Member Support – Taking Your Questions with a Smile

From left to right: Scott, Ben, Karen, Vanessa, Jenna

Member Support plays a crucial role in the successful operation of the EzineArticles platform.

The team of 5 assists members daily with a wide range of email-based questions.

In the last month, the team responded to about 10,000 inquiries from members on things ranging from account management to individual article status and many other topics.

There are plenty of author resources and tools on EzineArticles to help sort out those types of questions (e.g. Author Tools, Editorial Guidelines, the Blog), but Member Support is the easiest way to get personalized responses to your specific questions.

How To Contact Member Support

You can reach a representative of our Member Support Team by:

• Logging into your Member account
  • Click on the “Contact” link in the upper-right corner of the Author’s Area
  • Filling in all fields and clicking the “Send Message” button

Non-members can also ask questions using the Contact Us link on the EzineArticles homepage. However, keep in mind that we prioritize Member Support queries from the Author’s Area ahead of those who use the public “Contact Us” page. So if you’re a member, make sure you use the Author’s Area link instead.

The 5 members offered these 5 tips to help you get answers faster:

1. Be Direct and Clear – “Give as many details as possible related to your question. If it’s about a specific article, give the article title, article number and your question. Asking specific questions will increase the likelihood that our team can help you get answers.”
  2. Use Resources Wisely – “Familiarize yourself with the resources available to you inside and outside of your Membership account. The Editorial Guidelines and Blog are great places to start. There’s also a lot of good information inside your Author’s Area to help you with things like distributing your articles, finding and fixing broken links and viewing article stats.”
  3. Ask All Questions – “When you have multiple questions about the same issue, include them all in one message. All of your questions will be responded to, so there’s no need to write in multiple times.”
  4. Keep It Real – “Use your real name, upload an author photo and use the same name and image everywhere. This builds your credibility with your audience and with EzineArticles. People want to see the real person behind the insightful articles. Having your name and image on your content everywhere will make it easy for us to identify that you supplied it yourself.”
  5. Quick Service – “On a typical day, the team’s goal is to provide a detailed response to every ticket within 24 hours. However, keep in mind that when you send in a question, you’re asking one of many questions that’ll be answered in chronological order by when they’re asked. If you’re looking for a faster response time, our Premium Service offers an expedited response time.”

If you have any questions about anything related to EzineArticles, don’t hesitate to contact us. And, as always, you can leave a comment on this Blog with any other questions or thoughts you have. We look forward to hearing from you.

I’ve been especially impressed with Jenna – as her quick response and helpful assistance is always spot on! I guess she is assigned to my account due to my alphabetical listing – is that how you do it here? Anyway, A+ grade in customer service.

Comment provided November 4, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Jenna addresses all of our Premium Members. She is a great resource (they all are). I’m sure she will appreciate your sentiments.

Ian writes:

These are 5 sound tips. Thanks. I have always found the team at EzineArticles the most helpful and one of the most professional in customer service and communication.

Comment provided November 4, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Mary Ruddy writes:

Even though I have only been writing and submitting articles for a little over 3 months now, I can honestly say that I have been really impressed with the support team, and I have used them quite a bit when I have had queries or problems.

Their response time is very good and I have been pleased with the service and help they have given me.

Well done! It is nice to see the faces behind the names.

Comment provided November 5, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Eugene writes:

Can you please answer a simple question. After redesign of your web site I faced a problem. For example, this user has over 650 articles. Before the redesign I could browse articles using this link as there are several pages of articles. Now there is only ONE. How can I find the rest articles? thanks?

Comment provided November 5, 2010 at 11:47 AM

The new Expert Author view is currently in Beta and was only a 24 hour test. This will be restored to the orginal design at midnight tonight. I have passed your comments on to our developers for review.

For the time being, if you would like to search this author’s articles, you may do so by using the new search feature on this page which allows you to search just this author’s articles.

I think it looks “Crisp and Clean” and Eugene’s comment could be mitigated by a simple “Search by category expansion” at the bottom – with a button to get there at the top of the page, next to the new search feature. By the way that search feature rocks, really makes it easy to get to articles for heavy users. Amazingly easy to use. Even if you use the old format, I think you should leave that, and can you make this a new blog topic so we might discuss all the needs and desires of the authors, and then your back-end gurus of technology can work to keep all the old articles listed in the search engines optimally?

Thanks for the input, we’ll be discussing this over the weekend and into next week.

Look for something on this next week :)

sreekumar writes:

For sure EzineArticles is becoming more and more intimate with their members finding out new ways always.

Comment provided November 7, 2010 at 6:34 PM

faisal farrukh writes:

Well….i just cannot control myself to say hi to everyone of them……!!! Scott………tough guy!!! especially on localized content!!! Anyway good to see them all!

Comment provided November 27, 2010 at 12:38 AM

sreekumar writes:

Hope, if you could be more specific about the objection in a problem article, the authors could save time in guessing.

Comment provided December 8, 2010 at 5:52 AM

Pam Ragland writes:

Thanks for this. My first article was rejected for a link and I’m mystified as to the problem. It took more than a month to review it & I had no idea where to go since. That was right about the time you were impacted by the algorithm changes so I’m sure it has been hectic recovering. Since I am one of the leading experts in the world on my topic, it will be a win-win to get this fixed. I am glad to know there is somewhere to ask for help.

Comment provided May 4, 2011 at 2:02 PM

JFCost writes:

Most interesting to see and read about this. Also to see that I am not the only author frustrated by unexplained rejections and delayed responses. I trust that it is all a part of the tremendous growth expectations from Ezine. Any business experiencing such a rapid increase will certainly encounter some speed bumps. I am sure it will all smooth out in time.

Comment provided May 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Harry McLemore writes:

I have written original articles and had one heck of a time having them accepted. I didn’t agree with the reasons given .. such as “too much white space.” I won’t even go into the other reasons. I just wanted to say I have not published any new articles in over a year, and will not in the future. It’s a waste of my time. Please do not reply.

Comment provided February 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I promise not to reply to your comment.

However, I would highly disagree with anyone who might assert your position, even to the point of telling such a person that they clearly have no idea whatsoever of what they are talking about.

Still, as I said, I will not reply to your comment or YOU in particular.

Arshad Amin writes:

Please someone help me with my article, i have been trying to submit for publication over here, my first article got approved without any issues now in last one week or so my two articles have been rejected apparently for grammar issues. While to me there aren’t any pleas help me, or tell me how can i contact the support team of EzineArticles.

Comment provided July 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Hi Arshad,

I see you have successfully contacted our Member Support team. They are replying to your inquiry privately as we speak. For future reference, you can find the Contact Us button in the top left corner of your My.EzineArticles homepage.