EzineArticles Formula Update

Summary:

EzineArticles Formula is now $997 $397 USD until December 14th, 11:59PM CST.
[Buy NowLearn More]

The Details:

The market is always right … I don’t necessarily have to agree with it, but I always believe the market is right.

Back in September when we began planning for the release of the EzineArticles Formula, I knew we wanted to put together the most comprehensive training program we’ve ever done to date. To that end, I enlisted a dozen people from our respective teams plus hired a full-time Director of Online Education. They spent two full months putting our best foot forward to help our clients maximize their return on time invested in article writing and marketing.

We had one false-start and, as a result, I made the difficult decision to delay the release for three full weeks so we could further hone and improve the back-end systems. In those three weeks, we built a full back-end interactive delivery system for the training so that you could not only download and view the 65 training videos, checklists, MP3s, workbook exercises and teleseminar details, but you could also INTERACT with other classmates and your instructor(s) (Marc, Rob and myself). It’s about giving you ACCESS to the best.

The goal is to provide you with a student/teacher experience so that you don’t feel alone or left out during the training. This allows you to ask clarifying questions and within a day, get a real response with a comprehensive answer.

During the launch of this new training product, we received pretty harsh feedback about our $997 price point. I ignored that feedback because I knew we were on target to deliver $1,997 worth of value for only $997 … and with the single-pay option, $797 was a heck of a bargain.

In addition, I knew that if someone had a need for the training and didn’t purchase it yet, it was because we didn’t do a good enough job of making the value proposition or the value (as perceived by our prospects) isn’t as high in their minds as in ours. This, again, is where I believe the market is perfect and always right, regardless of what I think or feel.

Then came launch day (Tuesday of this week). We had a pretty good day of sales and signed up a bunch of new students, but it wasn’t as many as we hoped. Worse, the value that we wanted to create between the students learning from each other was in jeopardy. To get proper value, we believe we needed a few hundred students going through the 10-module, 5-week program.

I then thought about this metaphor: Rolls Royces, Bentlys, Lamborghinis and other exotic, expensive cars – you don’t see many on the road (in Wisconsin, I think I’ve seen about 2-3 on the road in my lifetime), but it’s not because they aren’t an excellent value. It’s because the majority of us can’t afford one. In other words, these exotic car manufacturers have priced themselves out of several markets on purpose; or they have targeted a very specific clientele who can afford it or do see the value proposition as a good one.

The Revised Plan

I want you to have access to the best article writing and marketing training in the world at a price that makes good business sense. We’re not new to article writing and marketing, but we are new to delivering this type of comprehensive online training program. I hope many will soon perceive the EzineArticles Formula as the equivalent to a college-level education in the art & science of article writing & marketing.

We’re still committed to delivering $1,997 USD worth of value to you for this training, and until next Tuesday, December 14th at 11:59PM, you can get in for one low payment of only $397 USD!

Plus, you still get EzineArticles Premium membership FREE for the 5 weeks during the course and if you were already a Premium member, we’ll add 5 weeks to your subscription for free. You can’t lose!

In exchange for dropping the price by $600, from $997 to $397, there are two very specific things we’d like to respectfully ask of you:

1. That during or after the course, if you believed you received more than you paid for, tell us with an audio or video testimonial we can use to help encourage future students in 2011 to participate in this course. If audio or video isn’t a possibility for you, we’re glad to accept text-based or emailed testimonials.

2. That you give us feedback at least once about anything having to do with the course, like the curriculum/content, the delivery of the content or how we can make it better.

Satisfaction Guaranteed

As always, you still get our 100% satisfaction guaranteed offer. If, at any time, you don’t think it was everything and more than we promised, ask for a refund, tell us how we failed you and regardless of the reason, we will refund your money. Of course, we’d rather try to make it right or help you in any way we can, but if you’re not 100% convinced this was a smart decision to invest in the training for yourself, you still get your money back.

Go here to order for $397 USD VIP/charter student price: http://EzineArticlesFormula.com/

This product will be off the market at 11:59PM CST Tuesday, December 14th because we’re only going to accept new students for (5) days and then we’ll close it down so we can focus on delivering the training, improving the content and back-end delivery based on client feedback.

If the timing isn’t right today for you, we hope to deliver it again in 2011 … but I won’t be able to promise the $397 price. Most likely, we won’t offer it at this steep of a discount because this is our flagship most comprehensive training ever offered. Plus you get access to ME via two exclusive and private teleseminars! I’ll also be watching for your questions during the course so I can help you get the most out of your time and this training.

Maggie Dawson writes:

Wow.

I’ve gotta try to come up with the cash for this!

my captcha phrase below is “user obsessed.” Ha! That about sums it up.

Comment provided December 9, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Maggie Dawson writes:

P.S. One comment. The timing for this may have been off a bit. If I hadn’t just spent $500 on Xmas gifts, this would be a no-brainer.

Comment provided December 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Susan Greene writes:

I have to ask the obvious, even though it doesn’t affect me personally. Do the people who signed up early on get a refund of the price difference?

If not, there’s a lesson to be learned here about early enrollment in a new program.

Comment provided December 9, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Rob, Director of Online Education writes:

Susan,

Great question, and the answer is yes. We have refunded the difference to everyone that purchased earlier this week.

No lessons to be learned in this case except maybe by us.

Our community is razor sharp. You have all guided us back to the right path when we have drifted on The EzineArticles Formula release.

Our intent has always been to deliver a great product that everyone can take advantage of. I believe we are finally there.

Susan,

We took care of them BEFORE this blog post came out.

That was the right thing to do. We’re not in this business for the short-term nor a quick buck.

Plus, we have the 100% satisfaction guaranteed philosophy that would have protected the early bird sign ups. :)

Yes, it was difficult refunding a lot of money this morning, but I’m hoping this new more-affordable price point makes up for it.

Susan Greene writes:

Well done, guys. Best of luck with the program. Sounds like an awesome value at the new price point.

Comment provided December 9, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Patricia Hines writes:

Program sounds great, I was really looking forward to being able to purchase. Although I am sure it is worth the money, it is priced way above what I can pay. I wish everyone who is able to purchase great success.

Comment provided December 9, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Alvin Buchanan writes:

I can’t understand why you would run such a valuable course during the Christmas Holiday season. Many people will not even be at home, or able to concentrate on an intensive course during this type of holiday. why not run the course in about the second week in January and still sell it now?

Comment provided December 9, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Rob, Director of Online Education writes:

I understand your point Alvin.

I know the holiday season can be very hectic, and time is at a premium.

The EzineArticles Formula was designed to make time irrelevant in terms of accessing the deliverables. Even though you will be delivered a true student/teacher experience for the next 5 weeks, you will not have to worry about the structure of being to class at a specific time.

You can go through the course at your leisure, and will be able to download the entire course if you choose.

In other words, if you purchase the EzineArticles Formula today, you will still have access to the course after the 1st of the year with the download option.

Frank Kalinski writes:

Hi Chris,
You got that right about “something is only worth what someone WILL pay for it”.

I’m thinking you’re up against the education/industrial complex. We have hammered a degree from a University into our kids minds that offering a class with no credit towards a degree will be tough sell.

however…

I would pay for editing on per job basis ($ per word) and the feedback would be just like “on-line training” I have writen some short stories and essays too. (and ok, some poetry too)

I might pay oh, say $20 for a 500 word article? But I write so sporadically I would like to pay per job. Maybe others would subscribe to (x) $ per month or year.

Frank

Comment provided December 9, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Hardy writes:

Hi Chris,

I’m just wondering (also another ideas to get more subscribers).

Would you consider providing a payment plan so more people can afford the course?

I believe the course is of great value. I don’t doubt that. But with Christmas just around the corner, a lot of people have been planning on how much they will spend on Christmas gifts for their family. And spending another $397 may not fit into that budget.

And also considering the more people that buy this course, the more people you will have in the “class” and the more value everyone will get out of the course, I think it could be a great idea if you can offer a payment plan.

Please consider it.

Cheers,

Hardy

Comment provided December 9, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Darryl Hurst writes:

I am seriously thinking of buying it especially at the reduced price as I consider it a geed education and is what I need right now.

I work a day job and wonder if students will have to follow the schedule to the T. I would have to work in the evening hours and may have to follow the program in smaller chunks. Will all the materials be downloadable to work at our own pace?

Comment provided December 10, 2010 at 6:54 AM

Rob, Director of Online Education writes:

Great question Darryl, and the answer is yes.

With the EzineArticles Formula you will have the option to go through the coursework inside of your interface, or you can choose to download everything and go through it offline.

With both options you will still be able to go through the coursework at your leisure.

The EzineArticles Formula is a course in the sense that you will be delivered a true student/teacher experience, but unlike a university, you won’t have to worry about being at class at a specific time.

The course is designed to work around your schedule, so you have the best of both worlds.

Maggie Dawson writes:

If you guys provide a 3-pay, I’m in.

Comment provided December 10, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Kim writes:

I agree that payments would make this a “yes” but one big payout before Christmas is tough. Any change of at least 2 payments?

Comment provided December 12, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Rob, Director of Online Education writes:

In response to Kim, Maggie, and anyone else that needs some holiday relief. We will be announcing in our newsletter later today that we are coming out with an option to pay in 3 easy installments of $147! This functionality has been added to the order page.

If you are ready to order, simply click on the link below, and it will take you out to the order page.

Hopefully that helps!

Maggie writes:

You guys are awesome! This makes it a no-brainer for me, since I’m about to pay $97 for another month of Premium on the 16th.

Thanks for making it so accessible.

Murray Grossan writes:

Stanford and others offer magazine article writing courses that tell you how to SELL your article.
fronkly, if you can get an article into Prevention or Weekly or any Print, it will have many more readers.
Can your course help me get into print?

Comment provided December 13, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Tutorials writes:

I think there is much to do on EzineArticles and it really works for me.

Comment provided January 26, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Maria Gonzalez writes:

So this is the preceding post for the $997 formula class. The price is actually lowered to $397 which is a good price-value situation. I wish people read this post first.

Comment provided March 11, 2011 at 2:56 AM