Today’s Expert Author Case Study introduces us to Dr. Robert Henry Schwenk, a full-time life coach with 38 years of experience and several books to his credit.
Robert (a.k.a. Dr. Bob) writes articles about the meaning of life and happiness based on a lifetime of experiences of helping real people. According to Dr. Bob, everyone is unique and can find the meaning of their lives through the process of being happy.
Article writing and marketing is a way for Dr. Bob to share bits and pieces of the knowledge he’s gained from interacting with countless people. Ideas and mental exercises that work are turned into articles.
As a part of our ongoing Expert Author Case Study project, we asked Dr. Bob to share his own thoughts on article writing and marketing.
- What sets you apart from other Expert Authors?
I have nearly 40 years of work in the real world with real people who are trying to find happiness. Studying through that entire period of time has kept me occupied as well. Also, I am used to writing because I needed to produce and deliver a speech at least once a week.
- What’s your secret to article writing and marketing success?
My secret to article writing is simple: I set myself a goal (three articles per week, no matter what) and fulfill that destination. [I] pay attention to the reports that EzineArticles gives [me]. I found a niche I didn’t know existed by observing those reports.
- How do you stay motivated to write articles?
There are three motivating factors for me:
a. Most importantly, I want to share what I have learned and experienced with others who need that information.
b. As I continue to study, I find more and more ideas that people might like to have to help them with happiness.
c. I would like to make a little extra money.
- How do you decide what to write about?
As I continue to study, ideas keep leaping off the page at me and they say to me, ‘Share this with those who are searching.’ It is the ideas themselves that decide for me what I shall write about.
- How do you balance writing for quality and quantity?
I learned long ago that I, or any author, will rarely get everything exactly perfect. So I draft, redraft and then publish. If I waited until everything I wrote was perfect, I would never finish and publish. Folks might miss something they need. Also, limiting myself to three articles a week allows me time to digest what was written and what’s about to be written so it doesn’t grow stale.
- How has using EzineArticles affected your traffic?
Almost all traffic I have comes through EzineArticles. It takes time for a blog to be found usually, but people are searching EzineArticles all the time for material relevant to their needs.
- How does article marketing fit into your overall marketing plan?
At this early stage in my marketing “career,” article marketing is easily two-thirds of the plan. It’s something I can do consistently, people can find consistently and hopefully, people find useful consistently.
- What EzineArticles tools do you find the most beneficial?
The EzineArticles tools I like the most are these: keyword suggestions, recently selected categories (helps keep me on track) and the staff at EzineArticles. I have felt, if not seen, their guiding hands occasionally helping me along. I believe that someone on staff kindly put an article of mine in a better category than I had had it in. I also very much enjoy the continued education that EzineArticles offers all its authors.
- Anything else you’d like to share?
I learn as much about myself, and for myself, as I do for my readers when I write articles.
Here is a summary of Robert’s thoughts and his advice for newbie article marketers:
- Write From What You Know – There are people out in the world that can be helped by your expert knowledge. Give them what they want! Write articles based on things you know.
- Use All Resources Available to You – Get as much as you can from the available EzineArticles educational materials. That includes email newsletters, Blog posts, the email training series and EzineArticles on Facebook and Twitter.
- Set Goals – Set yourself up to do “X” articles per week and stick to it. Writing a certain number of articles every day or week will put you on a path to be consistently producing more content for your article inventory.
- Seek the Help of a Mentor – Find yourself a mentor, and learn about article marketing from them. They can put you on the road to success.
- Never Stop Learning – Keep your mind open to learning new things that you can share in new articles.
- Tap the Resources of EzineArticles – Their guiding hands will undoubtedly help you along the way.
Use these quick tips to write and submit your next set of high-quality, original articles. Also, leave a comment for Dr. Bob and share one of your own tips.