There are a couple of very powerful ways you can share your expertise outside of your EzineArticles account.
One such example is placing your Expert Author RSS feed on your own website. This gives your site visitors a chance to see the extent of your expertise directly.
RSS (also known as Real Simple Syndication) is a way for people interested in certain topics to be instantly updated when new content on those topics is published. RSS feeds provide a stripped-down version of the new content in a flexible web format that can be placed on websites or read with an RSS reader.
All EzineArticles Expert Authors with at least one published article have an RSS feed set up for their articles. The Expert Author RSS feed shows a summary of your bio and your most recent articles with the title, published date and a summary.
To Access Your RSS Feed:
- Go to your Expert Author Bio.
- Click on the RSS Feed button.
- You’ll be taken to a webpage depicting your RSS feed. Copy the URL for that page onto your clipboard.
- Paste the URL into the appropriate field in your RSS module or plug-in application.
- For more details, click here.
Most website and blog authoring software has RSS capabilities in the form of plug-ins (WordPress), modules (Squidoo) or macros (WebGUI CMS). There are also HTML templates and add-ons like CaRP available online. You’ll need to review the documentation or contact your webmaster for details about how to add RSS to your site.*
Other Advantages of RSS Feeds
EzineArticles gives you easy access to your own Expert Author RSS feed, but you don’t have to limit your use of RSS in article writing and marketing to just that. In addition, you can use an RSS reader to keep tabs on what other people in your niche are writing about. You can choose to follow a single person or a whole niche.
To Set-Up and View an RSS Feed:
- Find an RSS reader and download it.
- Go to the main page for the niche or the author bio.
- Hover over the RSS Icon .
- Click on your preferred RSS Reader Button in the drop-down menu.
- Follow the directions for your reader on adding a new feed.
With RSS, you can include your Expert Author feed right on your own website, and you can use an RSS reader to keep you up-to-date on your niche. Now, go and try to incorporate the use of RSS feeds into your overall article writing and marketing strategy. Also, leave a comment to share your experiences related to RSS feeds.
* Note: Adding RSS feeds to your website requires intermediate-to-advanced web authoring skills and may be too challenging for beginners. EzineArticles Member Support cannot provide support for RSS feed implementation.