New Author Bio Layout Test

Today, we officially launched the beta test of a fresh, new Author Bio page for every Expert Author.

A little over a month ago, our new Blog theme made its “red carpet” debut. Back then, we asked for your first impressions and feedback on the Blog’s updated appearance and new features. We’ve taken that feedback and applied it to the Expert Author Bio Page as well.

Here’s What’s Changed:

• A new crisp, clean look. Everything on this page is easily accessible and delivers on our purpose: To bring the focus to you and to promote you as the Expert Author.
  • Your Expert Author View and Expert Bio View shared similarities. Now you have all your information in one area, which makes you easily accessible.
  • Easy Access to comments, views, and the niches you’ve written in.
  • Published dates are visible on this page (this used to be located at the bottom of the article view).
  • Quick sign-up box to get email notifications when the displayed author publishes a new article.
  • 25 most recent articles.
  • Top 20 niches you’ve written in (ranked highest to lowest).
  • Brand new search function specific to the author which allows you to search the author’s articles.
  • Links to the author’s recommended reading and 4 professional photo thumbnails in the “More From …” section.

Now it’s more important than ever to complete all of your Expert Author Bio by posting an author photo, a short introduction of who you are and links to your websites and social media pages. Go to your Expert Author Account now and fill in as much as you can. The more complete this section is, the better you look!

Also, leave a comment below to let us know what you think of the new Author Bio page layout.

Frankie Cooper writes:

It has it’s advantages but I like the other layout better because it was easier to find certain articles posted in on a specific topic. But after a while I’ll get use to this format.

Comment provided November 16, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I already saw it! Very nice. But I feel article categories should be there.

Comment provided November 16, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I assume that you are referring to a list of the categories you have submitted articles in?

If so, you can find a list of your categories under the recent articles listing. We’re in the process of linking “X Niches” to this section of the page now so users can get there faster.

nauman writes:

nice and clean layout.

Comment provided November 16, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Larry Icabandi Nabiong writes:

Great work from great people. A HUGE THANK YOU to the great minds and hearts behind EzineArticles.COM

Keep up the good work. I do appreciate this one.

Comment provided November 16, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Glad I saw the blurb on facebook! I haven’t been on EzineArticles in a while and needed a gentle push. I think the new bio page will be nice once we get used to it.

Comment provided November 16, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Eric, welcome back! Glad to know our Facebook presence help you find your way back. :-)

Absolutely *love* the new bio page – everything is so easily accessible and it’s very attractive.

Comment provided November 17, 2010 at 5:06 AM

Sylvia McGrath writes:

Nice clean layout, I like Eric had not written any new articles this past year due to family health challenges.

Taking me back to the page inspired me to get back in the groove. Intend to work on more articles this coming year.

Comment provided November 17, 2010 at 9:19 AM

I like it. Very clean.

Comment provided November 17, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Saki S writes:

Simply superb!!! I love it, so clean and elegant, truly appealing, really! :) Great work done.

Comment provided November 18, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Donna Johnson writes:

I love that this new bio is both very useful, with great features to help our viewers to find us online, and it also has a very nice visual presentation.

Comment provided November 22, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Your old author writes:

I like the new layout, looks wonderful. Chris, if you don’t mind, I have a suggestion for you. I am with EzineArticles since 6 years, and you guys are improving it every year.

I like to highlight one area which is actually frustrating for authors and there is no support from EzineArticles too. Please read the example below:

If a platinum level author adds another author to his/her account, there is no option for new author to get hold of his account, if relationship break. I use to have an account shared with another author (my past friend), but once we break, she denied access to my account and still using my bio, my picture on most of the articles published within her account. I have no rights to get back that.

In my opinion, every author is individual identity and no one should be allowed to hold author account. Instead it should be returned to original author.

Thanks for your attention. If you think this is something of your interest, please mail me and I will share the complete details with you.

Comment provided November 22, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I will address your question privately.

I like the new look too! It’s a professional-looking bio, which is great for independent consultants like me.

Thanks for the regular emails – I need the push too sometimes ;-)

Happy 2011 everyone :)

Comment provided December 3, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Lynn Rios writes:

I really like the new layout. I believe it is a much more user friendly layout for our readers, and that’s why we write, isn’t it?

Comment provided December 3, 2010 at 9:31 PM