Writing Like A Talk Show Host

Tonight’s guests are …

Providing original, new content in every article should be a primary goal of every article writing and marketing expert.

When you’re having trouble keeping your content fresh and interesting, try to think of yourself as presenting a TV talk show.

The goal of the talk show host is to learn as much about his guests as possible. Likewise, your goal should be to discover and share as much about the topic you’re covering as possible and present it in an appropriate manner. You’re the expert, so prove it by sharing all the useful information you can. Also, pose your own questions during the research phase to get extra details.

Keeping Your Audience “Tuned In”

Talk shows are typically both informative and entertaining, and this can also be an effective way to approach article writing and marketing. When informative content is presented in an interesting way, it’s a lot easier for the audience to stay tuned in to what you have to say.

The roles of the host include facilitator, interviewer and educator for the topic being discussed. The host is usually set on gaining and sharing interesting stories they hear with their audience. Being a good writer also means knowing the right questions that need to be asked and having an interest in helping others.

Each article you write is like an individual show with a theme, conflicts that beg to be resolved and knowledge on the topic.

Here’s a quick summary of how to present your knowledge like a talk show host:

• Present At Least One New Idea – If your audience gets the same information in every article, they are going to get bored quickly, so present new information as much as possible. In the same way, TV audiences get bored if they see the same thing over and over.
  • Give an Appropriate Introduction to the Topic – A lot of talk shows begin with an announcer that introduces the host and guests. You don’t have the luxury of an announcer, but you should provide an introduction to the article before jumping into the content.
  • Be Informative and Entertaining – Make your content interesting and filled with information. Don’t be afraid to draw on personal stories. If you have personal experiences with your topic, your knowledge can be very helpful.
  • Be the Expert – Embrace your role as an expert and use that to provide valuable information. People find your articles when they’re looking for answers to their questions, so have an idea of the questions people are asking to help them the most.
  • Resolve All Conflicts – Use your expertise to resolve all of the conflicts you’ve introduced in the article and leave the audience feeling the way you want them to feel about the material.

You may never have the chance to try out your talents as a talk show host, but that doesn’t mean you can’t imitate one as an Expert Author. Use this outline now to write and submit your next set of informative and entertaining articles for more traffic back to your website or blog.

Ding Neng writes:

Hey EzineArticles, Anther great tip from you guys! I’m going to use it right away for my next few articles, which is part of the #HAHD EzineArticles contest :) Look forward for more tips your you guys! Rock’ on! :)

Comment provided October 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Eddington writes:

Thanks for the tips, today I just want to say thanks to the EzineArticles team, I just received my fridge magnet HAHD writing reminder, I was chaffed to receive something different in the pots :-) Hey who says snail mail doesn’t work anymore?

Its now on my fridge where I can see it every blessed day! Am gonnah have to do my best.

Comment provided October 20, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Jan Smith writes:

This is a great way to make writing easier…and a lot better than actually having to do a face-to-face presentation, believe me! Much more fun~

Comment provided October 20, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Mearl Colaco writes:

Excellent tip yet again. I am an anchor too and find these tips helpful not only to be a good writer but a good anchor too. Great stuff!

Comment provided October 20, 2010 at 11:14 PM

justinadward writes:

This is really nice post.

Comment provided October 22, 2010 at 4:38 AM

David Igbinidu writes:

Thanks very much for this tips am going right now to start my next article sure to use all the tips therein cheers

Comment provided October 22, 2010 at 10:59 AM

thanks for the nice tips

Comment provided October 22, 2010 at 1:33 PM

One of the best ways to do this is to actually volunteer at the local radio station to do a talk show or be a guest on one. Usually, you can go on in the middle of the night and practice, in your area of expertise, it’s quite fun actually and some of the call-ins are hilarious, I recommend everyone who is a “REAL EXPERT” do this, it’s good for you, you will learn a lot and gain confidence.

Comment provided October 24, 2010 at 1:47 AM

I like Lance’s idea. This works with local cable television stations, too. And you can also have your free Internet talk radio show at Blog Talk Radio.

There is a free audio program about how to set up your own show at Blog Talk Radio and at http://budurl.com/talking .

Comment provided October 25, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Tom Morrow writes:

Thanks for a great article. I am a co-owner of a wedding event facility and just had my first article published on how to save on alcohol costs for your wedding reception and used some of these ideas. Keep up the suggestions for us budding authors

Comment provided October 27, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Fantastic post. Really gave me some good ideas on how to approach the blog too. It never ceases to amaze me, the information e-zinearticles gives away for free.

I think it’s important to draw from random sources too. I like using google alerts, by drawing random news on my keywords I always have varied interesting points to read on consider. This post really gave me an interesting perspective on delivery though.

Thank you. : )

Comment provided November 23, 2010 at 3:08 AM

Tom writes:

I have had 8 articles published on EzineArticles and have had a few struggles. Thanks for this advice!

Comment provided November 23, 2010 at 8:55 AM