Introducing the EzineArticles Formula

If you’ve always wanted to become an article writing and marketing expert, now’s your chance!

For the last few weeks, we’ve been telling you that we’re in the process of developing a brand new step-by-step training tool. A system that will not only help newbies get started, but also aid veterans in becoming more efficient and effective with their article writing and marketing efforts.

We are proud to introduce the EzineArticles Formula!

This 10-module training system has the power to forever alter the way you view article writing and marketing no matter how much experience you have.

Here are some of the topics we’ll be covering inside the EzineArticles Formula:

• Getting Started with Article Marketing
  • Generating Article Ideas to Captivate Your Audience
  • Creating Article Titles That Get Results
  • Developing Writing Rituals That Work for You
  • Creating Results-Driven Author Bios
  • Driving Traffic to Your Site with Search Engine Optimization Techniques
  • Using Social Media to Increase the Potency of Your Article Marketing
  • Proven Ways to Increase Conversions
  • And much, much more!

The EzineArticles Formula includes:

• 10 Training Modules (You’ll receive 2 modules per week to download over a 5-week period)
  • Concise checklists and reference guides for every module
  • Workbook exercises that will help you better understand the material and build your article writing and marketing skills
  • A bonus teleseminar with Christopher Knight, article marketing expert and CEO of EzineArticles.com

This is the most comprehensive article writing and marketing training course you will find anywhere! If you want to take advantage of the power of article writing to drive more traffic to your site, you don’t want to miss out on ordering the EzineArticles Formula!

Susan Greene writes:

Price?

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Indeed, knowing a price point would add compelling content to this post…

The point of this blog post was to announce that we’ve been working for 6 weeks on a comprehensive course that is unlike anything we’ve made to date.

We’ll share the price point before Tuesday after the product is outlined and shared… This is coming soon.

faisal farrukh writes:

Oops! Is not it for free? I just signed up!!!?

Anyway, try to come up with a price structure instead of just price – will definitely try!

Is it ROI on HAHD or whatever whatever?

Difficult to believe – why not free?

Gary Speer writes:

Yup. My comment/question is the same as Susan Greene’s above: How much?

Come on, guys, don’t use the worn out, “over-hype” technique so common to the get-rich-quick guru gang out there tainting the Internet — give us the cost.

I would have expected better of EzineArticles.com!!

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Cost is $1997.

No, seriously, it’ll be much less than that.

I agree. I hate hyped stuff but we’re just so excited about this new product that we feared we shouldn’t offer the selling price until we’ve made the value proposition.

Darryl Kent Springston writes:

Price?

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Jan writes:

Newer than newbie to this biz and cost is definitely a factor. Sounds great and what I need!!

alantanblog writes:

This look very interesting….as usual will waiting for the price

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Bob Blake writes:

Is it a scarce resource? Do we really need to be an ‘early bird’ And of course the price?

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Darryl Kent Springston writes:

This sounds like someone else saying ” Lets approve it so we can see what’s in it.” The price that is.

I have found in the past when seller hides the price, there is a reason, usually, it is so overpriced seller knows no one will go any further.

Show me the price and then I will consider signing up for early bird list, but not until then.

Pressure selling went out with Hula Hoops.

Suggest you try re-submitting your pre-release email and this time, be realistic, like including the price, as Susan Greene suggests and Gary Speer
elaborates on.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Darryl,

“Seller” didn’t hide the price.

What you’re really telling me is that you wanted to know what’s really in this product before you tell me you’re more interested in it. I hear ya. We failed to anticipate that.

Ok, I will take your advice and do another new post with more detail and the price of this new training product. Thanks. :-)

Darryl Kent Springston writes:

Christopher,

With all due respect, I sincerely hope your product is superior to your pre-release post.

What I was really telling you is that I want to see what your product offers along with a price and I believe that is what everyone else wants also.

You catch on quick!

Carlos N Velez writes:

Ditto. I’m disappointed that y’all would resort to this tactic. We can’t take this offer seriously.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Phil writes:

Every time we add content to EzineArticles, we add value to the site, which is already well-monetized for Chris and company, not us. (No revenue sharing that I am aware of.)

If EzineArticles has training to give writers incentive to write even more (i.e. add even more value to EzineArticles), I think it would be wise to provide it for free, not charge for it.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Russ writes:

I believe there is no price. I believe it’s gonna be free. They woulda said if there was. They want quality articles on EzineArticles so it’s to their advantage to teach us. It’s win win dudes.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 5:59 PM

faisal farrukh writes:

Oh Russ!!! Just love you! You talked my heart!!!

Owais Siddiqui writes:

People I agree with Russ! NEVER will EzineArticles charge writer for tips on becoming great writers. after all we all are contributing to their traffic!

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Hopefully we’re contributing to your traffic. After all… that is why we exist: To be your highest non-search engine referer of traffic…. especially if you really engage our system with hundreds of articles.

On a daily basis, we deliver 150k-225k clicks to our members…. not to mention media exposure and we hear every week that EzineArticles was the matchmaker that introduced a major media outlet with one of our expert authors. :)

Frank writes:

Who said anything about charging for this, stop being a procrastinating weenie, you call yourself professionals?

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Darryl Kent Springston writes:

I am inclined to agree with Russ and Owais, this obviously is free as EzineArticles depends on us for their lively hood.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 6:22 PM

For years we’ve delivered nothing but free content and we’ve heard from thousands of members who have told us they are still lost in a sea of free info.

That’s why I hired a team of people to organize and create courseware that would give a sequential A to Z step-by-step process that is the most comprehensive training product we’ve ever created.

In addition, we’re using data collected from hundreds of thousands of emails to our member support team to identify where the pain points are so that we could ensure this training product solves hundreds of questions that are asked.

Lastly, others can create article writing and marketing courses, but no one has our billions of datapoints that spans tens of terabytes of data to draw distinctions and conclusions that can save our members significant amounts of time while increasing their traffic ROI.

More to follow…

Deez writes:

Well said…….. ::)

Edward Weiss writes:

Looks like a winner! Any relation to Brian Clark’s ‘Teaching Sells?’

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Patricia writes:

I expected it to be free. Only when i started reading the comments did I start to think that there might be a price. It had better be something exceptional if it is going to cost and I am not sold so far……

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Larry writes:

I feel that if EzineArticles is spending the time to develop the course, then it has some value and deserves a cost. With that said, I also have to agree with what others have said, that being if EzineArticles helps to make better writers out of us, then they will likely be getting more traffic in the future as well. This should more than cover the cost of the course. The problem is when writers take the course and don’t provide future content to EzineArticles. I think the way to go would be to offer the course for a small price (to eliminate those who are looking for something for nothing and just to use elsewhere) and at the same time offer a full reimbursement if a certain number of articles (reasonable) are contributed within the next year. This would be a sure win-win situation both both parties. No need to charge someone who will bring in future revenue via articles and traffic.

Looking forward to the course.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Larry, I like the way you think!

Only one question for you, and maybe others too:

What constitutes “reasonable”? 10, 20, 30?

Plus, there is the concern related to “approvals”… ;)

On a side note, I like that these blog comments are being shown relatively quickly.

Sybille Conrad writes:

Since I am a newbie I would prefer to start right. It’s always hard to get rid of bad habits – so why not avoid them right from the start.

So please EzineArticles don’t dither, get on with it – I can’t hold my breath much longer :-))

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Larry,

This comprehensive training course won’t be for everyone.

BUT, we’ll still be motivated to give free training, article writing and marketing insights and much of the usual stuff you’ve come to expect from us without charge as our investment in you as a productive and engaged member. :)

Often we see no correlation between the free training we’ve offered and member engagement… yet we plan on continuing it because it’s the right relationship thing to do and it genuinely helps our members get what they want. Win-Win.

For those who want the structure and insights that will only be available in a fee-based product, that will be next Tuesday.

See next comment…

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 6:53 PM

sreekumar writes:

There is nothing unusual to charge when you incur additional costs. No compulsion for everyone to take.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Ron Curtis writes:

EzineArticles has been a blessing. Looking forward to hearing about this new program!

I drink out of the Expert Author coffee mug everyday! :-)

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 7:02 PM

All,

Two years ago when we launched our Premium membership services level, I think we messed up and created a product that only appealed to 1-2% of our members rather than appealing to 98% of our membership base.

This 10 module, 5 week course is going to attempt to over-deliver like nothing we’ve done to date with hopes that our charter owners of this product will help us with written & video testimonials.

I hope you’ll forgive me and us a bit as we find our way with how to deliver this new course. Your feedback gets integrated into every decision we make and is always appreciated.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Gary Speer writes:

Free?? You seriously think they would post a come-on type blog entry, and tell us they are limiting the membership on the webinars, AND ask us to sign up for a special “early alert” or whatever — and have a FREE course in mind?

Really that naive, eh?

Sorry. No rudeness intended. My “sarcasm button” has been pressed way too much today, I guess. LOL!

I would be very, VERY amazed if this proves to be a free course. And I don’t mean to imply it should be free. If they have indeed worked hard in packaging value, then I assume they are fully justified in charging for it.

Yes, it would indeed be good to get a post with more specifics on content and pricing information. Thank you, Chris, for acknowledging that.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Gary,

Sorry, this won’t be a free course.

I’m sorry to you and everyone else for the confusion our blog post has created. Know we’re going to do our best to get it right in the next blog post.

hope it to be very helping as EzineArticles is always and look forward to learn a lot from this awesome product.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Laundry hamper writes:

I also would like it to be free. And then it will be a win-win solution. Looking forward to any latest news.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Susie writes:

Given the amount of work they have gone through to create this system, this website, the video, etc., I doubt very much that this package would be free. Nor it should be if the content is as good as the bullets points above indicate.

It is important to evaluate the ROI of the price vs. the potential increased sales for one’s sites.

I feel it would be foolish to at lave a look at the offer. 500 places will go very quickly.

I am keeping my mind open to this opportunity.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Darryl Kent Springston writes:

“Fair enough, but we have not even told you what specifically is in this product.”

“How could anyone possibly make a value determination without knowing what we really intend to offer here…”

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Excuse me for saying so, but this is going on Friday and as of your above writing, you do not know what you are really intending to offer yet you are offering content with pricing by tuesday.

You need put a halt to everything, get your ducks in a row and figure out what you are going to be offering for how much and let us know when you are there.

As of this point in time, you admittedly do not even know what you intend to sell so yeah, it makes sense you do not know what to charge.

Time out!!!

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Darryl,

Yes we do know what our price point is going to be along with all of the 10 modules in this program:

What you and many others have made it clear to us is that our approach to announcing this new product was all wrong. We won’t make this mistake again.

Watch for a new blog post from me very soon that will outline the entire training product, price points, and what the deliverables are.

Charles Michael writes:

I’ve learned through experience not to sign up for pre-launch courses. The reason that the price is not mentioned is because it is probably high. They are trying to pre-sell everyone and build hype, in hopes of generating sales.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 8:33 PM

TrevorESSmith writes:

Christopher

You took a battering on this one while you were just following what is standard launch practice these days.

What is different is your willingness to engage directly and openly. Hard to churn carefully crafted responses in that situation and to control what blog visitors see.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 9:14 PM

robgrant writes:

Me no like sneaky marketing. I may cancel my newsletter subscription is type of stuff continues.

If you want to sell something, just tell us how much. Hiding the price until we get another piece of advertising is not going to help your cause, it’s just going to piss us off.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Ian Hollander writes:

Darryl –

No online likes a blog comment bully.

If you aren’t interested in signing up for the list – and don’t appreciate a little mystery in your marketing – simply skip it.

Relax, take a few deep breaths and try to regain your emotional equlibrium before you sort of stick a few more pixels in your metaphorical mouth.

I’m pretty sure EzineArticles knows what they are selling.

I think the idea above was….. WE don’t know what the value proposition is, not EzineArticles.

Reading things carefully, is usually a powerful precursor to making an intelligent argument.

Hype didn’t go out with the hula hoop….and while I’m a bit surprised to see EzineArticles do the lunatic launch approach with an article marketing product that would seem to be inconsequential from an overall revenue standpoint…….who cares?

And if trying to build a little anticipation is part of the fun – why should you so vociferously object?

Don’t buy it – move on – and all will be well with the world, Darryl, I promise.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Mary Lee Scully writes:

Chris,

Like Charlie Page, the owner of the DOE said, Free Ads do not work to sell products.They work for testing various elements. you’ve got to find a way to reach your audience for a price that we can afford, Chris.
Of course, I do appreciate the effort, work & time spent in creating this product & I whole-heartedly give you my support. Only please make it affordable for people like me.

Thanks,
maryleescully

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Lawanna Bean writes:

Well, I am excited and really want to take advantage of it. But I really am hoping it’s not too costly. I don’t mind paying for excellent information, but my website is new and my cash flow is not flowing yet. So it will be interesting to see what the cost will be next Tuesday.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Don Miguel writes:

I too am wary when someone talks up the next “AMAZING” thing but won’t mention the price before launch. Anyway, why the pre-launch hype anyway? We would all be interested in taking a look when the product was relaeased and make a judgement based on the information and price(if any) on the day.

Why would 1 hour before anyone else make a difference anyway?

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Don Miguel writes:

Why will this have limited slots and what will 1 hour before everyone else achieve?

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 10:25 PM

money guru writes:

I would like to know that what you will charge for EzineArticles Formula.

Comment provided November 11, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Well, this blog post seems to have stirred up some interest. Looking forward to the release date. But I may not have the needed cash. Maybe we can work out some barter arrangement. (Like giving you my nephew as a slave for a week, lol.)

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Peter writes:

In addition to price I need to know what time of day or night the webinars will take place – living in a very different time zone I am concerned that the webinars may be in the early hours of the morning :-)

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Sam writes:

Chris, I’m just wondering why you are limiting the membership numbers, and how many people you’ll be accepting? Surely it would be to your benefit for as many EzineArticles members as possible to buy & use the course?

I’ll certainly be interested if it’s affordable to me. I don’t understand why some people think they should get everything for free – I doubt they’d do their jobs/run their businesses for nothing!

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 2:45 AM

Sam,

I’m assembling almost a dozen people this morning to take the feedback learned from your feedback and others in this thread so that the next blog post I make will reformulate our offering into something I hope will be less confusing.

You are right.

It is silly to limit the number of students that will become owners of the EzineArticles Formula product… therefore, we won’t do that.

It is true that if you make an investment in a product you would expect some return for it. I view cloak and dagger marketing very suspiciously.
Be upfront and boast the value of the course by also announcing the price.

Guys, how much would you pay for the course?

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 2:58 AM

Alex Newell writes:

Announcing a product about communication the Big Cheese himself says “value determination” and “price point”…?

Poorly done!

And since EzineArticles wants more authors contributing at a higher quality it actually make sense for them to offer this free.

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 4:03 AM

Alex,

You’ve misunderstood what I wrote.

I was asking how anyone (I meant a future owner of the EzineArticles Formula product) could make a thumbs up or thumbs down decision as to whether it’s worth it until all of the cards have been laid out.

It’s good, i found it useful and it will be a helpful tool to the beginners in article writing as well as to the veterans. As of me, i will do a further research about it! Thanks for your ideas.

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 4:06 AM

Chris –

I don’t think you’ve anything amiss here. Marketing and teasing something out to generate interest and curiosity – as it has clearly done – is simply a marketing technique.

I’m not looking forward to a product that is highly priced – but you know what? We’ve all had a rather symbiotic relationship with EzineArticles and blithely assume that they owe us some more freebies…

I’m a capitalist. I think you should charge for it. I fail to see the “issue” or big to-do here. Personally, if you can’t buy it – don’t. If you can, then do so.

Otherwise, let the man work. He’s no different than any of us: he’s in it for the money. Problem?

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 5:08 AM

Informative Article!!! I liked this. Actually web designing and promotion are related to each other because there is no profit from website development if not promoted. Well I have read some of these blogs and I found them very informative and interesting. I liked them.

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 5:24 AM

Kim writes:

This is a great comment thread. Christopher, I appreciate you taking the time to give real feedback.

Monetization of websites and blogs can be very challenging. It’s good to be reminded that the “Big Guys” like EzineArticles have challenges with it too.

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 5:55 AM

Daren Willcock writes:

Chris,

I look forward to this product for one main reason, and with one main concern.

1. EzineArticles have got the insider information on what works across a multitude of niches, article styles, lengths etc. It would be good just for the statistical analysis alone.

2. However, EzineArticles want to up their own revenue and in one sense they are in competition with the authors with regards to clicks! It is either EzineArticles’s ads or authors links.

I would like to see explained how EzineArticles are going to give us the very best advice (which they have for me so far, I believe) but still increase their own profits. I guess it works for them on sheer numbers.

The one thing that intrigues me the most is click through rate. How that relates to the structure of your bio, how it relates to the structure of the article, and how it relates to your title etc. Also, does it differ niche to niche?

I hope there is some of this in the product Chris.

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 6:07 AM

Walter Green writes:

I have no trouble with a charge for a course.

What I do have trouble with is the approach that treats those of us who are professionals as though we are rubes. The oldest sales tactic in the book is not revealing the price until the mark has made the mental commitment and has to have the product. That is not how to treat fellow professionals on whom you depend.

The defense that you have not yet figured out the pricing is either a laughable dodge or just not very bright. Admit that we caught you acting like a salesman with slicked down hair and wearing a cheap plaid jacket and move on.

For my purpose in writing articles, EzineArticles is a convenience. I can meet my goals in several other ways. Assuming that your clients are stuck with you, and then not treating them with respect, is a dangerous proposition

The bad part about all this was that I was considering signing up for the course. After about 2 minutes of thought I had to ask myself (1) is this course going to be hype or deliver value, and (2) will this course focus on tricks to do shoddy and unethical work on the same level of sophistication as the initial marketing approach. I can’t come up with a reasonable assurance I will not waste my time and money.

PS – “Enter Above Phrase to the Box below” (see the line immediately below the type-in-the-letters challenge) is not acceptable grammar, at least not at a professional level.

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 6:18 AM

Warren D. Smith writes:

I have several questions:

1. Who is your target customer for this new training program?
2.What do you know about your target customer?
3. What ‘pain’ or ‘problem’ does the course resolve for your customer?
4 How many people ‘want’ your new course?

In my experience a prospective customer offered a new product generally asks three questions. So what? Who cares? What’s in it for me?

How do you ‘answer’ these questions to the satisfaction of your target customer?

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 6:31 AM

Warren,

Thanks for your thoughtful questions.

1) Target client for the “EzineArticles Formula”:

Beginner to intermediate members of EzineArticles.com who have either not submitted their first article yet or have submitted up to 250 articles.

Over 250+ article submissions and the member would be considered high intermediate to advanced and our perception based on questions asked by members with 250+ articles live tell us that they have a different set of challenges than someone who hasn’t submitted their first article to someone who hasn’t reached the 250+ article level yet.

2/3) We know they are frustrated, they may hate writing or think they can’t write, they feel intimidated and the whole article writing and marketing process is complicated, they fear wasting their time trying a model that they are unsure will work them and their business. Members are unsure about how to write or tell about themselves but are unsure how to not write a promotional article.

4) Based on the half a million email questions we received in member support, it’s clear to us that a highly structured course is needed beyond the free training we currently offer. How many will want this new course is unknown. Only the market can decide.

Mr. Knight,

I’m nearly certain that your meeting has been held, and has ended, yet I felt compelled to respond to the above points.

As the “EzineArticles Formula” is targeted to the beginner (mostly), and knowing that to make money, one must “invest” money, I hope the price point that you and your team decide upon reflects the level that your target market is at, with regards to their likely income (investment ability).

Maybe to help “the market decide”, an appealing price point (again, based on a beginner’s likely level of investment ability) will be considered…

I thought everything here was free!

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 8:01 AM

Robert writes:

Why no price? – Because, they want to see how many people sign up for this “pig in a poke” before working out how much they think they can charge for it. Simple economics of supply and demands.

Why the “must sign up” hype – To make you feel that you have already invested something in this product, which you will lose if you don’t go ahead and buy it.

Why the “1 hour early” hype: To create a false sense of urgency, implying that this information is so very important that you will gain some advantage by getting it 1 hour early. Gee-whizz, is this some kind of sky bound, self-destructing rocket!

Come on EzineArticles, drop all this cr*p, internet, self-promotion hype. We’ve all seen it a billion times before: Incredible must have product, that you are “so excited” about, that has manufactured false deadlines, etc. etc.

Next, I bet, we’ll learn that there are only a “limited number” available…

Oh, and while you’re at it, why don’t you try the old tricks of “introductory prices soon to increase” and the “buy now and get these free supplements worth $XXXX free”.

If you have a value product, put up an information page with full details and price and let the consumer decide just how “fantastic” it is.

Personally, I believe that the vast majority of people that obtain this product will be doing little more than increasing the size of their [unused, unread, forgotten] selfware…

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Sunshine writes:

Please sir, can I become a marketing affiliate for your wonderful product?

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Sunshine,

We’ll be taking on select affiliates in 2011.

Sign up here to be notified when it launches:

Emmy writes:

Christopher M. Knight, when are you going to bring out your next expert manual entitled: “How To Make A Complete Prat Of Yourself With Just One Stupid Blog Post”?

I’ll surely buy that one as you obviously will know what you are talking about.

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Very funny Emmy.

Probably why I couldn’t sleep last night. I hate executing a new product wrong. Lessons learned…

Emmy writes:

Well, if I made you chuckle, then it was all worth it. ;-)

Larry writes:

Christopher,
This blog post sure has gotten a lot of attention! Maybe that was the intention, and if not, at least as you mentioned you’ve gotten some good ideas from the comments. Maybe this would be a good topic for an Ezines Article? Anyone?……
The comments started off pretty constructive but more recently they seem to be on the borderline of being ridiculous, and pure spam.
I wanted to follow up from my earlier comment and also add a few things-
1) My previous comment was merely suggesting idea’s. I have no problem with paying for a product that has value.
2) For those saying that expecting something for free is ridiculous, I personally wouldn’t be “expecting” something for free. Rather, If I owned a business and produced a product or service (or ecourse in this instance) that was going to help my contributors (or employees in a bricks and mortar business) be more efficient and produce greater results, it would greatly benefit me to provide it free, or at least at a very reasonable cost. Most companies don’t typically charge their employees for training and they have have great success. Just because time and money is spent producing something, doesn’t mean it can’t be given away for free, as long as the return is greater than the investment. I give away my knowledge for free every day. Do I earn nothing for my time and effort? Hell no. Of course I earn something.

Whatever you decide to do, I’m sure it will be the right decision, and if not, you know that you can always make some changes to make it right.

Good luck and looking forward to the release.

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Larry,

It wasn’t my intention to get the kind of negative feedback that was sent, but because I and we always value member input… we are extremely appreciative of the direction given.

In fact we may delay the launch as our team and I have been meeting all morning based on the feedback given. We’ll share where we’re at soon.

Sue Porter writes:

Not meaning to, you built us up – we were say yes, to all your questions, but then when we were to the point of making a decision, we were left frustrated and disappointed. This only smacks of lack of knowledge and experience! I would recommend you invest in Ali Brown’s material on Launching a Product. She shows you step by step how to build anticipation, how much to share and when. This way you won’t have negative, disappointed, frustrated feedback. It wasn’t intentional, just uneducated. I wish you the best.

Sue

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Tryphena Thelmon writes:

Hi Chris,
Looking forward to the new product. I’m new and
my first submission to you guys bought me a fair amount of traffic. I hope this product can boost
things and is affordable for a newbie. Thanks.

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 3:13 PM

William Chaney writes:

Perhaps a phone call to a local Jr. College for those interested in the cost of an education might help. It seems to me that the course being offered is not an and/or offer. If a person does not want the course, they can continue to summit articles “FOR FREE’ and get posted. It might take them a lot longer to reach the results they seek, but they still have this option. For those like myself, education is very important, and I understand there is a cost to get it. So I will wait until I see the cost, and if I can afford it, I will be there.

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Stephen writes:

Hi Chris,

Perhaps you could tie this in to include premium membership to EzineArticles. I’d be very interested in that. Just a thought.

Kind regards,

Steve.

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Bette Daoust writes:

I agree that knowing the price would be beneficial, on the other hand, being clear on the value proposition is much better. For me, I have been writing articles for years for EzineArticles, my articles are everywhere yet I am still not capitalizing on this widespread “fame”.
The value to me will be learning how to finally convert my articles into revenue generating pieces. Bring it on – just keep the price low enough that most people are willing to participate. Thanks Chris – this is much needed

Comment provided November 12, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Karl writes:

What’s with all the whining about price? You’ve been getting tons of valuable free info for years. How much has that been worth to your online businesses?

EzineArticles has taken the initiative to gather together their most useful info into a course and they should charge for it. Don’t you charge for courses you’ve created?

This post simply announced the upcoming launch and asked for your email address. Standard pre-launch practice in the industry. When’s the last time Apple announced a new product and immediately gave you the price? NEVER. They overhype to drive demand, knowing all the loyal Macheads will buy no matter what.

Put your name on the list if you’re interested and unsubscribe if the price doesn’t meet your budget. Simple.

Comment provided November 13, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Bonnie Jo Davis writes:

I don’t get the negative comments and the expectations of a freebie. Do any of you work for free? Do you sell your products and services for free? Why do you expect something that required so much work to create to be free?

The real value of something free is questionable. Many people never complete free training courses and they certainly rarely ever act on something they learned for free. The most value I ever received from from any kind of training was coaching that cost me several hundred dollars. Finding the money for that coaching left me very invested in the outcome.

The entitlement mentality of people shocks me.

Comment provided November 13, 2010 at 2:41 PM

sreekumar writes:

Here the question is who is beneficiary? EzineArticles and Authors both get benefit. Who is deriving more? The body getting more should bear the cost of development. Or it can be in another way, magnanimity and fame of the person grow when something is given free. But definitely do so only when you can afford.

Comment provided November 13, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Chitralekha Shalom writes:

I am portrayed as an “EzineArticles Expert Author”. I have ten live articles. I still have a lot to learn in this business of writing and am working on it, but, will not be able to buy this offered educational format. I enjoy all your tips and guidance sent to me free and endeavor to write better every time. Wish I could afford to buy this offer.
What is this “EzineArticles Expert Author mug”? Do I get it too?
I would love it.

Comment provided November 14, 2010 at 1:28 AM

The EzineArticles Expert Author mug gets sent to members upon reaching a certain milestone in their membership … what that milestone is remains a bit of a secret since we like our members to be surprised when the receive the mug. Suffice to say, if you keep submitting high-quality articles on a regular basis, you will soon see one in your mailbox. :-)

Sean writes:

Looking forward to this Chris… A course on article marketing from the source is great!

Comment provided November 14, 2010 at 5:27 AM

Adam Cohen writes:

Unbelievable, are people that naive to think that there is such a thing as a free lunch. Everyone thats bitched about the cost needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

EzineArticles exists to drive FREE traffic to your website but they are also a business with overheads and costs. Last time I looked i didn’t see a single quality course available that had had time and money invested into it, being given away for free, in fact I would be more dubious if it was free.

Don’t forget guys if you you don’t like it, return it, no brainer really.

Well done EzineArticles, looking forward to seeing course

Comment provided November 14, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Hi Chris :)
having had two (according to our small business) big launches this year myself (in which both I didn’t use blog commentsas pre launch tool!) I was really amazed about the power, some destructive people can have in a blog comment thread, if you have previously given it to them …
Good luck for ur launch anyway! I love article writing and using articles in marketing and for SEO purposes… so I’m looking forward to what u guys will be offering and had no problem, opting in to ur early bird list either … by the way, I do this quite often, if a product seems to be interesting to me … I don’t see this as dangerous, just as a possibility I hardly ever use in the end …

Greetings from Uruguay,

Alexander

Comment provided November 14, 2010 at 7:22 PM

G’day Chris,

Looking forward to finding out more about the course.
However, just a couple of strange things noted in your blurb…

First: What the heck does an hour difference make?

Second: How much is it?

Third: I am thinking you purposely did a shonky message to stir up a reaction??

Oh, another thing, as I am in Australia, I find the time difference makes a hassle with webinars. Unless you offer a down under time session also.

Having said all that, you can’t hit the mark everytime and I am sure you will improve the message on the course next time out.

Keep up the great job you are doing Chris, I am really impressed with your service and have recommended EzineArticles to heaps of writers.
Blessings
Terry

Comment provided November 15, 2010 at 1:37 AM

I understand the hype but writing articles to get traffic is a free online strategy. If you are offering a course it should be reasonable.
I hate that so many are so negative. If the course is only a few dollars that won’t be bad.
I like the idea that you would get free after so many articles. That is kind of a win win. There are a lot of courses being sold that do target article marketing so you having one would be like getting it from the source. Not a bad idea. But what will you teach that we haven’t learned in the other courses? That is the important part.
Thanks, Looking forward to hearing more.
Mary

Comment provided November 15, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Gary Ward writes:

Ok, I read the first few posts, put it down for a couple of days and just now skimmed through the rest of the posts. I did not see a price point yet, Christopher, other than the “much less than $1997.” Released one yet?

I have 29 live and 2 pending articles (and writing another tonight). I’m taking a fundraising course, writing a fundraising and marketing plan for a non-profit, adding content to my 18 websites, plus content to two that are not mine, running a guiding business, teaching a high school math course, administering a small private school, keeping a household, attending my son’s soccer practice and games, occasionally kayaking, and …well, I’m not sure I can add on anything else, no matter what the price point is!

By the time I had my Master’s degree, I knew how to dig up information and apply it. I have done almost all of this on my own, so a free course would be used by me, if I have the time to do it and it has valuable information.

On the side of EzineArticles, I don’t give my hiking and kayaking tours away, either. Good content will command the price you ask. Give some content for free to show how really powerful this is going to be and the negativity will stop.

Go on, Christopher. I could use the course, yes; yet, I just might not have the time, so I cannot guarantee a sale to me.

Comment provided November 16, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Gary & everyone else in this thread,

Great news today!

We listened to our members who said over-and-over again that they wanted it available at a lower price.

For the next 5 days only, we’re hoping to further pack our charter class with an investment of only $397 USD.

Full details:

This will be the lowest price of 2010 for this training and it’ll be off the market after Tuesday night while we deliver the training for the rest of December and the first part of January.

Adrian Reid writes:

So there we have it. A Price that took forever to find. I am a Rat Smeller!

Comment provided April 7, 2011 at 2:14 PM