Tonight’s guests are …
Providing original, new content in every article should be a primary goal of every article writing and marketing expert.
When you’re having trouble keeping your content fresh and interesting, try to think of yourself as presenting a TV talk show.
The goal of the talk show host is to learn as much about his guests as possible. Likewise, your goal should be to discover and share as much about the topic you’re covering as possible and present it in an appropriate manner. You’re the expert, so prove it by sharing all the useful information you can. Also, pose your own questions during the research phase to get extra details.
Keeping Your Audience “Tuned In”
Talk shows are typically both informative and entertaining, and this can also be an effective way to approach article writing and marketing. When informative content is presented in an interesting way, it’s a lot easier for the audience to stay tuned in to what you have to say.
The roles of the host include facilitator, interviewer and educator for the topic being discussed. The host is usually set on gaining and sharing interesting stories they hear with their audience. Being a good writer also means knowing the right questions that need to be asked and having an interest in helping others.
Each article you write is like an individual show with a theme, conflicts that beg to be resolved and knowledge on the topic.
Here’s a quick summary of how to present your knowledge like a talk show host:
- Present At Least One New Idea – If your audience gets the same information in every article, they are going to get bored quickly, so present new information as much as possible. In the same way, TV audiences get bored if they see the same thing over and over.
- Give an Appropriate Introduction to the Topic – A lot of talk shows begin with an announcer that introduces the host and guests. You don’t have the luxury of an announcer, but you should provide an introduction to the article before jumping into the content.
- Be Informative and Entertaining – Make your content interesting and filled with information. Don’t be afraid to draw on personal stories. If you have personal experiences with your topic, your knowledge can be very helpful.
- Be the Expert – Embrace your role as an expert and use that to provide valuable information. People find your articles when they’re looking for answers to their questions, so have an idea of the questions people are asking to help them the most.
- Resolve All Conflicts – Use your expertise to resolve all of the conflicts you’ve introduced in the article and leave the audience feeling the way you want them to feel about the material.
You may never have the chance to try out your talents as a talk show host, but that doesn’t mean you can’t imitate one as an Expert Author. Use this outline now to write and submit your next set of informative and entertaining articles for more traffic back to your website or blog.