articles submitted on December 31 will be reviewed. So EzineArticles will be open on Friday? ( Wow I am impressed – a very intense organization when many others are taking off the day! )

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 2:00 PM

PTC writes:

Congratulations to all who are meeting this deadline of productivity. Best wishes in this New Year everyone!

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Rocky Torres writes:

Goodluck…welcome 2011!

Comment provided December 30, 2010 at 11:54 PM

pictures for world writes:

I started – and finished !!!! yay.

Comment provided December 31, 2010 at 4:08 AM

Anyaele Sam Chiyson writes:

Congratulations to every one who completed the marathon! You are productive people. Best of wishes to all EzineArticles expert authors…You do greater things in 2011.

Comment provided December 31, 2010 at 5:58 AM

Patrick Logan writes:

Well… I started strong, and then that 4 letter word LIFE got in the way.

It they have another marithon next year, watch out… I intend to be the “leader of the pack”

To all… have a happy (and save) New Years

Comment provided December 31, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Congratulations to those who made it. I myself started strong, business got busy, but still made the goal (had to submit over 70 articles in 5 days) because excuses are just that excuses. This is a viable marketing strategy, but only if you do it. Thanks to the great staff at EzineArticles for all of their hard work, their continued encouragement and how easy they make it to keep track. 5 Challenges done and completed. The sixth one starts in early January.

Comment provided December 31, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Adam Snyder writes:

I can’t wait for the next challenge. I started out averaging 6 articles the first 9 days but then I got busy. this next challenge I hope to write at least 500 articles with my goal being 1000. I love these challenges, they make you want to write more and more and seeing that bar on the side telling you how close you are to finishing is a great motivator.

Comment provided December 31, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Russ writes:

Someone’s godda ask: When will be the next hundred day challenge cause I can’t wait, soon?

Comment provided December 31, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Russ, the next challenge starts on January 10th. Watch the Blog for more details.

Russ writes:

Well ok.
You used to put a little space between them it’s getting almost back to back now ha.
thanks for getting back so fast on my question.

Owais Siddiqui writes:

EzineArticles is trying to keep us writers on the toes. Make the prizes more lucrative and you’ll see more winners in the next round.

Why don’t you add a laptop for 500 article goal? It would be fun to reach that :)

Wow! I got a late start but just finished my 100 articles. Thanks for the challenge. It gives us that extra push to do what we should be doing anyway!
Congrat to everyone else who made it!

Comment provided December 31, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Marte Cliff writes:

Whew! Made it just in time.

Business got busy and I got about 12 articles behind a month or so ago. In spite of my best efforts to catch up, I was missing whole days. Ugh!

Then I messed myself up… a long story and I appreciate the EzineArticles staff for helping me get through it.

That left me with 2 days to write 10 or so articles. Thank goodness no one was counting on me to get copy in for a deadline on those two days. I got those done, and wrote one more for good measure.

Thanks as always for pushing us onward.

Happy New Year to all!

Comment provided January 1, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Anyaele Sam Chiyson writes:

Congratulations to all Expert Authors! Happy New Year to all! It is so awesome to make it again in a grand style.Starting my 2011 with a certificate of Achievement from EzineArticles Marathon Challenge is a good way to start my year as a burning and shining light…I am ready for the #HAND 6 come January 10,2011. It is so winsome to rule the world and so lovesome to write original articles that are changing the world. I am really living…Achievement is my lifestyle. Kudos to all Achievers.

Comment provided January 2, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Kailasa chozhan writes:

I need to get more ideas about Article submission through
this website and How can I add my links to this articles. Please
let me know.

Comment provided January 2, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Since your links would go primarily in your Resource Box, I would recommend checking out this post to learn more: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2009/05/resource-box-revisited.html

Owais Siddiqui writes:

@Marc will you be announcing the winners of the First prize like you did last HAHD

Comment provided January 2, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Yes, as soon all submitted articles are approved and the final results are tabulated, we’ll be announcing the 10 winners of the free Premium memberships.

I’ve done it again. Thanks to my EzineArticles Community for motivating us – experts and all

Congratulations to those who have made it

For those who haven’t completed… there’s always a next time

A blessed 2011

Long live EzineArticles!

We pray for holy workers, smile all
Rose Flores Martinez, Ezine forever hahaha

Comment provided January 2, 2011 at 9:23 PM

faisal farrukh writes:

how we can see the over all performance of the contestants? this would be a good research point for self evaluation against the competition……..please make it visible to us.

i wanted to hit 200……just got stuck at 198!!!

Comment provided January 2, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Faisal, because of the delay between submission and publication (among other factors) we haven’t yet tabulated the final results. Once we do, we’ll be making that data available to our members.

Raj writes:

What does one get if they submitted 500 articles?

Comment provided January 3, 2011 at 7:02 AM

A hearty congratulations for a job well done and a HUGE amount of laser-targeted website traffic, increased credibility in your niche and a boost in media exposure.

Owais Siddiqui writes:

:) Perfect reply!
What more can anyone ask for!!!
But I will ask EzineArticles folks to consider this as a milestone target.

Clement Sadjere writes:

it was awesome to realize that one can achieve 100 articles in 100 days. i thought i could meet the 200 target but i am absolutely trilled to be among those who completed 100. what with the added incentives, i cant wait for january 10th to commence the 6th HAHD Challenge. Wishing all EzineArticles staff a wonderful 2011. You all deserve some praise.

To those who couldn’t meet up with the challenge, there is always another opportunity.

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Comment provided January 4, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Habeeb Rehman writes:

Though I could not complete the Challenge, yet it has given me tremendous zeal and instigation to write. I am waiting for January 10 to start again with success. One THING more, your prizes are great source of inspiration, especially THE CERTIFICATE.

Comment provided January 4, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Mah writes:

Hi Chris,

I submitted exactly 100 articles by 31st December ( I can send you my author name privately if you ask me to).. and finished only 10 hours before the deadline. I was apprehensive whether they’d all qualify. All went through smoothly, except for one, which showed some issues. I went ahead and edited it and now even that one is approved, but I can’t see the HAHD certificate or congratulatory note on my home page! I can’t bear to think that I went through all this trouble and all for nothing and even though there seemed to be no cup this time, still I would have liked to have a token of my participation and qualifying. Could you please check it at your end. I am literally in tears ;)

Comment provided January 5, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Provide me with your author name and I’ll review it further. :)

Salma Owais writes:

Hi Penny,
I have the “download your certificate now” link active in my dashboard. Does this mean that I have qualified?

Yes. :) It looks as though you met your personal goal as well. OVERACHIEVER! That’s awesome!

Mah, once the final approvals are done and I get the reports I need, I will personally look into this for you. We expect to have everything finished by the end of this week or early next week.

Mah writes:

Thanks for the reply Penny and Chris. I want to mail my author name and details to you .. what email id should I send it to? I really, really wanted this HAHD’s momentos. I missed out the first HAHD but have been making sure I qualify the ones I went for after that. In fact for HAHD#1, I did submit 100+ articles and qualified, but back them I wasn’t aware that there was anything like a HAHD going on and also unaware of the momentos being distributed, so I didn’t send the mail requesting them. Much, much later I understood the importance of the HAHD certificate link on the author home page. Since then, I have enter each of your marathon runs and have received 4 sets of goodies from you guys. It just feels so special each time :)

Comment provided January 5, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Mah, I looked into this and can clearly see that you did submit 100 articles in the #HAHD 5 time frame. You will receive your goodies as promised – they’ll be sent out within the next few weeks.

Mah writes:

Yay!! Thanks a lot for confirming this, Marc. I will await the packet and in the meanwhile gear up for the next HAHD.

Mah writes:

Just got my packet of gifts. Thanks a lot you guys. It feels so special each time. EzineArticles and HAHD rocks. :)

You’re most welcome! Glad to hear they arrived safely. Thanks for participating in #HAHD 5! :-)

Marte Cliff writes:

Hmmm… I no longer see anything at all about HAHD on my author’s page. I wouldn’t wonder about it, except I see someone else here has a “download the certificate link.”

Is this something I need to question, or just a matter of timing? I know I got 101 articles done by the deadline.

Comment provided January 5, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Marte (and others),

Now that the challenge is complete, you would no longer see the progress bars in the left navigational pane. However, you can still download and print your certificate of achievement by clicking on the “Author Tools” menu and selecting “Accomplishments”.

You’ll also be able to sign up for #HAHD 6 in the left nav a little later today.

Mah writes:

Sorry to bother you again, Marc. But it seems like I would have to do without the certificate this time. Can see only the old certificates in the Author>Accomplishments menu :( I assume my details are still not updated.

Keep watching it, Mah. It should update when your final article gets approved.

Mah writes:

Marc, I waited till the last article (100th) article got approved. I had thought that the link would appear magically once that happened. Sadly that did not happen. I posted my first “SOS” post here when I gathered there was no indication of my participation or qualifying. Had you guys rejected any article, I would have understood, but after all of them got approved, I was a little heartbroken ;)

I think I should give up the cause now.

Comment provided January 6, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Mah, you may want to look again, there may have been a delay in the system – or perhaps refresh your browser. I verified that your account does show you as an #HAHD qualifier and your certificate is ready to be printed.

Mah writes:

Yippee!! I see it now. Thanks Marc. And yes, I will sign up for HAHD #6 too.

Dr.Diane writes:

Interesting to read all the comments. I signed up for 100 articles and did 103. It was not easy, but not too hard either. It’s a matter of discipline.

Sometimes I couldn’t do an article a day for 4-5 days and had to catch up right away. It really kept me on my toes, let me put it this way.

It was a great challenge and I thank EzineArticle for doing it. I can imagine how busy you editors must have been — it was a challenge for you too, no doubt.
Congratulations to you as well.

Happy and Prosperous New Year to all!

Comment provided January 10, 2011 at 2:05 PM

We’ve drawn the 10 lucky recipients of the FREE 1-year Premium Membership subscription! All will be notified privately via email, but here’s a quick list of the winners (last names have been removed to ensure privacy):

Paul B. – United States
Pamella N. – United States
Paul C. – Canada
Richard B. – United States
Joseph P. – United States
Nnamdi I. – United States
Marc M. – United States
Dan T. – United Kingdom
Carolyn H. – New Zealand
Bob H. – United States

Congratulations to all of the winners!

Comment provided January 14, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Owais Siddiqui writes:

:( I never win this

What was the cut-off to be in the top 100?

Comment provided January 14, 2011 at 4:44 PM

The cutoff was 156 articles.

Thank you Marc. Gives me something to aim for this time :-)

faisal farrukh writes:

Marc, do you mean whoever submitted more than 156 articles are in the list? Or there was a lottery?
wow..now i have to type ‘research’ to post the comment!!! strange!!!

faisal farrukh writes:

ok…i got it…you drawn!
now it says ‘platinum’ to type!!!

Maya Tenney writes:

wheeehaaaaa !! just received my gifts!!!

just wondering though when you will announce the 10 winners of the free premium membership, in the letter I received it said I was 1 of the top 100 qualifying to be entered in the draw :D:D:D

Comment provided January 25, 2011 at 5:21 AM

Maya, we posted the winners back on 1/14: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2010/12/hahd-5-wraps-up-tomorrow.html#comment-70888

Ong Xun Xiang writes:

Thanks a lot for this marathon! I just received my gifts:) I must say that I’ve learnt a lot from overcoming the odds in this event.

For this, I really have to thank EzineArticles for giving me this chance to challenge my limits!

Comment provided January 30, 2011 at 5:32 AM

faisal farrukh writes:

How many of the HAHD5 qualifiers have received their gifts? Is there any one like me who has not yet received anything?
I do not understand why the qualifiers do not receive their gift tracking numbers? We can then keep eyes on it and help the courier to make their way, faster, correctly? After submitting 100 plus articles, is it much big expectation to receive the parcel tracking number? Or we are just putting more burden!!!
Do not know – i am participating in HAHD6 and inspiration going down now!!!
What a luck…to post this comment i need to type ‘speed’ in the box!!!

Comment provided January 31, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Faisal, I apologize for the delay in receipt of your gifts. Please understand, however, that we have to wait about a week before we can even begin processing the gifts to make sure all qualifying articles have gone through the approval process. Once we have our list of qualifiers, it takes another week to process and package nearly 300 pieces of mail. Once sent, via USPS, it can often take 1-3 weeks to reach an international location such as yours.

Since we ship USPS Priority Mail, there is no tracking code generated, so we are unable to provide that information.