This post was updated on May 8, 2012 at 2:24 P.M.
If you’re new to article writing, you might be feeling a little overwhelmed and looking for directions on how to get started.
The thought of starting an article writing and marketing campaign may seem like a daunting task, but if you take it one step at a time, it becomes much more manageable.
In this video, I’m going to share an 8 step process for writing and submitting an article. Whether you are sitting down to write your very first article set or you’re an article marketing veteran, this process can help you come up with great article ideas and work through writers’ block.
Here’s a recap of the steps from the video:
- Choose a Topic – Think about the niche or market in which you have experiences. Remember that article ideas are everywhere, so embrace the niche you’re writing in to find ideas.
- Develop a Title – Have a working title in mind to help direct the flow of the article. It may or may not be the final version of the title if you find new information you’d like to share while writing.
- Create an Outline – Build the main points of the article and supporting details. The outline doesn’t have to be completely written out. In fact, it could just be something you are visualizing in your mind.
- Write an Introduction – An attention-getter is a great way to start an article. Think about why your audience will find your content relevant and what will hook them into reading the entire article.
- Convert Your Outline to the Article Body – Expand on your outline to construct the body of the article. Remember that the format you present your information in is an important part of getting your message across. Main points can be broken into separate paragraphs or created as bullet points.
- Write the Conclusion and Resource Box – Wrap up the main points from the article in the conclusion and answer any lasting questions you think a reader might have. The Resource Box is where you give more information about yourself to the reader and instruct them on what to do next.
- Review Your Article – Become familiar with the Editorial Guidelines so you can be sure your article follows our required standards. Proofread the entire article for typos and misspellings.
- Submit Your Article – Log into your My.EzineArticles.com account and select the Write & Edit tab which will automatically open to the Submit New Article form. If you have any questions, click on the blue “?” (Help button) within each section of the submission form for an in-depth explanation.
Whether you’re a veteran author or an article marketing newbie, use this strategy now to write and submit a set of high-quality, original articles for more traffic back to your website. Leave a comment to share your own writing process and how it works for you.