Brandi Armstrong is an experienced business owner. Her focus is on providing small and home-based businesses with telecommunications solutions designed to enhance their professional image and help them work more efficiently.
As a small business owner herself, Brandi deals with the challenges of working in a hyper-competitive industry every day.
She uses her writing to share the experiences of meeting and overcoming the common challenges she faces. Plus, she uses the experiences to create the best possible business solutions in her line of work.
Trust in Quality
The key to Brandi’s success has been her ability to focus on consistency and quality in her writing. She understands that giving readers positive experiences with her content 100% of the time builds their trust, and that trust is the foundation of a solid business relationship.
She says, “You only get one chance to make a first impression and I want to make sure that the readers of my articles have a positive experience with my content – that they walk away knowing more than they did before and that they don’t feel [like they’re being] sold to.”
That positive first impression will make them feel a lot more comfortable with trusting you.
She adds, “The quality of your articles is going to determine the trust level from your readers. Trust is required in order to get the click-through to your site. So, if you can consistently produce quality articles, you’ll see success with EzineArticles.”
Consistency from Setting Goals
Brandi has kept her writing consistent by striving to maintain her goal of submitting 3 new articles every week. She set a writing goal that’s realistic with her busy schedule. She feels that if she writes just to get to a certain number of articles, the content in each article suffers. So, instead her goal is manageable, but requires some focus.
Brandi wanted to share these tips for maintaining a level of quality and consistency in your article writing and marketing:
- Imagine You Are Your Audience – If you’re able to put yourself in the position of the people you’d like to reach, it becomes much easier to write quality content for them. If you can think like them, that’s even better. Then you’ll have a perspective on the types of questions they would like answered and you can write articles on those points.
- Set Realistic Goals – Writing goals should reinforce the effort you put into your writing. They motivate you to stay on task and be consistent. However, if you expect too much out of yourself quantity-wise, the quality of each article may suffer.
- Enjoy Your Writing Responsibilities – It isn’t essential to have a heavy writing background to be successful in article writing and marketing. What is important is that you enjoy the writing process and the idea of helping others with your content. If you enjoy helping others, writing articles is a great way to have an impact on others while also generating traffic to your website.
- Share Something New – Give yourself a reputation for quality by sharing something new in everything you write. People are looking for new insights and ideas, so give that to them and keep your content fresh. This will ensure that they walk away knowing more than they did beforehand.
- Write Evergreen – High-quality articles will have an impact on the traffic you receive right away, but the best articles are evergreen and bring in continuous, never-ending traffic over time. Most articles you write should continue to work for you by attracting readers, even if the article was written and published several years ago.
Use these tips today to write your next set of high-quality, original articles for more traffic back to your website or blog. Also, leave a comment to share how you keep up the consistency of your writing.